Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
C3 vs A3
Premier Sponsor:

alygator

Nov 11, 2018, 2:36 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1599 views)
Shortcut
C3 vs A3 Can't Post

I would like to know from people who flew both the difference between these two. I can presume better start and glide for a3 and better speed and handling for the c3, but it would be better to have people reviews. Thanks

(This post was edited by alygator on Nov 12, 2018, 7:16 AM)

wasatchrider

Nov 12, 2018, 2:57 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alygator] C3 vs A3 [In reply to] Can't Post

alygator wrote:
I would like to know from people who flew both the difference between these two. I can presume better start and glide for a3 and better speed and handling for the c3, but it would be better to have people reviews. Thanks

not a lot of people that are not squirrel people have two different new suits, at least people I know. I have a c3 and love it there is nothing I would jump that the c3 wouldn't be able to do and an A3 would. depends on what your jumping. Ive never jumped an a3 but I had an A1 and jumped an A2.

Heat

Nov 14, 2018, 3:13 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1230 views)
Shortcut

I saw Scotty-bob posting a video of a new suit called the Corvis (I think) due early 2019. Itís supposed to be a bit mellower version of the A3 from what little I could gather on his fb. It might be worth sending them an email about that too :)

alygator

Nov 14, 2018, 10:16 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Heat] C3 vs A3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I know for the corvid. But I was more "interested" to know about C3 and how it fly compared to the A3

DFR

Nov 16, 2018, 3:47 PM
Post #5 of 6 (971 views)
Shortcut

Iíve done nearly 200 BASE jumps with my A3 and one with a C3. But I did the one on the C3 from Via and then the same exact jump in my A3 with same conditions less than an hour later. The first 3 ish seconds of the start weíre basically identical as expected and then the A3 was about 40-60í higher through the rest of the arc. I wouldnít say I was trying to start as fast as possible on either by it was same technique on both. The C3 was much easier to dive than the A3. Iíve got a C3 a couple weeks or so in a few months I can give more feedback but Iím guessing you want sooner info.

Message Gabriel Lott, he has a C3 and A3 and jumps them both regularly and can probably give you a much better opinion.

alygator

Nov 19, 2018, 1:13 PM
Post #6 of 6 (742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] C3 vs A3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the answers.
I managed to fly with guys in A3 and C3 since.
My actual suit is still good enough to follow both without troubles, good news for my money :)

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media