National Park Jumps Working Group
Premier Sponsor:

BASEunited

Mar 26, 2021, 7:06 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1564 views)
Shortcut
National Park Jumps Working Group Can't Post

Ladies and Gentlemen of BASEjumper.com,

I have been gathering information on how to make jumping in the national parks a reality. I know this is a long, uphill, battle with the National Parks Service and I'd like to try and lend some organization to the effort. I will be holding a working group via Zoom this Sunday night, March 28th, from 6-7 pm, Mountain Time. The purpose of the working group is to share some ideas and gather info.

I'm also working on a website to be used as a resource for the efforts people have made in the past so we can learn from past efforts. I hope to have it up with in the next week or two; it will be BASEunited.org.

If you have information or ideas to share, please join me Sunday evening.

Topic: BASE United Working Group
Time: Mar 28, 2021 06:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://western.zoom.us/j/3423583784

BASEunited

Mar 28, 2021, 6:09 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASEunited] National Park Jumps Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you to those of you who participated in the working group this evening. I hope to have the website up soon, and as I said before, would love your further input on it. It will be a growing resource.

dudeman17

Mar 29, 2021, 1:23 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1447 views)
Shortcut

Was the zoom meeting recorded? If so, is there somewhere we can watch/listen to it?

BASEunited

Apr 14, 2021, 7:28 PM
Post #4 of 8 (1248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dudeman17] National Park Jumps Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

We didn't record the working session, we discussed a lot of general, big picture stuff.

We do have a website up and running now, though. Check it out here https://www.baseunited.org/

Apr 17, 2021, 7:51 PM
Post #5 of 8 (1156 views)
Shortcut

What happened to ABP? I haven't seen anything here in many years.

BASEunited

Apr 25, 2021, 8:42 AM
Post #6 of 8 (954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [1969912] National Park Jumps Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

According to some of the people I talked to, the ABP fell apart due to some personality conflicts on the board.

dmcoco84

Jun 6, 2021, 7:07 PM
Post #7 of 8 (527 views)
Shortcut
Zero Self-Awareness Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Preface wrote:
I've thought about prefacing these comments with two stories...

...but I think I'm gonna save them for later; for any possible nonsense.

There are so far only two things I see that differentiate Bu from Uhuck.

You're not doing T-Shirts, & you're dot org vs com. That's About It.

Given that you unfortunately appear to be a bit of a whuffo, despite having some BASE jumps (Yes, that's a thing; usually with those who have only Bridge Day and/or Twin jumps);

We have a little saying in BASE: "If it's not on video, it didn't happen."

It should be obvious what I'm speaking to, but let's go over everything to date:

(1) Your first post is made 4 days after your account is created; With ZERO Information.

Therefore, you've clearly spent very little time on the forum (profile info just for starters), let alone read even a miniscule portion of the most material threads. The content of your post itself, shows you're oblivious to forum Hx. As I wrote in another (recent) thread: "If you had been reading this forum with the intensity to which myself and others had before starting, there is no way you would've worded your post(s) in the way you did; you would've known exactly what to expect."

(2) Less than 48 hours later, you hold this... Zoom meeting. -- "No One" knows who the fk you are... where you then post again, immediately after, making the duration of this "meeting" clearly less than one hour. So, for an initial post, mostly focused on the Zoom portion... just these few aspects alone (in full context) a decade ago, would've gotten you ripped to pieces & relentlessly mocked.

(3) You barely gave anyone time (on a struggling forum -- due mostly to FB) to even see the first post, let alone participate in this little Zoom session; where you still need another week (or two) to even get some website going. Yet because you've given us the planned url, we now know & may find this even more silly because it can be seen you need Wix to do so.

(4) It then takes you ~17 days to answer the first question, in a post made one day after your prompt 2nd post.

Where we are further shown that you're "a bit of a whuffo", because you didn't even record the audio (of your very first "Working Group")... let alone video; within using a program the entire country has been using (regularly recording tons of it) due to the pandemic.

Mmmm ... "Big Picture Stuff" ... & Zero Self-Awareness.

On My End... Mine was already ready, & was initially looking at posting My Thread on the very day your website finally showed up.

Was going to tell you to make sure your next post(s) included "Up and Running" ... some initial mockery like what you would've gotten in the past.

However, I wanted to see if you were indeed Completely Oblivious, and you would do it yourself. Which you did... Truthfully, making all this painfully ridiculous.

For those of you who need things spelled out: All of this, & "the rest" ... is far funnier within the knowledge or remembrance of the Uhuck Threads & Timeline. -- Where we are then given this "website" (despite its continuity problems) from Uhuck United, speaking to learning from mistakes... yet doesn't include Uhuck, as it follows in its very footsteps. -- The website stuff & past comments alone are uncanny... within a thread that Proves far too many of my ("Dude") points, & being just mere months after Bridge Day is canceled; due to Germs.

The problem is not the desire & purpose... it's the PPE; Preparation, Presentation & Execution.

Donk wrote:
I applaud Uhucks passion and motivation and do think it is time for less talk and more action but the issue is to define what action.

http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2996090#2996090

wzettler wrote:
I read the goals listed on uhuck's website and I feel they're a little off. The goals are a little too "grand" in my opinion for now. I think uhuck (or anyone wanting to jump in NPS lands) needs to set goals more in the short term. NPS is not going to simply rescind their regulations without an act of Congress. Thats NOT happening.

(5) "What happened to ABP? I haven't seen anything here in many years."

Of Course... I could be incorrect. But all things rightfully considered:

[Whisper].I don't think that was a serious question..[Whisper]

So, Within Full Context (e.g. website included) ... Your response should equally be flamed.

(6) "Read it, then read it again."

This reminded me of Bill Burr recently...

"Do I Need To Say That One More Time?" -- (15m to 17m)

Point: Not only does your statement more appropriately apply to the BFL (as individuals are clearly not learning from the mistakes of others), but if you're going to rightly compliment something, you should at least make sure it's accurate/up-to-date. The Great Book of BASE ... is in its 3rd Edition.

Postface wrote:
As they rightfully require a reasonable amount of sarcasm...

...the remainder of my statements on "the rest" should & shall be made in My Thread ... Uhuck 2.0

StraightEdge

Jun 7, 2021, 12:38 AM
Post #8 of 8 (513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] Zero Self-Awareness Working Group [In reply to] Can't Post

Serious question. I'm not trying to slam you. I have worked with, and encountered, people with mental health conditions, including autism, over many years. I suspect you have a condition, based on your posts over the years, the style of writing, the content and the obsessive nature you demonstrate towards certain topics. Don't you think you should give it a rest? Or is this therapeutic for you? Either way, I wish you all the best in your journey through an uncertain life.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media