Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Norway in April
Premier Sponsor:

Epps

Feb 25, 2020, 7:58 PM
Post #1 of 6 (638 views)
Shortcut
Norway in April Can't Post

I may be in Norway the first two weeks of April, is there anything terminal that will be jumpable (two piece tracking suit) that early in the year? Appreciate any input.

Heat

Feb 26, 2020, 8:35 AM
Post #2 of 6 (590 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Epps] Norway in April [In reply to] Can't Post

Where in Norway?

Epps

Feb 26, 2020, 10:24 AM
Post #3 of 6 (572 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Heat] Norway in April [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm flying in to Oslo but open to flying/driving from there if it means grabbing a few jumps. I'm assuming Kjerag isn't an option this early in the year, and I don't really know enough about sites in the rest of Norway to even have an idea where to start.

Heat

Feb 26, 2020, 11:42 AM
Post #4 of 6 (559 views)
Shortcut

Send the fine folks over at Stavanger BASE club an email, they might be organizing jumping there on the weekends. Maybe they are doing an easter boogie as well.

Gridset in Romsdalen gets jumped all year round. Loen has a gondola, but is not the best for a regular two piece. You can get a bunch of jumps in Loen and it gets jumped slick by some as well - but it's 250m vert wall (300m with a good push) into a bowl. It's not inexpensive though...

It's quite the drive both to Stavanger and Romsdalen, at least a good 7 hours one way to either of them.

Oslo has some low jumps.

PM me for more info on Romsdalen if you need it. There are other jumps becides Gridset, but they are a mission during the winter and requires fitness and mountain skills. They might be doable, they might not be doable when you visit. King Winter will decide thatWink

MrAW

Feb 27, 2020, 11:07 PM
Post #5 of 6 (447 views)
Shortcut

If you are on Facebook you can get updates on Kjerag hiking here:

https://www.facebook.com/...gtouristinformation/

Epps

Mar 16, 2020, 2:36 PM
Post #6 of 6 (229 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrAW] Norway in April [In reply to] Can't Post

Appreciate all the info guys, trip is unfortunately shut down now due to all the travel restrictions. Hope to make it out there later this summer though!

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media