Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Packing tickets
Premier Sponsor:

R00tj00se

Nov 14, 2002, 2:01 AM
Post #1 of 4 (4227 views)
Shortcut
Packing tickets Can't Post

Thought I'd ask this here as it seems to be mentioned on BASE sites more often then not.
What is involved in a Packer A rating and a Packer B rating?
Over in the UK all I have is a signature to say I can pack - that's it. Is this an American thing?

jceman

Nov 14, 2002, 6:29 AM
Post #2 of 4 (4227 views)
Shortcut
Re: [R00tj00se] Packing tickets [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope, ain't no American thing.

All we have is a requirement for the A license that states we must be able to pack. It's some sort of European deal, believe somewhere in the Nordic regions.

TomAiello

Nov 14, 2002, 7:33 AM
Post #3 of 4 (4227 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Thought I'd ask this here as it seems to be mentioned on BASE sites more often then not.
What is involved in a Packer A rating and a Packer B rating?
Over in the UK all I have is a signature to say I can pack - that's it. Is this an American thing?

I believe you are referring to the ratings in Australia, which are mentioned on the Australian BASE Association page, under "BASE Prerequisites".

Gear and Rigging might be a better forum for this question, but I'm not sure how many Aussies read that forum.

JPA

Nov 14, 2002, 12:14 PM
Post #4 of 4 (4227 views)
Shortcut

In Australia, a packer B rating means you can pack any main parachute (tandem, student etc). Packer A is a reserve parachute rating. These ratings are usually obtained by completing a course with a qualified rigger/packer. I guess the ABA wants potential BASE jumpers to know everything they possibly can about packing skydiving canopies before they get involved in BASE. Makes sense to me.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media