Shortcut
smooth Can't Post

https://www.660citynews.com/2018/12/27/humber-bay-shores-jumper/

baselaw

Dec 27, 2018, 4:25 PM
Post #2 of 19 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [smak] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like a sick jump. But why would they post that publicly?

Shafty

Dec 27, 2018, 5:05 PM
Post #3 of 19 (2449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baselaw] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a sad state here...there are a handful of jumpers that don't seem to have any respect for our local objects. It's the new generation of "Hey everyone...look at me...look how cool I am!" Attitude and fuck all the old school jumpers that have worked hard at keeping local objects open.

I just don't get this mentality...and trying to speak logic seems to fall of deaf ears

Zebu

Dec 27, 2018, 7:44 PM
Post #4 of 19 (2398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shafty] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

Dang :( When it starts making the news, as most all dayblazing builds will, new security measures and even laws get put into place.

See - Jeb Corliss and NY when they made it illegal to jump off any building over 50ft in height. Then if you're trespassing with intent to commit a crime, it makes it burgalry. Thankfully those WTC tower jumpers got off

doinker

Dec 27, 2018, 8:34 PM
Post #5 of 19 (2385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zebu] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure about that, this is the second time this particular object made the news, they still leave the gate open, and to clarify how the news got it, it was posted to his account, then a more popular account shared it, then the news picked it up and was going to air it so he decided to do the interview. Also in response to the "new school" vs "old school" im pretty sure it was the old school jumpers that got places like yosemite shut down. Doesnt matter what era we are in there are always asshole jumpers.

DFR

Dec 27, 2018, 10:48 PM
Post #6 of 19 (2356 views)
Shortcut
Re: [doinker] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

Yosemite jumping was designed to be shit down... one of the rangers at the time even admitted the system they set up to allow it was meant to be unsustainable. Not that what those jumpers did helped keep things legal but even if they played mostly by the fairly unreasonable rules, it would have been outlawed soon enough.

try2live

Dec 28, 2018, 1:36 PM
Post #7 of 19 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the people of Canada need to learn to land in the dark...

(This post was edited by try2live on Dec 29, 2018, 10:31 PM)

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2018, 7:06 AM
Post #8 of 19 (2092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shafty] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

why dont you guys start kicking some ass up there? Its a snall community i would imagine, shouldn't be too tough to find.

doinker

Dec 29, 2018, 10:05 PM
Post #9 of 19 (1985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [try2live] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like the ppl of snake river base need to learn that floating pins and lighting peoples canopies on fire is a bad idea, but hey who am i to judge im not an "athlete" such as yourself

try2live

Dec 29, 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #10 of 19 (1979 views)
Shortcut

So we can most likely assume it was you in both videos? Donít take offense to the whole landing in the dark thing. Iím sure youíll figure it out without any direction. Thereís plenty of skydiving videos you can watch on YouTube.

doinker

Dec 29, 2018, 10:44 PM
Post #11 of 19 (1973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [try2live] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

ive jumped the object several times but unfortunately wasnt there when either of those particular videos were shot

TomAiello

Dec 30, 2018, 2:12 AM
Post #12 of 19 (1936 views)
Shortcut

Wow, Evan, hostile much?

Where the heck did that come from?

doinker

Dec 30, 2018, 10:53 AM
Post #13 of 19 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

your instructor Jonathan Peters (try2live) who has since removed his affiliation with your company from his tagline and profile talked shit about Canadian jumpers and i responded. This would be much easier to follow if he would stop editing and deleting his posts.

TomAiello

Dec 30, 2018, 11:04 AM
Post #14 of 19 (1838 views)
Shortcut

I would think that you, Evan Dickinson, of all people, wouldn't think it was very cool to start bringing up people's dead friends (or relatives). And I'd expect that you would have at least a bit of respect for jumpers who made out-of-the-box decisions or attempted super difficult jumps that resulted in their death.

Personally, I think that slinging trash about deceased jumpers who attempted cutting edge jumps is pretty lame. I guess you get to make your own decisions about things like that though.

(This post was edited by TomAiello on Jan 3, 2019, 1:03 AM)

epibase

Dec 31, 2018, 8:30 AM
Post #15 of 19 (1698 views)
Shortcut

hmm, you seem like a dick.

he 'talked shit' mostly cause your dayblazin jumper friend(s) got caught after uploading illegal jump videos to the internet.
that's pretty stupid, right along with your cruel insensitive reply.

-Lane

surfers98

Jan 1, 2019, 8:06 PM
Post #16 of 19 (1341 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by surfers98 [In reply to]

smak

Jan 2, 2019, 10:08 AM
Post #17 of 19 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surfers98] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

time to break my silence on this.

you've got evans number.. grade-a douche nozzle.

he was pretty quiet early on and then showed up at bridge day one year with new "nihilism" tattoo's all over and people just started to assume he had a personality I guess.

I really dont know what the reason you had your shirt off at the bar there was evan, maybe you were hoping for the holiday lodge hottub that year to show off your ink but it was the one year we didnt hold the event in oak hill.

few years later evans brother shows up and started jumping, valdalized a gondola for a jump and leaked that video too.. but fled the country to avoid the consequences due to heat generated.

not surprising he defends this video too.

after some notariety evans brother went in and evan did a video interview on a major candian tv network about it.

i've been in the scene over a decade now and avoided even minor injury despite jumping slick and unarmored, yet am still labelled the sketchy jumper.

which is cool, i'm glad to avoid the clowns and carnage that is the toronto scene. but it'd be nice if you'd avoid bruning the entire city in one fell swoop.

RolandForbes

Jan 2, 2019, 2:12 PM
Post #18 of 19 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Literally just monkeys throwing shit at each other

(This post was edited by RolandForbes on Jan 2, 2019, 9:58 PM)

TomAiello

Jan 3, 2019, 1:37 AM
Post #19 of 19 (1015 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] smooth [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's try to keep this mostly civil, please. I'd prefer to avoid straight out name calling--things like "douche nozzle" and "dick" don't really add anything useful here.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media