Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
BASE jumping during quarantine
Premier Sponsor:

May 17, 2020, 9:38 PM
Post #1 of 3 (627 views)
Shortcut
BASE jumping during quarantine Can't Post

Hey everybody.
It's been a few years since I posted on here. I'm happy to be back. I haven't BASE jumped in about a year a half but I'm itching for some now. A lot of you may not remember me. I live in Houston, Texas and have about 700 jumps. I've been jumping for almost 28 years.

Have you had more or less opportunity to jump since the coronavirus lock-downs started happening? Any tips or tricks?

TomAiello

May 18, 2020, 8:46 AM
Post #2 of 3 (578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [460] BASE jumping during quarantine [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

Lockdown ended May 1 here, so the trick for most of the west coast USA jumpers appears to be "head to Twin Falls". There are a ton of people jumping here now because they can't go into work and don't want to sit around at home.

The big thing I'd do is avoid getting hurt. Coronavirus cases are concentrated in hospitals and I'd personally prefer to avoid visiting one for a BASE injury at this point, and risk getting infected while my body is already weakened from an injury.

epibase

May 19, 2020, 5:52 AM
Post #3 of 3 (498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [460] BASE jumping during quarantine [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr 460,
I'm not sure about other areas, but downtown has become so empty that all I see are bored cops roaming around.
I was on a 450' rooftop recently but did not jump because of the heavy police presence. My guess is since they aren't as occupied with standard policing, it may be higher risk at least with urban jumps. As thing re-open that should ease back to normal, but it could be a while yet.

BTW the last jump I have with you in my logbook was a building on 10/11/2018

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media