Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
Descent profile: Flik vs Lynx
Premier Sponsor:

SketchySketchy

Jul 16, 2020, 8:38 AM
Post #1 of 6 (424 views)
Shortcut
Descent profile: Flik vs Lynx Can't Post

Hello. On the way out the door I forgot to grab my Summit/BJ280 rig, now my ex is being difficult and refusing to give me my stuff back.

I would like to do some SD jumping but my other set up is a Lynx 270 and I don't think it's the best for solid object jumping due to fast forward speed on opening and not quite so good ability to sink into a tight LZ. I'm not that experienced though.

There is a Flik 266 available that is almost within my budget. Can someone tell me how suitable it might be for more technical LZ's in SD object environment?

Because of Covid, I can't cross the border to head to the bridge to test fly a Flik.

Thanks.

Dadsy

Jul 16, 2020, 6:22 PM
Post #2 of 6 (382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SketchySketchy] Descent profile: Flik vs Lynx [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a FLik light, I find it a touch fast for urban, but depends on the loading you will be using it with

Colm

Jul 17, 2020, 10:13 PM
Post #3 of 6 (307 views)
Shortcut

I think the Flik 2 is a great all-around canopy, but specifically for your situation, I would hold off. Even more so, if it's an original Flik

Here's what you seem to be saying: you have a choice between a Lynx which you are (presumably) pretty familiar with, or another canopy which is marginally more appropriate -- at the appropriate wingloading -- but totally unfamiliar to you. However this one is smaller than either of your other canopies. And you decided against the Lynx, but I don't think the alternative sounds great for a "tight, technical" LZ, either. Even if it's maybe fine in the hands of a more experienced jumper.

So I would highly recommend a third option: hold out until you found a good deal on a BJ or OSP (or Outlaw, but I'm not personally familiar with it). Because it will be better for the purposes you specifically mentioned. And also it will complement your Lynx better.

MrAW

Jul 19, 2020, 2:37 AM
Post #4 of 6 (268 views)
Shortcut

My Fox is my preferred canopy for tight LZs, I love mine. Last I heard Apex were still producing them on request, even if it's not on their website.

TomAiello

Jul 22, 2020, 2:36 PM
Post #5 of 6 (189 views)
Shortcut

Is it a Flik 1 or a Flik 2?

SketchySketchy

Jul 22, 2020, 2:43 PM
Post #6 of 6 (184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Descent profile: Flik vs Lynx [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a Flik 1 Tom.

I solved the problem. Last night I agreed to purchase an OSP with zero jumps from a fellow SRBA alumnus up here in Canada.

Just need the border to the USA to open up allowing me to come to TF to set up the custom deep brakes.

Thanks all for the input.

John

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media