Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Base Jumpers near Baumholder, Germany?
Premier Sponsor:

lowlife3

Jun 23, 2021, 8:50 AM
Post #1 of 3 (445 views)
Shortcut
Base Jumpers near Baumholder, Germany? Can't Post

Does anyone know of any skydivers or BASE jumpers around the Baumholder, Kaiserslautern, or Ramstein area? I’m PCSing there next week and was hoping to get in contact with some locals. Also in need of good DZ suggestions around there.

jothie

Jun 28, 2021, 9:29 AM
Post #2 of 3 (355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lowlife3] Base Jumpers near Baumholder, Germany? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was born in Baumholder, but live in the south of Germany for over 20 years, so I am not up to date and never made a base jump in this area.

I have made my AFF in Saarloius, approx. 110km away from Baumholder. Information about the dropzone you can find on www.fsz-saar.de.
There are also other possibilities like Trier or Schweighofen, but nothing really near.

If you drive from Baumholder to Freisen (10km away, near the Autobahn to Kaiserslautern), you will find a lot of turbines. I had not the chance to laser them, but some of them seemed jumpable. On the same way to Freisen on the leftt side, there is also an object you can not miss, but I have never made a site evaluation.

The american part/sector of Baumholder was open to enter for everybody, when I was young. Nowadays it is a high security area, so be aware, that Baumholder and its sourroundings cities may not be the best place for a mission.

Good luck!

spu

Jun 29, 2021, 8:22 AM
Post #3 of 3 (318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lowlife3] Base Jumpers near Baumholder, Germany? [In reply to] Can't Post

Regarding dropzones: You should definetely follow Pink Skyvan FB Page ->https://www.facebook.com/PinkSkyvan.

Couple of times per year it is in Zweibrücken airport. One boogie was just done, and I think next one might be in October.

Other then that, you can see the list of dropzones here -> https://www.dfv.aero/...Pl%C3%A4tze++Vereine

Other than that I can recommend FSC Mannheim (www.fsc-mannheim.de) or FSC Neustadt an der Weinstrasse (www.fsc-nw.de).

Mannheim has nice PC-6, and FSC-NW have Cessna 206T. A bit far away for you maybe, but nice scenery and people!

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media