Mar 12, 2021, 12:54 PM
Post #1 of 4 (387 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Mackilroy

TomAiello

Mar 12, 2021, 1:59 PM
Post #2 of 4 (376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mackilroy] Do I risk tension knots with control line twisted 180? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Why don't you just rotate the line so there is no twist before you set the brakes?

I don't think a single half twist is anything to worry about, though. But if it bothers you just untwist the line.

Mackilroy

Mar 12, 2021, 11:02 PM
Post #3 of 4 (360 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Do I risk tension knots with control line twisted 180? [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:

Thats ok, no one does :P

Lets put it this way. When I lay down my canopy before packing and untwist my control lines, the white brake settings should face upwards. At this stage my brake settings are faced the other way, meaning I have to twist the line 180 degrees to set the brakes. Manufacturer mistake.

Doesn't really bother me but wanted to check in with the pros :)

TomAiello

Mar 17, 2021, 8:08 AM
Post #4 of 4 (233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mackilroy] Do I risk tension knots with control line twisted 180? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mackilroy wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

Lets put it this way. When I lay down my canopy before packing and untwist my control lines, the white brake settings should face upwards. At this stage my brake settings are faced the other way, meaning I have to twist the line 180 degrees to set the brakes. Manufacturer mistake.

It actually doesn't matter if the white line is up or down. The loading of the brakes during opening will be the same in either case, because the load pushes straight down into the crotch (old style brake setting) or because the white loop has a slight bit of slack (new style) causing the load to be taken across the white spectra loop.

You don't need to flip the line over, because it works the same either way.

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media