Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany)
Premier Sponsor:

vockpa

Nov 3, 2018, 12:44 PM
Post #1 of 6 (882 views)
Shortcut
Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany) Can't Post

Hey Everyone!

I am sure there are a few people who have already ordered some gear from Squirrel and got it shipped to Europe. Can you tell me your experience in terms of costumes and if they pick up on it or not.

I am looking into getting a complete new system (rig, canopy, pcs etc...) and was wondering if it would make it through customs without any problems or not.
Because if it would get pick up by customs I'd end up paying more or at least the same as I would ordering from a Europe based manufacture.

Would be cool to get some feedback on that topic please. I could have it shipped to Germany or Austria.

Cheers!!!

(This post was edited by vockpa on Nov 3, 2018, 2:17 PM)

try2live

Nov 3, 2018, 2:10 PM
Post #2 of 6 (862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vockpa] Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany) [In reply to] Can't Post

Just have it sent to a friend and have them open it up, put a note on the inside that says "thanks for letting me use your rig, it worked well!" and then send it out.. That way they cant get you for customs...BaseGear.net could probably help you out

brtbo

Nov 4, 2018, 6:11 AM
Post #3 of 6 (719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [try2live] Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany) [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not always that easy. I sent a used canopy to the manufacturer for a line adjustment. When I got it back I had to pay taxes on it - as long as I couldn't prove that I had paid taxes when I bought it. Which I couldn't.

vockpa

Nov 5, 2018, 4:33 AM
Post #4 of 6 (573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brtbo] Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany) [In reply to] Can't Post

That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. So eitehrway it seems like there is no way around it.
How much Tax did you have to pay in the end? I saw it should be around 19% plus some extra costs.

brtbo

Nov 5, 2018, 8:52 AM
Post #5 of 6 (525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vockpa] Ordering Squirrel gear to Europe (Austria or Germany) [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess most of the time you get away with it, but if you meet the right guy they might be able to charge you. The cost depends on the VAT in your country. I had done all the paperwork when I sent it, so there was no doubt that it was my own canopy that was being returned to me.

Furrr

Nov 11, 2018, 7:22 AM
Post #6 of 6 (234 views)
Shortcut

vockpa wrote:
Hey Everyone!

I am sure there are a few people who have already ordered some gear from Squirrel and got it shipped to Europe. Can you tell me your experience in terms of costumes and if they pick up on it or not.

I am looking into getting a complete new system (rig, canopy, pcs etc...) and was wondering if it would make it through customs without any problems or not.
Because if it would get pick up by customs I'd end up paying more or at least the same as I would ordering from a Europe based manufacture.

Would be cool to get some feedback on that topic please. I could have it shipped to Germany or Austria.

Cheers!!!

Let me give you some good news. Since a few months Squirrel has an Europe based warehouse and you can order via following url: https://squirrel.ws/eu

So no customs BS...

Goodluck!

(This post was edited by Furrr on Nov 11, 2018, 7:28 AM)

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media