Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Any Miami FL jumpers?
Premier Sponsor:

erickunkel09

Dec 7, 2019, 8:55 PM
Post #1 of 5 (907 views)
Shortcut
Any Miami FL jumpers? Can't Post

I've got a 22 hour layover in Miami for a night in January and am debating bringing my rig with me. Looks like a lot of 500'+ residential buildings just begging to be jumped. Any local jumpers care to meet up or any feedback from those that have jumped here before?

roostnureye

Dec 8, 2019, 1:49 PM
Post #2 of 5 (854 views)
Shortcut
Re: [erickunkel09] Any Miami FL jumpers? [In reply to] Can't Post

January is usually windy in florida, but you might get lucky.
Most of the base jumpers there skydive at sebastian. Im on the west coast, so no real help.

epibase

Dec 9, 2019, 9:06 AM
Post #3 of 5 (813 views)
Shortcut

i've jumped a couple residential B's there, but I had friends living in them at the time. (10 years ago). the ones I did required key fob to operate elevators as well as picking locks to get on roof. There may be something easier, but you would have to contact locals

tikiman

Dec 20, 2019, 11:39 AM
Post #4 of 5 (646 views)
Shortcut

Local Jumper... There are a few B's under construction 500'+ but Jan is hit or miss as Sept - Mar is our Windy season. If it was June-Aug I would say bring it but not Jan. especially if you only have a short window.

(This post was edited by tikiman on Dec 20, 2019, 11:39 AM)

erickunkel09

Dec 24, 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #5 of 5 (545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tikiman] Any Miami FL jumpers? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems like it might not be worth hauling the rig around with me based off wind and lock picking. I'll keep an eye on winds as the trip gets closer and decide. Happy Holidays and happy jumping!

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media