Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Rig up before or after climb?
Premier Sponsor:

RUN_FMX

May 28, 2020, 7:33 PM
Post #1 of 4 (455 views)
Shortcut
Rig up before or after climb? Can't Post

You’re climbing a 300ft A with a ladder and a fairly tight cage, and a platform at the top. Is the general consensus that it’s safest / smartest to:

a). Rig up on the ground to save time on the tower and probably to psychologically feel better about the climb

b) Leave your rig in your stash bag and rig up once you’re at the top, to avoid things like rubbing your pins on the cage or having a PC get caught on the climb, or something else I haven’t thought of.

Appreciate any thoughts

(This post was edited by RUN_FMX on May 28, 2020, 7:35 PM)

Dadsy

May 29, 2020, 6:28 AM
Post #2 of 4 (416 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RUN_FMX] Rig up before or after climb? [In reply to] Can't Post

If there is a nice area up top I will rig up up top

If you are in a cage I am not sure what you mean by psychologically feel better as if you fall, pitching isn't going to help

TomAiello

Jun 7, 2020, 8:20 PM
Post #3 of 4 (337 views)
Shortcut

Are you climbing alone, or do you have a friend (who can give you a gear check at the exit point)?

My preference is to gear up on the ground and then have a friend give me a gear check at the exit point.

I also prefer to have a cutaway system on my rig for antenna jumps. If I didn't have one I might prefer to gear up at the top.

nickgreen

Jun 8, 2020, 2:50 PM
Post #4 of 4 (293 views)
Shortcut

Gear up at the top and wear stash bag on your front when climbing the ladder with the cage around it

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media