Site anonymizing for Skyderby Flysignt track uploads
Premier Sponsor:

outrager
May 19, 2020, 8:37 AM
Post #1 of 4 (220 views)
Shortcut
Site anonymizing for Skyderby Flysignt track uploads Can't Post

If you were worried about uploading your Yosemite jumps on Skyderby:

Open your .CVS track from Flysight in Excel. Type any random number (like 12.34) in a free cell, Copy that cell (as in cut'n'paste, Ctrl-C), then select your Longitude column cells (not entire column, only non-empty cells!), click on Home, Paste Special, Add. Finally, delete your random number, and save your file.

You now have the same track shifted thousands of miles away by the random coordinates you've typed in, ready to upload on Skyderby or share elsewhere.

https://skyderby.ru/tracks/44259

Important note: if you also change Latitude coordinates, your distance flown will change accordingly, making the track useless. One more reason for a built-in anonymizer at Skyderby upgrade!

bsbd! Yuri.

(This post was edited by outrager on May 19, 2020, 10:42 AM)
Attachments: Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 7.20.05 PM.jpg (482 KB)
  Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 7.20.18 PM.jpg (418 KB)
  Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 7.20.33 PM.jpg (309 KB)

Colm

May 21, 2020, 9:32 AM
Post #2 of 4 (113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [outrager] Site anonymizing for Skyderby Flysignt track uploads [In reply to] Can't Post

A nice, easy solution. Thanks for sharing. Do you find, nowadays, that there is widespread concern about secrecy of exit points?

One shortcoming of this method is that your latitude obviously doesn't change, and that could be a big clue if it correlates with a well-known, illegal landmark. Especially if your flight path fits a recognizable pattern.

If anyone is concerned about this latitude being preserved, I made a spreadsheet several years ago that addresses it. You can put in any new starting latitude, longitude, and altitude, and the spreadsheet automatically calculates new waypoints at accurate distances and bearings. One thing I didn't bother to add was a "rotate" feature but that would be pretty simple if anyone were to ask for it.

PM me for a copy of the spreadsheet.

platypii

May 24, 2020, 7:01 PM
Post #3 of 4 (18 views)
Shortcut
Re: [outrager] Site anonymizing for Skyderby Flysignt track uploads [In reply to] Can't Post

Or use a site that's designed for BASE jumping and private by default.

outrager
May 25, 2020, 1:26 AM
Post #4 of 4 (5 views)
Shortcut
Re: [platypii] Site anonymizing for Skyderby Flysignt track uploads [In reply to] Can't Post

platypii wrote:
Or use a site that's designed for BASE jumping and private by default.

Dude, you missed the point entirely! I use Baseline on my phone to save laser profiles via Bluetooth, but that's all it's good for - and it gives those top secret coordinates to the site admin Angelic.

We are talking about public tracks & flight profiles functionality, that does not exist on Baseline:

https://skyderby.ru/tracks

https://skyderby.ru/...s/25/flight_profiles

When you want your tracks private (or just unlisted), you mark them as such on Skyderby - this is, unfortunately, what many if not most people do anyway Mad and this is what we're trying to change.

bsbd! Yuri.

(This post was edited by outrager on May 25, 2020, 1:37 AM)

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media