Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
Squirrel CORVID
Premier Sponsor:

 

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

DFR

May 9, 2019, 2:37 PM
Post #1 of 92 (4814 views)
Shortcut
Squirrel CORVID Can't Post

So I just got my Corvid and thought I'd post a few pictures of some features I'm really stoked on and initial thoughts.



-First this thing is feather light. Combined with a CXUL and IBEXul, this thing will be a weapon in those Eastern Sierra climb and fly's where every ounce matters. (EDIT: This thing is light because I ordered it in CloudlLte fabric which Squirrel's website says it will save about 500g. I will weigh it when I have access to s good scale!)

-Speaking of climb and fly's, once you get to the top, you need somewhere to stash all your gear. Not a problem here! With spandex pockets from my armpit to my toes that have a gear loop stitched down the center and with a bungee keeper (available on request NOT STOCK!), we can throw the rack in one suit and the rope double coiled in the other. I've used this setup on my AURA3 with a 35m rope and a half rack and the way it keeps the weight distribution around your ribs/chest, I don't notice much difference in flight besides the slightly lower exit due to higher wing-loading. This is a much better location for gear than between the legs like older designs/other suits.



-In addition to the side storage, the CORVID has the classic nutsack, good for a set of nuts, a stashbag, collapsed platypus bladder, microspikes (carefully placed!) or other small items.



-Like the COLUGO3, the CORVID has the inner leg pockets which seem to be perfect for trekking poles or a pair of climbing shoes and some extra layers. If you fill them up with gear and still have your poles left, you can always do the old trick of placing your polls tied on a pullup chord (carefully not to damage anything!!) inside you legwing between two ribs along your leg as a last resort.



-The phone pocket has been improved from the last two generations to be IMO the perfect combination of both, same style zippers as the first (makes access and camera use easier) but an added velcro strip to close off the pocket part making it just as secure as the version2.



-Finally the new Evolv TRAX rubber is sweet. I've gone out with my AURA3 (with the 5.10 rubber) and my COLUGO3 (with the Evolv TRAX rubber) pushing off every different surface I can find in different conditions (everything but snow) and find better traction with the Evolv TRAX.



I should be able to put my first jumps on it next week but based on what I've seen of it in Moab while jumping my AURA3 next to it, seen on video, heard from pilots flying at, and understanding some of the technical info and changes on this vs the other suits, I think this will be the ticket into increasing margin and safely jumping more exits in the Eastern Sierra.




(This post was edited by DFR on May 14, 2019, 12:45 AM)

Meat.Missile

May 9, 2019, 10:05 PM
Post #2 of 92 (4685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the write up. Can't wait to hear how it flies.

AntoineLaporte

May 10, 2019, 2:34 PM
Post #3 of 92 (4446 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

"this thing is feather light " ?
In terms of lbs or kg what does it means ?

"Combined with a CXUL"
Isn't it safer to wingsuit with a longer container like the Stream 2 ?

"With spandex pockets from my armpit to my toes"
Does that means that the suit is "looser" than the others suits ? If it is fitting the body you coudn't put anything in these pockets.

Last but not least, are you part of Squirrel team or just a normal customer ?

MrAW

May 10, 2019, 4:33 PM
Post #4 of 92 (4422 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the detailed review. :)

Meat.Missile

May 11, 2019, 1:54 PM
Post #5 of 92 (4296 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

AntoineLaporte wrote:
"this thing is feather light " ?
In terms of lbs or kg what does it means ?

"Combined with a CXUL"
Isn't it safer to wingsuit with a longer container like the Stream 2 ?

"With spandex pockets from my armpit to my toes"
Does that means that the suit is "looser" than the others suits ? If it is fitting the body you coudn't put anything in these pockets.

Last but not least, are you part of Squirrel team or just a normal customer ?

Concerning the material, this suit is made of what squirrel calls Cloud-light

"You chose Cloud-Lite material! This option is ONLY recommended for pilots who are obsessed with weight and pack volume.

Cloud-Lite suits are less durable than normal wingsuits. They are not for daily dropzone use, and we recommend this option only to BASE jumpers who are not putting hundreds of jumps per year on their suit, and who understand how to care for ultra-light materials.

The CL option yields approximately 500g savings for an average man’s size, and approximately 30% decrease in pack volume."

According to Squirrel the CRUXL is 400g lighter than the Stream 2. It comes down to personal preference.


(This post was edited by Meat.Missile on May 11, 2019, 1:55 PM)

DFR

May 11, 2019, 10:27 PM
Post #6 of 92 (4238 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

I will post weights once I have an accurate scale. The only thing I have access to right now is my shitty bathroom scale and I have to be standing on it along with the suit for it to register. When comparing it to my standard weight C3 it showed the C3 was 1.8 lb heavier and then when weights again 1.6 lb heavier. Considering Squirrel says it has 500g weight savings I'm sure my scale is off, so I will hold off on posting actual weights until I can give a real number.

I have jumped my stream and CRUX back to back on previous trips and barley noticed a difference between the two, I think they were 1.5 inches apart. My CRUX was about 2 inches longer than my Summit which I was jumping before with my wingsuit. I have never had an issue reaching my PC in either the stream or the CRUX (same with Summit although it was a little harder due to length, but still doable). I sold my Stream as I liked the way the CRUX packed better and replaced it with a lightweight CRUX which was about 250g lighter. I believe the Stream2 is a little wider and nicer to pack than the original, but for the jump I do I would rather have the lightweight advantage of the CRUXul and now the CXUL which I have on order. I also have a CRUX/HAYDUKE for slider down that I occasionally use for wingsuiting and it's nice to have my PC in the same spot on every rig.

I haven't jumped this suit yet so I cant officially say on fit but it has the same measurements as my A3 and I have the same pockets on my A3 and that suit fits fine. It is a little snug fully loaded but still flys great. When it is empty, it fits loose on the ground but as soon as it inflates it snugs up on me. I think the gear pushes against the inside cell of the suit taking up a bit of volume of that cell along with pushing against me so it feels great full, and when it's empty the cell expands out from the wing pressure snugging it up. I usually have gear with me and layers so I add a few cm on my chest and waist measurements on all my suits and they all feel a bit loose on the ground and I feel no difference in flight compared to suits I've borrowed that fit snugly on me.

I don't see how on the Squirrel team or not has relevance to some pictures of how much gear I can jam in my suit or little upgrades that I'm stoked on where they improved over previous suits.

bluhdow

May 12, 2019, 8:29 AM
Post #7 of 92 (4184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Just let it go Antoine. This account has a history of less-than-objective gear "reviews."

Here's a fun one:

http://www.basejumper.com/...ost=2996405;#2996405

For what it's worth, at least these "reviews" are obvious advertising.* I don't think anyone is being tricked into thinking they are objective.

I look forward to posting reviews about the entire Apex product line in the near future. Tongue

*Edited to correct that Dan paid full price for the canopy reviewed at the link above, and it is not "obvious advertising." Original text left in place for context.


(This post was edited by bluhdow on May 14, 2019, 10:48 AM)

DFR

May 12, 2019, 10:13 AM
Post #8 of 92 (4156 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluhdow] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Joe, maybe you should try a HAYDUKE before you make fun of my thoughts on it. You say this review's a fun one yet you haven't found a single thing that wasn't true in it. I've let friends jump my HAYDUKE who were very loyal to other brands and a few have now purchased one after flying it. I even have one friend who's been pretty much only Apex for about 12 years and just picked up a HAYDUKE.

It's funny though, when I switched from my Zak2 to the Summit and was stoked on it and telling everyone they should get one and showing the issues my Zak2 had that the Summit didn't, you had no problem with those reviews. Like when I posted about after jumping my Zak2 for a couple years and being disappointed in a few aspects of it (pin protection for wingsuiting, the way the top flap liked to crease in the middle exposing canopy, the fact that they forgot to hotknife the inside of the riser cover tuck tabs so after about 75 jumps they started to rip off more than half way from fraying, etc) and how the Summit was built better and packed cleaner and had much better pin protection for terminal but could also be folded back to leave everything completely free for low stuff. And that was after purchasing the container from you (for $1,371.10) and I'm sure you can verify that I don't and never have had any affiliation with Apex.

I've also posted good stuff on my Stream/OutlawLite and Aura3 (payed full price) and Crux/OutlawLite (payed full price).


But you're right, these reviews are "totally subjective" and lies Crazy My Zak3 didn't start falling apart, My Summit sucked, I don't regularly get 580-630' starts in my Aura3 in neutral conditions (https://baseline.ws/...83-9d19-1b45eb509df4), the HAYDUKE is a shit canopy and everyone who fly's it hates it, my suits fit loose because of gear storage which is why I'm bad at flying wingsuits, the CloudLite is actually heavier than the regular fabric, the new phone pocket design actually launches your phone out on opening (Squirrel partnered with Apple, it's all a big conspiracy), the new Evolv TRAX rubber is shit, and I photoshopped all that gear into the suit... Tongue

Feel free to start a new thread on this topic if you want, but your post seems to be off topic and have zero to do with the CORVID. Although if you see something I'm wrong about here in my post on the CORVID, by all means let me know!


(This post was edited by DFR on May 12, 2019, 6:07 PM)

bluhdow

May 12, 2019, 11:01 AM
Post #9 of 92 (4144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool.

TomAiello

May 12, 2019, 11:49 AM
Post #10 of 92 (4119 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluhdow] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

For the record, if anyone wants to demo the Hayduke or Flik II to make their own decisions, BASEgear.net (in which I have no financial interest) has demos of both canopies in Twin Falls. Pretty sure there are also Summits and Crux's for demo.

However, I don't think you can test out wing suit starts off the bridge. ;)


(This post was edited by TomAiello on May 12, 2019, 11:51 AM)

hjumper33
Moderator
May 12, 2019, 3:10 PM
Post #11 of 92 (4073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluhdow] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniel and Joe, this will serve as an official moderator warning that Brand wars should be more openly hateful and not so passive aggressive. The lack of name calling is inexcusable, and frankly inappropriate for this forum. Next time, take every positive thing someone says about their new gear, and make it a negative. Antoine’s post is a great example of this. Extremely well done. Both your moms say hi. ASYLUM4LIFE!

DFR

May 12, 2019, 4:59 PM
Post #12 of 92 (4059 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Haha sorry Charlie, I’ll try better next time Tongue Speaking of Asylum4lyfe, you should see my new container. Totally worth the wait!

Dadsy

May 13, 2019, 5:17 AM
Post #13 of 92 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that is the best post you have ever done Smile

AntoineLaporte

May 13, 2019, 5:58 AM
Post #14 of 92 (3947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

DFR wrote:
I will post weights once I have an accurate scale. The only thing I have access to right now is my shitty bathroom scale and I have to be standing on it along with the suit for it to register. When comparing it to my standard weight C3 it showed the C3 was 1.8 lb heavier and then when weights again 1.6 lb heavier. Considering Squirrel says it has 500g weight savings I'm sure my scale is off, so I will hold off on posting actual weights until I can give a real number.

I have jumped my stream and CRUX back to back on previous trips and barley noticed a difference between the two, I think they were 1.5 inches apart. My CRUX was about 2 inches longer than my Summit which I was jumping before with my wingsuit. I have never had an issue reaching my PC in either the stream or the CRUX (same with Summit although it was a little harder due to length, but still doable). I sold my Stream as I liked the way the CRUX packed better and replaced it with a lightweight CRUX which was about 250g lighter. I believe the Stream2 is a little wider and nicer to pack than the original, but for the jump I do I would rather have the lightweight advantage of the CRUXul and now the CXUL which I have on order. I also have a CRUX/HAYDUKE for slider down that I occasionally use for wingsuiting and it's nice to have my PC in the same spot on every rig.

I haven't jumped this suit yet so I cant officially say on fit but it has the same measurements as my A3 and I have the same pockets on my A3 and that suit fits fine. It is a little snug fully loaded but still flys great. When it is empty, it fits loose on the ground but as soon as it inflates it snugs up on me. I think the gear pushes against the inside cell of the suit taking up a bit of volume of that cell along with pushing against me so it feels great full, and when it's empty the cell expands out from the wing pressure snugging it up. I usually have gear with me and layers so I add a few cm on my chest and waist measurements on all my suits and they all feel a bit loose on the ground and I feel no difference in flight compared to suits I've borrowed that fit snugly on me.

I don't see how on the Squirrel team or not has relevance to some pictures of how much gear I can jam in my suit or little upgrades that I'm stoked on where they improved over previous suits.

Thanks for the weight precision, 500g on the suit is always nice. You did not told that it was a light version of the Corvid so I did not understood why you called it feather like, and I was trying to understand why the Corvid would be lighter than any other suit in the "normal" version.

Question was not which container you prefer but don't you think it's safer to have a longer one ?
PC in the same place if you do skydive and BASE will never happend, it's not a good argument for me. I have 15-20cm difference between my shorter and my longer container, never had any trouble finding my PC as I'm not jumping the shorter one with a wingsuit, and as I'm jumping wingsuit with a wingtip pouch.

I asked the question of the "loose" because I already heard a feedback about it and the as most people are now liking very tight suits they might be surprised by this.

You don't think that being part of the manufacturer team should be said, I do, and now it's said.
I would not buy a car/washing machine/3D printer/snowboard/whatever based on the feedback of a team/sponsored athlete, but I will read his review for sure, like yours.
I've noticed that there is not a "not good" point in that kind of review, and there are always some from a normal buyer. Some of these not good points will make the difference for some people, and will not change anything for others.
This is not about brand war, Squirrel products are mostly very good, it's about honest reviews. I'm asking the same questions to the same kind of reviews from other brands.

TomAiello

May 13, 2019, 7:58 AM
Post #15 of 92 (3917 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

DFR wrote:
Haha sorry Charlie, I’ll try better next time Tongue Speaking of Asylum4lyfe, you should see my new container. Totally worth the wait!

How long did you have to wait?

The last Asylum container order we had, we ended up cancelling the order after 26 (!) months of waiting. We basically can't do any Asylum custom orders any more because of the crazy wait times. I just can't in good conscience recommend that a new jumper place an order for their first container, knowing that it will take more than two years to receive it.


(This post was edited by TomAiello on May 13, 2019, 8:06 AM)

bluhdow

May 13, 2019, 9:34 AM
Post #16 of 92 (3889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

DFR wrote:
Although if you see something I'm wrong about here in my post on the CORVID, by all means let me know!

If you have a relationship with a manufacturer, or received equipment for anything less than full retail price, that should be disclosed in the "review." If not I would consider the post to be a bit disingenuous. I would expect the same from any person representing any business in any industry.

Other than that, I'm happy for you and all of your CAPSLOCK setups. Rock on bud! Tongue

Fall0ut

May 13, 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #17 of 92 (3847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

So, back to to topic.. did you jump it now? How does it fly compared to Aura, C3 or Freak?

DFR

May 13, 2019, 12:33 PM
Post #18 of 92 (3843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:
How long did you have to wait?

Just about a year although I’m probably not a great example for current lead times since I asked if we could get a piece of super-custom fabric from Squirrel for it, so after placing the original order it was a few weeks for Taz to design it, and since I told Squirrel I wasn’t in a rush it took a couple months for the fabric to get to Marty so they could finish some more pressing orders for people who needed them for their summer trips.

It was 6 months from when Marty received the fabric to when I picked up the finished rig and I probably could have had it a bit sooner but he let me borrow a container before turkey boogie so I told him no rush if he had other people waiting on their first rig to do those first.

TomAiello

May 13, 2019, 12:46 PM
Post #19 of 92 (3839 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

You're saying a year delivery time was _slow_ in your opinion?

I honestly can't remember the lasts time I saw an Asylum rig delivered that fast. Maybe 10 years ago? The delivery times we've seen in the even close to recent past have been over a year. The last one that we actually delivered to a customer (not the one that was cancelled out past 2 years) was still well over a year.

Weird. It sounds like you're getting a much higher level of service than you appreciate.


(This post was edited by TomAiello on May 13, 2019, 12:46 PM)

DFR

May 13, 2019, 1:13 PM
Post #20 of 92 (3825 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, just checked my email records, it was 15 months from when I originally filled out the paper work. Regardless I agree that it is faster than previous years have been. And I very much appreciate it. I know someone else who recently ordered and got a rig from Marty, I think it was just over a year as well. My point was at this time it may be less of a wait than a few years ago. Would be worth a call to Marty if you’re considering a rig.

DFR

May 13, 2019, 1:58 PM
Post #21 of 92 (3813 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Fall0ut] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, would be great to get back and stay back on topic.

I am hoping to put s few jumps on it this weekend if the rain holds off. Right now it looks semi promising. I only have a few skydives and one BASE jump on the C3 so I won’t have the best comparison on that but I’ll be able to give a brief description and then I’ll see what the main differences feel between it and the A3. If you’re curious, the one BASE jump I did on the C3 was back to back with my A3 from the same exit (Via) in the same conditions about 45 minutes apart with the same technique and flight plan. It’s only a one jump comparison but I could post the two flysight tracks over each other. The rear shots look about the same between the two so it does seem to be accurate for the difference in starts they are capable of.

AntoineLaporte

May 13, 2019, 3:18 PM
Post #22 of 92 (3788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

DFR wrote:
but I could post the two flysight tracks over each other.

Completly off topic I would like to see the files from your FlySight in the Lauterbrunnen valley and also the manufactiring date of it as they change the GPS chip not long ago.
It is not about suit performances but about FlySight performances in the valley, only 10 in-flight lines are needed if you don't want to provide the full file.
Thank you

DFR

May 13, 2019, 4:05 PM
Post #23 of 92 (3778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Sure, when I get home from work I will post the full files to both along with responding to your previous post.

DFR

May 13, 2019, 7:36 PM
Post #24 of 92 (3748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are the tracks. Looking at it now, I pushed with a medium/strong push and then once inflated started to dive. It looks like the C3 was a bit more dive happy or sunk a little more but they had similar starts.

C3: https://baseline.ws/...49-9b0f-dc8481cac54a

A3: https://baseline.ws/...4a-803a-641bd97bf6d0
Attachments: Colugo3Via.csv (96.3 KB)
  Aura3Via.csv (90.2 KB)

DFR

May 13, 2019, 8:25 PM
Post #25 of 92 (3740 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Squirrel CORVID [In reply to] Can't Post

AntoineLaporte wrote:
Thanks for the weight precision, 500g on the suit is always nice. You did not told that it was a light version of the Corvid so I did not understood why you called it feather like, and I was trying to understand why the Corvid would be lighter than any other suit in the "normal" version.

My bad, I should have included that in the original post, I will edit it to include the part about the CloudLite.

AntoineLaporte wrote:
Question was not which container you prefer but don't you think it's safer to have a longer one ?
PC in the same place if you do skydive and BASE will never happend, it's not a good argument for me. I have 15-20cm difference between my shorter and my longer container, never had any trouble finding my PC as I'm not jumping the shorter one with a wingsuit, and as I'm jumping wingsuit with a wingtip pouch.

In terms of the Stream2 vs CRUX, the difference is minimal and they are both designed around wingsuiting in terms of length, fit, and BOC placement. The main difference is the pinflap, the Stream has the most secure protection I've seen on any rig, great for backflying and any direction of windflow except for from the bottom up. That makes it less ideal for slider down and the fact that the bottom of the container extends past the laterals gives a snag hazard for you bridle on a mistimed pitch on aerials. The CRUX has a more standard pin flap design, similar to the Profile, LD4, and other wingsuit friendly rigs. It has flaps on the laterals that go to the bottom of the container to prevent that bridle snag hazard and the more "standard pin-flap is better for subterminal. But the lengths are nearly identical and they are both designed to be wingsuit friendly. Because the PC is in the natural position for me to reach back to while wingsuiting and doesn't require me to bend my arm much at all, but also isn't so far down that it feels almost a stretch to reach, I would not say that it is less safe to jump than a Stream.

AntoineLaporte wrote:
I asked the question of the "loose" because I already heard a feedback about it and the as most people are now liking very tight suits they might be surprised by this.

Maybe I'm just used to the looser fit but I have nor issues with it. I have jumped other peoples suits at the DZ that were tighter and didn't notice much of a difference. Were these people mentioning they like the very tight suits flying Squirrel or another brand? I have flown a few suits from other manufactures where I did prefer the tighter fit. It may have been because they had slightly lower internal pressure so once inflated it didn't feel as ridged or as snugged up making me feel looser in it? I think different manufactures fly differently and need to fit differently and be flown differently. Also if you always have a tight suit you might be really used to it and need to change your flying style for a looser fit. I am pretty skinny for my height so most used suits I've bought have been built for someone heavier than me to fit my height and been looser, and for new suits I order, I have always needed to fit layers and gear in my suit so they are on the looser side as well.

AntoineLaporte wrote:
You don't think that being part of the manufacturer team should be said, I do, and now it's said.
I would not buy a car/washing machine/3D printer/snowboard/whatever based on the feedback of a team/sponsored athlete, but I will read his review for sure, like yours.
I've noticed that there is not a "not good" point in that kind of review, and there are always some from a normal buyer. Some of these not good points will make the difference for some people, and will not change anything for others.
This is not about brand war, Squirrel products are mostly very good, it's about honest reviews. I'm asking the same questions to the same kind of reviews from other brands.

Fair enough. Well I am not on the Squirrel team nor have they ever paid me to post anything on here or say good stuff about their gear (Joe). The majority of my suits, canopies, and containers have been full price from them. They have occasionally helped me out with price on a few pieces of gear for specific projects that we were both excited on. But you can check their website (or email them to ask) but I am not on the team.

I'll leave this part mainly to Joe:

I've ordered and owned brand new containers from Adrenalin, Apex, Asylum, and Squirrel. Same with canopies from Atair and Squirrel (flown canopies from a few others too). And accessories from Adrenalin, Apex, Asylum, Squirrel, Badseed, and Blacksheep. I like to nerd out on gear and try a bunch of different options. I usually share my opinions on gear with friends and post things about them. The only threads I've started on here have been on the Aura3, Hayduke and the Corvid because there weren't threads on them yet. Joe makes fun of my comments on the Hayduke calling it clearly advertising (it's not) yet he's never flown a Hayduke and nothing I said in there is false. I am really stoked on that canopy. Before getting it, I had my Outlawlite and my OSP. I didn't want to sell the OSP while only having the Outlaw because the Outlaw didn't do everything I needed for all of BASE. It was a little better in a total stall than the OSP and had a very fast recovery arc and was great for really technical LZ's but the OSP had a bit stronger of a flare and a bit better of glide. So I kept both until I found something that I liked more. You can read my post on it (Joe linked it somewhere up there) but I was getting the same feeling in deep brakes on both the OSP and the Hayduke which was amazing! and I don't think anyone will argue that the Hayduke doesn't have more flare or glide than the OSP (it is very similar to the Vision).

So that post was me buying a new canopy, realizing it does everything the OSP did that my Outlaw didn't, but also much more which made it my favorite canopy that I've owned (which is why I sold my others and replaced them with Haydukes) and I wanted to let people know my experience with it since I hadn't seen anything else posted. As Tom said above, all those canopies are available in Twin Falls to demo, so you should probably go try them before buying. I also think it's pretty normal for a customer/friend of a company (or even a sponsored team athlete which I'm not) to post things they like about their gear. I think it is kind of awkward and reflects poorly when a representative of/ another company feels the need to comment on and try to discredit all those posts. Especially when they don't even relate to a class of product that company competes with. Each to their own, I guess...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media