Post #1 of 9 (673 views)
Shortcut
UHUCK 2.0 Can't Post

Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say
But nothing comes out when they move their lips
Just a bunch of gibberish
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about UHUCK

UHUCK 2.0 is up and running

Poll Question: How funny will the totality of UHUCK 2.0 be?

TomAiello wrote:
The discussion has changed

dmcoco84 wrote:
Has It ... ... Has It Really?

P.S. Hey Ah, Chet, Ya Sexist...

You didn't even put Jean's website on there. -- "...his wife..." -- Yeah, you mean, BASE 3.

Bu wrote:
A BASE jumping web forum with some good information, some ok information, and a bunch of opinions.

I've got a buncha opinions for ya... (1) Attack Helicopter Pilot; Awesome. (2) Your Page & Posts; Not Awesome.

Bu wrote:
"BASEunited" ... Making it even easier for lazy ass mofos; Since April 12, 2021.

dudeman17

Apr 22, 2021, 2:39 PM
Post #2 of 9 (492 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] UHUCK 2.0 [In reply to] Can't Post

Why are you mocking them. Yes, other people have made efforts. Yes, other organizations have come and gone. Yet to this very day, ya still can't get a permit to jump El Cap. If that is ever going to change, people have to keep trying. If you've got ideas, get involved and help. Otherwise, let's all wish them luck.

bluhdow

Apr 23, 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #3 of 9 (444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dudeman17] UHUCK 2.0 [In reply to] Can't Post

The best way to gain access is to demonstrate that BASE jumping can produce gains (usually in the form of revenue) in excess of the costs (usually in the form of environmental damage and dead bodies).

Two ways to do this:

1. Increase the number of jumpers willing to pay a reasonable permit fee to offset the risk. Given the nature and size of the risks, this seems unlikely.

2. Increase the cost of the permits such that our small number of jumpers are able to cover the risk. Given that getting money out of BASE jumpers is harder than squeezing blood from a stone, this seems even less likely.

You are right that nothing can be accomplished without trying, but I would hypothesize that any form of "trying" that doesn't involve a meaningful amount of lobbying (read: money) is a long shot, at best.

All that said, good luck!

dudeman17

Apr 25, 2021, 3:16 PM
Post #4 of 9 (371 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluhdow] UHUCK 2.0 [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think I agree with that. Does the NPS make a profit from climbers? Backcountry backpackers? Hang gliders (do they still allow that?)?

They're a government entity, and they receive a budget to manage the parks. The question is whether they deem jumping to be an 'appropriate' use. So far they do not. The ways to get a change in their policy is either to convince them that it is, or to convince a higher court who could order them to issue permits. And yes, the lobbying for the first option, and the suit for the second one would cost money, but not in the form of permit fees.

I think of the moment in 'Sunshine Superman' where former chief ranger Bill Wendt says 'maybe i was too hard on them', (or words to that effect).

bluhdow

Apr 25, 2021, 7:39 PM
Post #5 of 9 (350 views)
Shortcut

The difference between BASE and climbers is...climbers are already there. The burden is on the Park to show that climbers need to be removed. The burden is on BASE jumpers to prove that they deserve to be there. That's a much taller order.

Inertia is bitch...especially when it comes to bureaucracy.

Climbing used to be a lot more loose in the park than it is now. Main reason: the impact of the climbers exceeded the benefit. Risk, reward. Cost, revenue. It's very simple.

Good luck!

BASEunited

Apr 26, 2021, 5:38 PM
Post #6 of 9 (293 views)
Shortcut

I see your Eminem and raise you a Taylor Swift

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off (Whoo-hoo-hoo)

Anyway, maybe the page is pointless, maybe it will provide some value. All this info is scattered to the wind online. Thought it would be helpful to put it together, work toward something productive.

Send me Jean's website and I'll put it up. And anything else that would be valuable. There's at least a half dozen asks on the website for more info from people. Want to write something and I'll make it a blog post? Hit me up.

Also, I voted for George Washington in the post. As a Marine, how could I not?

bluhdow

Apr 27, 2021, 7:19 AM
Post #7 of 9 (264 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASEunited] UHUCK 2.0 [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Anyway, maybe the page is pointless, maybe it will provide some value.

I think it was worth the T. Swift joke. Well played!

epibase

Apr 27, 2021, 10:14 AM
Post #8 of 9 (253 views)
Shortcut

does anyone have that hide heid app still? will it work to hide coco?

dmcoco84

Apr 29, 2021, 2:22 AM
Post #9 of 9 (168 views)
Shortcut

Dude...

Anyone who is paying attention and has a decent memory, should find this quite comical.

Just between You & 1969912, this stuff is getting funnier & funnier by the day.

However, I most definitely Do Not anticipate Tom finding this amusing...

Did you fail to review / click on the link I quoted in my post?

TomAiello wrote:
The discussion has changed

dmcoco84 wrote:
Has It, Dude... Has It Really?

You posting first, DUDE... is so Perfect.

But this makes it even better:

& his very first post too.

As for your comments...

...given that your BASE number is less than 20, I shall allow you to choose:

Would you like my response to be (1) slightly sarcastic (2) extremely sarcastic?

If you prefer, I could setup another poll. Or we could do a poll, here, within this poll.

Choose Wisely ... But Either Way, I'm gonna assume that dorkitup will enjoy... & concur.

dudeman17 wrote:
Why are you mocking them. Yes, other people have made efforts. Yes, other organizations have come and gone. Yet to this very day, ya still can't get a permit to jump El Cap. If that is ever going to change, people have to keep trying. If you've got ideas, get involved and help. Otherwise, let's all wish them luck.

P.S. Tom has not logged in since April 1st. -- Therefore, We're Back to Logan Paul in Yosemite, Too!

Laugh

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media