Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
Hayduke Brake lines
Premier Sponsor:

TransientCW

Nov 9, 2018, 6:01 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1249 views)
Shortcut
Hayduke Brake lines Can't Post

On their website, they say the hayduke doesn't use the normal 'loop to loop' system on the brake lines where you have a fingertrapped loop on the top of the lower brake line, which connects the loop on the cascade lines to it.

They say something about having that whole thing fingertrapped to itself? I'm trying to picture this, if I am interpreting this correctly....

Can anyone upload pictures?

What I am wondering here is how you tune the Hayduke DBS to your body weight?

I have owned 2 OSP's and both came about 4-5 inches too long out of the factory so I have popped the bartack on the fingertrapped loop on the top of the bottom brake line, shortened it, reconnected the cascades to it, and re bar-tacked.

How do you tune DBS on the Hayduke (unless I am misinterpreting the brake line setup)?????

TomAiello

Nov 9, 2018, 7:01 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1223 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Hayduke Brake lines [In reply to] Can't Post

We are generally doing it by either removing the factory loop and replacing it, or by chopping the lower line off and replacing the whole thing, leaving a reconfigurable junction a foot or so above the brake settings.

TransientCW

Nov 25, 2018, 3:42 PM
Post #3 of 3 (867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Hayduke Brake lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Gotcha. I saw some pictures and Squirrel emailed back. Apparently they have 3 brake setting down at the lower end which are pretty much shallow deep and deepest. They claim that they target your exit weight during manufacture.

(This post was edited by TransientCW on Nov 25, 2018, 3:43 PM)

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media