Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Lodi prices going up...
Premier Sponsor:

DFR

Apr 24, 2019, 4:55 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Lodi prices going up... Can't Post

Figured since a lot of jumpers like to rack up jumps with the $5 hop n pops and $15 to 13k you guys might be interested in this:

In reply to:
The following is an updated price list for the Parachute Center, effective May 1, 2019:

-Tandem Skydiving: $150

-Jump Tickets for Experienced Skydivers

-13,000 feet: $25

- 3,000 feet: $10

-Gear Rental (per jump): $50
Includes all necessary gear and jump ticket to 13,000 feet.

We will be honoring all previously purchased jump tickets. Jump tickets can be purchased at the current prices up to and until the close of business on April 30, 2019.

New prices will be in effect upon the start of business, Wednesday, May 1, 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/...ts/2183340645035996/

You can buy tickets before May 1st but after that there will be no more cheap jumps...

Seems like the end of an era Unsure

erickunkel09

Apr 24, 2019, 9:29 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Lodi prices going up... [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a bummer. Frown I can understand the increases from a business perspective, but I feel like it will end up losing money in the big picture. I know I personally jump at Lodi solely because of the price. If i'm going to pay the same rate as other DZs I will most definitely start venturing out. It was a good run, and all good things must come to an end. Whether I agree with it or not Bill has been a staple in the sport for longer than a lot of us have been alive and he deserves to do whatever the F@$% he wants to do with his business so kudos to him for that and I appreciate all the jumps at a killer price. When it all boils down we've just gotten spoiled with paying dirt cheap prices for far too long. Looking forward to meeting new faces and exploring new DZs in the not so distant future.

eUrNiCc

Apr 25, 2019, 6:33 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1476 views)
Shortcut
Re: [erickunkel09] Lodi prices going up... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm curious what the future of Lodi will look like with $25 jumps.

I've been going there for years on tues-wed when all of the other local DZ's are closed, and there were always enough jumpers to fly a couple otter loads. I doubt that there will be 30 jumpers there on a Tuesday with $25 jumps.

I also wonder if the prices for tandems in NorCal will start to go up. The prices at the surrounding DZ's have been some of the lowest in the USA just to compete with Lodi's crazy cheap $100 tandems.

hjumper33
Apr 26, 2019, 8:10 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1383 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Lodi prices going up... [In reply to] Can't Post

I’m sure people will by enough tickets in the next week to keep things pretty strong into fall, but after that who knows. Maybe this is bill starting to cash out.

I’ll always remember my first trip there in 2005. Walked up the the counter and asked for a waiver to fill out. Bill replied “we don’t do waivers here, we do Skydive’s”. I also did a survey for a school project there probably 10 years ago. Bill filled out his numbers of jumps as 38,000.

LukeCrouch

Apr 28, 2019, 4:06 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Lodi prices going up... [In reply to] Can't Post

hjumper33 wrote:

I’ll always remember my first trip there in 2005. Walked up the the counter and asked for a waiver to fill out. Bill replied “we don’t do waivers here, we do Skydive’s”.

I remember going to the desk telling them its my first time here and asking for a waiver.
Bill asked me if I can fall stable or do "flippy shit in the air". I tell him I know how to fly on my belly and next thing he points to the runway and says: this is your load!
The plane was already starting up the engine, all jumpers boarding the plane and I havent even unpacked my gear yet. I barely made it jumping onto the already moving plane with loose straps and everything.

unclecharlie95

Apr 28, 2019, 4:35 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1217 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LukeCrouch] Lodi prices going up... [In reply to] Can't Post

A few years back before the first Red Bull Aces there was a bunch of the pilots practicing at Lodi.

Fred and Vince arrived and came into the hangar asking what they needed to do to jump. We pointed them towards the manifest and they went over to see Bill.

Bill started asking them questions about their experience and wanted to see their log books and documents. He followed them towards the door as they went to get their stuff from the car giving us a wink and sly smile as he passed Sly

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media