Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
1st time in LB
Premier Sponsor:

jjmacc

Mar 7, 2020, 1:37 AM
Post #1 of 11 (934 views)
Shortcut
1st time in LB Can't Post

Hey guys, im looking at possibly going to LB for about a week end of may.
Its my first time there and im going with my wife, (non jumper).

Looking to do a few jumps while im there. Im mainly a SD/off jumper with a few SU (120/ 20)

Are there any maps available to find some exits? (yellow ocean, nose, via bridge etc) Ive got a onesie but probably won't jump it on this trip, unless I can get current on it before I go.

So im mainly looking at good exits for going slick, and exits that don't take hours and hours to get to (wife...).

Im not looking for a jump fest, and I don't mind a bit of a hike to the exits suited more to the intermediate jumper.

Ive asked a few people that have been for bits of advice, but thought why not get as much info as possible and use the forum!

Just asking for any tips/advice anyone can give. I know about the landing card, calling air glacier etc, is there anything else I should know about or do/get before I go?

Thanks for any help.

TomAiello

Mar 7, 2020, 10:54 AM
Post #2 of 11 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjmacc] 1st time in LB [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you looked over the SBA web site?

There's a list of exit points there, but I'm not sure about maps and such.

https://www.swissbaseassociation.org/exits

There should be plenty of people around at that time to hook up with, though, if you need someone to show you a couple exit points. The hard part will be finding someone who wants to go to the easier ones (like Dumpster) instead of just running laps on Ultimate (which I wouldn't recommend for your first trip there).

nickgreen

Mar 8, 2020, 12:18 PM
Post #3 of 11 (789 views)
Shortcut

You have to make a stupid face for your train/cable car pass photograph, it’s the law!!

jjmacc

Mar 8, 2020, 8:43 PM
Post #4 of 11 (751 views)
Shortcut
1st time in LB [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Tom, looked on the site they have good advice for exit grades (intermediate/ advanced etc) but nothing on location, I've heard they're fairly easy to find though, and will speak to other jumpers when I get there!

Ive been warned of the 'laps of ultimate' thing too, which is good because im only aiming for a couple of jumps a day so I don't mind going a bit further to the exits.

Nick, done haha.

MrAW

Mar 8, 2020, 9:17 PM
Post #5 of 11 (746 views)
Shortcut

Suggest taking a regular PF tracking suit if you can, with a few skydives on it it'll be a bit safer than going slick.

flooooooo

Mar 9, 2020, 4:36 AM
Post #6 of 11 (703 views)
Shortcut

- i strongly advice you not to go slick
- all the information about "difficulty" on the SBA website is with a modern tracksuit in mind.

i live in switzerland and jump in the valley a lot. you can contact me via pm for more info

jjmacc

Mar 9, 2020, 8:42 AM
Post #7 of 11 (668 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flooooooo] 1st time in LB [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply, I think I will definitely take a 2 piece then.
It seems a lot of the jumps are 1000' ish, so it makes sense.

I do fancy some SD jumps too through, SD freefall is still my favourite jumping!

As I said, hopefully I'll be in my onsie anyway but this just depends if I can get some more skydives on it before the trip.

Once I have dates confirmed I'll PM you with any other questions, thanks again.

flooooooo

Mar 9, 2020, 9:09 AM
Post #8 of 11 (665 views)
Shortcut

well, I also don't think its necessarily a great idea to jump with a one-piece with only limited terminal base experience, but that's your call ;)

hit me up when the time comes, I'm happy to help. Can't promise ill be there to take you around but I can always share information and maybe link you up with some other jumpers that go to appropriate exits. Wink

BigfcknG

Mar 11, 2020, 6:05 PM
Post #9 of 11 (442 views)
Shortcut

Find Anton Squeezer on the socials. He knows what's up.

Brutus

Mar 12, 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #10 of 11 (411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] 1st time in LB [In reply to] Can't Post

BigfcknG wrote:
Find Anton Squeezer on the socials. He knows what's up.

Laugh

jjmacc

Mar 12, 2020, 3:35 AM
Post #11 of 11 (394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] 1st time in LB [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah im meeting him there, the rest gave me wrong advice, he says to do laps of high ultimate to build up experience faster, and if I just take my WS straight away I'll be even further from the wall so it must be safer. nice guy.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media