Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
large vs small mesh slider.
Premier Sponsor:

jjmacc

Oct 27, 2020, 11:09 PM
Post #1 of 4 (371 views)
Shortcut
large vs small mesh slider. Can't Post

Clearly they're designed for slightly different applications, but does notice any real world difference between the two?

I chose to have a small/fine mesh slider when I got my first rig, and i've actually used it for some smaller delays (3-5 seconds some times!). I always opened fast and on heading still.

Im just curious to whether people who have both actually notice a difference in opening time/height/snivel.

Got the opportunity to jump something with a 5/6 second delay over the next few weeks, and im thinking the slider mesh isn't going to make that much difference.

For info, I jump a Flik2 290 at 92kg bodyweight.

dantheman

Oct 28, 2020, 1:53 PM
Post #2 of 4 (329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjmacc] large vs small mesh slider. [In reply to] Can't Post

5-6 seconds slider up- sub terminal, this type of jump can be slighlty less predictable heading wise.
Personally i would go with a big mesh slider and would wrap the nose around the whole packjob a la slider down. 38 inch pc or a 36 toxic.
Probably a 38 for you as it's a big canopy.
Not jumped a Flik 2 but did about 200 on an original Flik, done many jumps at 4,5,6 seconds slider up on various canopies over the years.
Good luck, video or it didn't happen...

jjmacc

Oct 28, 2020, 2:25 PM
Post #3 of 4 (326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dantheman] large vs small mesh slider. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cheers mate, large mesh it is. its annoying as its only 800', could do with the extra 200 haha.

and course there's going to be a vid, not worth doing if I can't post something Wink

dantheman

Oct 28, 2020, 4:17 PM
Post #4 of 4 (320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjmacc] large vs small mesh slider. [In reply to] Can't Post

Solid 6 seconds from 800ft- don’t want a snivelly opening...????

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media