Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
Bridle routing
Premier Sponsor:

Jorah86

Mar 9, 2019, 4:10 PM
Post #1 of 3 (2838 views)
Shortcut
Bridle routing Can't Post

I’ve been routing my bridle to come from the middle on my apex DP for about 100 jumps. After looking at a friends bridle routing for his apex summit during gear checks I noticed that my method could potentially be causing hesitation.

I’m curious to insight on how other people route their bridle

TomAiello

Mar 9, 2019, 8:26 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jorah86] Bridle routing [In reply to] Can't Post

Jorah86 wrote:
I’ve been routing my bridle to come from the middle on my apex DP for about 100 jumps. After looking at a friends bridle routing for his apex summit during gear checks I noticed that my method could potentially be causing hesitation.

I’m curious to insight on how other people route their bridle

Can you explain how it can cause a hesitation?

I route out the middle for slider up jumps on almost all my gear. I'm curious what you discovered that can cause hesitation.

Thanks!

bluhdow

Mar 10, 2019, 10:23 AM
Post #3 of 3 (2735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jorah86] Bridle routing [In reply to] Can't Post

Apex BASE recommends routing the bridle out of the top for the DP.

In general, we prefer routing out of the center. Routing out of the center is recommended on the TL and Summit containers.

We recommend routing out of the top on the DP because when routing out of the center on the DP you're tucking the pin protector flap on top of the bridle, creating an interaction between the PPF and bridle that is avoided when routing out of the top.

That said, a lot of people have been using the center routing on the DP for a long time with no issues. Personally, on my DP I was routing out of the top for slider-off and out of the center for terminal (for better bridle protection at high air speeds).

If you're concerned about hesitations on a slider-off jump, simply jump without closing the PPF and there should be no difference regardless of the routing.

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media