Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me
Premier Sponsor:

YTl-0G

Mar 28, 2019, 1:36 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1894 views)
Shortcut
The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me Can't Post

3 September, 2015 I signed the agreement with the media-company iLoveSkydiving.org (TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC.) on transfer of the rights in media-content Friday Freakout: Super Sketchy Zipline BASE Jump, Almost Loses Fingers! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F723rIlW_No”.
In return iLoveSkydiving.org agreed to pay me the percentage of every deal with other companies concerning the using and posting the video in different Internet resources and of the views on YouTube also. This agreement has unlimited duration. One year later, 15 May, 2016 I finally got my first fee. It took some real persistence on my part. Andrew Revesz - Director iLoveSkydiving.org (TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC.) ignored my e-mails. And only after my warning that I would post by the online sources the information about this situation Andrew Revesz got in touch. We discussed the problem in Skype. Andrew Revesz apologized for the inconvenience and promised shortly to pay fee. The matter was resolved in a few days. Andrew Revesz transferred 501.01 $ by PAYPAL. For that moment the number of video views on YouTube was about 950 000.

28 July, 2016 we concluded agreement again (on the same video). The reason was the re-branding of the company: iLoveSkydiving.org was renamed TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC.

Seeing the increase of the views on YouTube from time to time I reminded Andrew Revesz about myself, but each time there was no money for me.

So it's been three years since the signing of the agreement. Now the number of video views on YouTube is 15 326 886. Andrew Revesz has reached a new stage of negotiation – he just ignores my e-mails. The screenshot of my PAYPAL account shows that 501.01 $ in 2016 was the first and the last fee from Andrew Revesz.

I'm tired of the bald-faced lies of the TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) and of the endless waiting also. The fraud of the TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) is irrefutable.

This post is the warning for anybody who wants to conclude a similar agreement.

Don’t do it under any circumstance. My advice is to have nothing to do with Andrew Revesz and TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) to avoid unpleasant situations.

Please share this post. Let everyone know about the swindle of the TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org).

#jointheteem #iloveskydiving #fridayfreakout #mediacrime
Attachments: 1.jpg (148 KB)
  2.jpg (257 KB)
  3.jpg (125 KB)
  4.png (647 KB)
  5.png (143 KB)

wasatchrider

Mar 29, 2019, 8:36 AM
Post #2 of 16 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YTl-0G] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

you are doing better than me they just stole one of my videos and put it on their site I haven't ever checked the views but these guys are sketchy at best

Bryguy1224

Mar 29, 2019, 2:19 PM
Post #3 of 16 (1720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wasatchrider] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

Stole my stuff too. I hope they fucking go in!!

Ody

TomAiello

Mar 29, 2019, 5:04 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YTl-0G] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any way you can post your agreement with him? How much should you have gotten (per view or total)?

I'd be interested to read the full text of the agreement.

Heat

Mar 30, 2019, 8:54 AM
Post #5 of 16 (1583 views)
Shortcut

Did you report them to youtube? There must be some way to get them involved. That should hit them hard.

Colm

Mar 30, 2019, 9:57 AM
Post #6 of 16 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Re: The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

The website jointheteem.com is hosted by easyDNS. You can try emailing abuse@easydns.com and report copyright infringement on one of the sites they host.
Tell them you've tried to reach out to the content creator but they are not responding. They may or may not care, but it doesn't cost you anything...

https://easydns.com/terms-of-service/
http://jointheteem.com.websiteoutlook.com/

I've had media stolen by for-profit sites, too. It's shitty.

Edit to add: post on reddit, 4chan, twitter, facebook, anywhere else you think can get their attention, too. Fuck those guys.

(This post was edited by Colm on Mar 30, 2019, 10:00 AM)

base570

Mar 31, 2019, 12:10 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:
Is there any way you can post your agreement with him? How much should you have gotten (per view or total)?

I'd be interested to read the full text of the agreement.

This is key. Most people willingly give away almost all their rights for nothing because they never negotiate or even read the contracts they enter into.

Personally I have little, if any, sympathy for those who get ripped off by media companies. What did you expect? An equal partner to boost your ego and your bank account? You're naive if you think you will get fair compensation and famous by signing a standard agreement and not negotiating a contract with a company that is in the business of exploiting jumpers.

MontBlanc

Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 PM
Post #8 of 16 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base570] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

base570 wrote:
This is key. Most people willingly give away almost all their rights for nothing because they never negotiate or even read the contracts they enter into.
Personally I have little, if any, sympathy for those who get ripped off by media companies. What did you expect? An equal partner to boost your ego and your bank account? You're naive if you think you will get fair compensation and famous by signing a standard agreement and not negotiating a contract with a company that is in the business of exploiting jumpers.
Exactly !
You give away your rights on a video they gonna use against the sport, just to make money. Look at the title : "Friday Freakout: Super Sketchy Zipline BASE Jump, Almost Loses Fingers!" CLICKBAIT !

When you do a video like this, the only good thing to do is to keep it on your computer and show it to your friends. The last thing to do is trying to make money with because it will end with a bad view on the sport, the jumpers and the community in general.

I too have any sympathy for those who get ripped off by media companies. you sell our sport for peanuts, so getting screwed is the minimum !
Unsure

Colm

Mar 31, 2019, 10:38 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base570] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

edit: Ok I forgot my geritol this morning and wrote a bitchy reply calling you & MontBlanch out for being a jerk to the OP, but whatever. I just don't understand why you need to try and make him feel even more upset in order to make yourself feel better somehow...

(This post was edited by Colm on Mar 31, 2019, 10:54 PM)

MontBlanc

Apr 1, 2019, 12:34 AM
Post #10 of 16 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Colm] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

Colm wrote:
edit: Ok I forgot my geritol this morning and wrote a bitchy reply calling you & MontBlanch out for being a jerk to the OP, but whatever. I just don't understand why you need to try and make him feel even more upset in order to make yourself feel better somehow...
So, saying that making money with sketchy BASE video & Clickbaits title supported by trashy youtube channels and media company is not cool is being a jerk, but complaining about being screwed doing all of that isn't ...
Crazy

YTl-0G

Apr 1, 2019, 12:28 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1195 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't send agreement, because of agreement conditions. Now I try to find a lawyer for solving this problem.

TomAiello

Apr 1, 2019, 1:35 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1170 views)
Shortcut

It definitely sounds like hiring a lawyer is the best way for you to go. Good luck with it.

Colm

Apr 2, 2019, 10:17 AM
Post #13 of 16 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MontBlanc] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe it's not what you were trying to say, but how you said it. You didn't say, "sorry to hear you got screwed dude, thanks for the warning not to do business with this sketchy company." You came across saying, "LOL no sympathy you dumbass, shoulda known better, GFY!"

That's why you came across as a jerk. Maybe it's cultural or a language barrier, that's understandable. But no, not all media companies are scoundrels unlike what you seem to assume. Maybe we should be thanking him for warning the rest of us not to do business with these guys, not shitting on him. Unimpressed

base570

Apr 2, 2019, 12:04 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Colm] The story about the way which the media-company TEEM MEDIA HOUSE, INC. (iLoveSkydiving.org) tricked me [In reply to] Can't Post

Colm wrote:

This guy does something stupid and most likely illegal and wants to get paid by spreading it around the internet making all BASE jumpers look like fools and I'm the jerk? Seriously? I'm telling him the truth about contracts and life and why he might not be making the big money he's seeking. The truth doesn't care about hurting his feelings.

I could have said this, which is closer to being a jerk (but still the truth)....If we reward stupidity then all we will get is more stupidity in this sport and throughout the world.

Let's look at just a few of the things he's done wrong here that make BASE jumpers look like idiots who do zero planning and could care less about safety.

- Not wearing heavy leather gloves
- Continually putting his hands in front of his sliding attachment point.
- abandoning his cheap rubber gloves that get caught in his attachment point
- allowing himself to get to a speed that is uncontrollable
- putting his ungloved hand on the cable to attempt to slow himself down. Even putting his hand IN FRONT of the sliding attachment point!
- Ramming full speed into 2 cables or ropes hanging from the main cable
- Not having a cutaway system in case shit hits the fan
- Litters by dropping his makeshift chair into the valley below
- Damages the farmers crops by crashing into the field when there are other LZ's around to land.

These are just a few of the things that are dumb in this video and you want us to feel sorry for him cause he's not making money off of it? Really?
Crazy

(This post was edited by base570 on Apr 2, 2019, 12:05 PM)

Colm

Apr 2, 2019, 2:48 PM
Post #15 of 16 (980 views)
Shortcut

It's not about whether his jump was smart or stupid. You said nothing worthwhile about breach of his contract, or the company stealing media from other jumper(s) too, except to piss on them. If you're just trying to say, "hey people, read your contracts carefully" then you have a great point.

I don't care if you feel sorry for him or not, or if he makes money off it. But I do like knowing which companies honor their contracts or not. No victims are going to speak up if people go out of their way to be dicks to them. Some people (a lot near me, actually) do make a legit income from licensing media.

And "Stupid?" "Illegal?" Sounds like half of all base jumps, I bet it was fun as hell too. Start your own thread, if you want to critique his technique.

(This post was edited by Colm on Apr 2, 2019, 2:53 PM)

YTl-0G

Apr 3, 2019, 7:35 AM
Post #16 of 16 (874 views)
Shortcut

Guys, enough argue. Wink You are right both. I did few stupid mistakes when I jumped there and after, when I signed that agreement. I warned the others that no one would make such mistakes in the future. Smile

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media