Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
This one time
Premier Sponsor:

nvyzero

Sep 12, 2020, 2:08 AM
Post #1 of 1 (278 views)
Shortcut
This one time Can't Post

I think about this jump quite often as I only have 21 and been (insert here) for about a year with 5000 Skydive’s...

I’m drunk off a 6 pack of 16 oz buds or art cars maybe a few of both... I decide to go solo an Antenna I had jumped previously with friends... this would be my second time jumping it and my first solo/ stowed jump lucky number 13... I’ll post the story I wrote about it when I find that darn log book from the dollar general I write these things in sometime...

I got to about 420 ft which is the sweet spot because of the guide wires are at 280 you free fall and never have to worry about them again.... landing area okay, jumping over trees but nice dirt road off to the right...

So I’m on top of this thing thinking to myself it’s to windy to go handheld and I feel it’s safer for me to go stowed as I skydive a lot (read old stories and saw how much of a drastic step this can be, recently, mentors also made a point to tell me)

I’m at 420 ft for about an hr checking my duel pin rig and being able to touch both pins multiple times... I sure did get good at that... I was trying to shut up the damn voice in my head and I literally felt like I was on dmt, my vision went all crystallized, and things seem to be a little trippy! I jumped and I was ecstatic and realized that was number 13 as I’m walking out of this antenna by a highway... I chalked up the dmt feeling to a phenomena I can’t recall the technical term to, but it basically preps your brain for something that’s about to happen... In the article about this phenomenon I read people who have done drugs and about to get the drug they start to feel the drug before they take it

Has anyone else experienced this?

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media