OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings
Premier Sponsor:

skow

Sep 24, 2020, 3:24 AM
Post #1 of 7 (722 views)
Shortcut
OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings Can't Post

Hey,

For those people that have jumped both canopies Slider Up sub-terminal. Are the any differences in how fast they open?

OSP2 seems to be made more like an all-around canopy, so I'm wondering if it'll open slower on sub-terminal SU jumps. Personally I loved taking OSP to SU sub-terminal, because there wasn't much snivel / possibility for off-heading.

Highjinx

Oct 5, 2020, 10:38 AM
Post #2 of 7 (487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skow] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to detract, but have you done any SU delays on the shorter end like 2.5 -3.5 ? If so ,how was the opening, heading performance and what slider did you use. Mucho thanks

-I’m trying to soften up bigger slider down delays and was wondering if I should consider a Hayduke or OSP SU.
This will be for cliffs in the 500’ range.

skow

Oct 5, 2020, 9:40 PM
Post #3 of 7 (443 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Highjinx] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a 2 sec SU jump. Big mesh slider, on-heading.

https://youtu.be/Y32LwjRz-xg

And here's a 3 sec SU, same slider, same heading :)

https://youtu.be/HSTCU2xHmec

Low SU jumps is definitely the area where I like to use OSP the most. I don't have many jumps on Hayduke, but I think for those you will be more than happy with the OSP.

John_Scher

Oct 7, 2020, 10:53 AM
Post #4 of 7 (344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skow] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

Does a slider have any real effect at such low air speeds?

skow

Oct 7, 2020, 10:55 AM
Post #5 of 7 (341 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John_Scher] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it definitely does.

You can clearly see quite long snivel as opposed to immediate opening in SD.

DFR

Oct 7, 2020, 12:23 PM
Post #6 of 7 (332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Highjinx] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

If you’re just looking to soften the openings a bit you should look into what Sean Chuma is doing at the Perrine. He has a “slider” which is really just and X of load tape/webbing with a grommet at each of the 4 tips. Basically a thong slider, no mesh, just enough to hold the lines together. Slows the openings down enough for doing thousands of deep delays at the bridge with still exceptional heading performance.

Dadsy

Oct 8, 2020, 2:33 AM
Post #7 of 7 (293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] OSP vs OSP2 sub-teminal openings [In reply to] Can't Post

I have messaged Sean about that

Yeah it’s sometimes called an x slider. I have been using it for a couple years on stuff about as high as the bridge. It’s good for 2-3 sec delays. I use it cuz slider down is hard on my neck. It only works with spectra lines. With Dacron you still get sniveles and off heading openings like a normal short slider up delay. With spectra it still can open off heading and can snivel inconsistently. I dint jump cliffs too ouch with it but have a few times.

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media