Half-A
Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

W_Heisenberg

Oct 9, 2018, 7:36 PM
Post #1 of 36 (4979 views)
Shortcut
Half-A Can't Post

I've seen one video and skyderby profile which was impressive.
Any other info anyone has? Release date?

AntoineLaporte

Oct 10, 2018, 1:43 AM
Post #2 of 36 (4921 views)
Shortcut
Re: [W_Heisenberg] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope to get it out in the next couple of weeks ;)

Buszi

Oct 10, 2018, 10:11 AM
Post #3 of 36 (4851 views)
Shortcut

It is already in the pricelist on Intrudair's website.

TransientCW

Jan 17, 2019, 7:35 AM
Post #4 of 36 (4074 views)
Shortcut

Im getting one before you, Heisenberg..... Eat shit!!

erickunkel09

Mar 9, 2019, 5:40 PM
Post #5 of 36 (3532 views)
Shortcut

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday! #001! Heading to the DZ as we speak to jump it first thing tomorrow as long as the weather clears! Stoked!

MrAW

Mar 10, 2019, 3:22 AM
Post #6 of 36 (3486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [erickunkel09] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

Pics pls. Cool

TransientCW

Mar 15, 2019, 12:38 PM
Post #7 of 36 (3271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrAW] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

Pics Pics Pics Pics Plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicrussell

Mar 19, 2019, 9:42 AM
Post #8 of 36 (3014 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.intrudair.hu/tracking_half_a.php

erickunkel09

Mar 21, 2019, 7:16 PM
Post #9 of 36 (2886 views)
Shortcut

Sorry for the delay, i'm not dead...yet. Wink I was hoping to throw together a little video of the suit but just been busy. I've only got 7 flights on it so far but overall i'm stoked on it. Build quality seems to be very good. You can tell there is a ton of time, design, and stitching involved, especially with the inner baffles. The fit of the suit is top notch and is so incredibly comfortable. I wore it around the house for at least 2 hours the day I got it and it feels like you're wearing a big 2 piece basically. Full arm mobility all the way up, no high neckline rubbing, really nice not having wrist straps or ankle straps, and the fact that you get to put your faith in your own shoes vs. booties is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. Not to mention the flexibility of throwing on additional under layers for cold temps and it not affecting the fit. Plenty of pockets for hiking equipment, poles, cameras, snacks, etc. The idea of the suit being its own bladder instead of being on the inside of the balloon is insane and the suit basically puts you into the ideal tracking position, as long as you let it. I was a little worried about it being difficult to reach the BOC with how thick the suit is when inflated but so far it hasn't felt uncomfortable or difficult at all. I was also a little worried about the back fly inlet placement having the potential for PC interference upon extraction but in flight there is more than enough room. I wanted to get some more flight time in it before giving a performance review but right out of the gate you can tell there is a TON of potential. It is stable in just about all positions and even when you try to get it unstable it is easy to correct by simply relaxing. The hardest thing for me is flying palms up. I've flown the past 5 years palms down and breaking that habit has proven to be a challenge. This suit feels like it REALLY wants to be flown palms up and it has no problem telling you that. From what I can tell if you try to fly it palms down you prevent the upper portion of the suit from catching as much as air as it's designed to which puts you at a steeper AOA. Once you rotate your palms up and put your elbows closer to a 90 degree angle, it presents your chest, cups your shoulders, allows the upper portion of the side wings to catch more air and increases the surface area on your upper body. I've only been able to do this for short periods of time before falling back into old habits but during those times of proper body position it feels like you're on rails locked into a whole lot of lift. Heading performance on opening has been perfect even when not giving proper time to square up and flare. Going straight to toggles on opening is seamless, and being able to hit the ground in a full sprint for those down wind landings is down right enjoyable. Hoping to get a handful more jumps and hopefully some in flight footage at Skydance this weekend for the boogie. Hoping to get it fully dialed in within the next couple months, then the real fun begins! Yew!
Attachments: Screenshot_20190307-193448.jpg (1.48 MB)

MrAW

Mar 21, 2019, 11:45 PM
Post #10 of 36 (2862 views)
Shortcut

Awesome. Thanks for the review. Cool

TomAiello

Mar 22, 2019, 12:17 PM
Post #11 of 36 (2793 views)
Shortcut

Is there any way you could post photos (1) with arms straight out at shoulder level, and (2) with arms up as if reaching for risers?

Thanks!

TomAiello

Mar 23, 2019, 3:14 AM
Post #12 of 36 (2741 views)
Shortcut

Also, can you tell us what the time from order to delivery was for you?

Thanks!

erickunkel09

Mar 23, 2019, 8:14 AM
Post #13 of 36 (2713 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

No problem Tom. Photos are below. I included legs spread and together for each as well as a rear shot. For reference I'm 6'1", the width of the suit just makes me look like an oompa loompa. As for production time is concerned, I cannot give an accurate number due to the fact that I was in communication with the owner of Intrudair while talks of building Antoine's suits first came into discussion and placed my order long before the first prototype was made in their factory. From here they obviously had to go through several revisions, testing, etc. and i feel it would not be fair to use my timeline as a reference for future orders. I will say that communication through the entire process was top notch and that once the product was complete shipping took less than a week. I did opt for the 10 Euro shipping insurance just to be safe. I know their typical lead time is around 8 week currently and they also offer expedited production for an additional 100 Euro if time is an issue. I would be curious to see how well this suit would back fly without the back fly inlets. The suit remains fully inflated using a standard blow dryer in one inlet so I would assume that it would stay inflated during back flying without rear inlets but I would be curious to have someone try.
Attachments: IMG_6239.HEIC (1.07 MB)
  IMG_6240.HEIC (982 KB)
  IMG_6248.HEIC (921 KB)
  IMG_6249.HEIC (1.16 MB)
  IMG_6246.HEIC (1.15 MB)

TomAiello

Mar 23, 2019, 8:29 AM
Post #14 of 36 (2709 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for the photos and info!

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a new toy for my europe trip this summer...

Do the back fly inlets impede top end performance at all? Any idea?

(This post was edited by TomAiello on Mar 23, 2019, 8:30 AM)

erickunkel09

Mar 23, 2019, 9:16 AM
Post #15 of 36 (2696 views)
Shortcut

No problem Tom. New toys are always fun no matter which one you decide to go with. Half-A, Onesie Power, Pala, Mono, Sausage Too, etc. So many options for great suits now days but as you well know, in the end it all boils down to the wizard not the wand. ;) At the end of the day i went with the suit that checked off the necessary boxes for being most comfortable in it, from here I can focus on spending the time necessary learning to fly it to its best potential. As for added drag from the back fly inlets i've heard both a 5% reduction as well as no loss at all. I would assume there is some minimal loss however whether I will ever be good enough to notice it or not is still undecided. I got them for the option of back flying in the skydiving environment as well as a small peace of mind if I ever unexpectedly ended up on my back in the BASE environment I would have a better chance of having a flyable suit that is more easily recoverable. I hav no idea whether there is any validity to this reasoning or not but it's what i'm telling myself.

Lukasz_Se

Mar 23, 2019, 9:18 AM
Post #16 of 36 (2694 views)
Shortcut

TomAiello wrote:
Thanks for the photos and info!

I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a new toy for my europe trip this summer...

Do the back fly inlets impede top end performance at all? Any idea?
I don't think there is a way around it, backfly inlets will reduce performance in any ws when flying on belly to earth orientation. But I bet the difference in performance would be so small that only top pilots would notice it. At the same time, we are all top pilots in our heads arent we?Angelic

TransientCW

Apr 10, 2019, 3:45 PM
Post #17 of 36 (2042 views)
Shortcut

Sweet, sweet dirk diggler, is that a GIANT inlet between your legs or are you just happy to have your Half-A????

Thanks for the write up and we're all looking forward to video footy. I am sold on the half-a. Antoine simply said, treat it like you were flying a small wingsuit, because no matter what anyone says thats exactly what it is. ish.....

(This post was edited by TransientCW on Apr 10, 2019, 3:46 PM)

erickunkel09

Apr 24, 2019, 8:09 AM
Post #18 of 36 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to toot my own horn, but a little bit of both. 😉🍆 I I think that's the best simple description I've heard yet. It is definitely more wingsuit than tracking suit. Unfortunately for me, I absolutely suck at flying wingsuits. Haha! So much so, that I actually tried out a onesie power for the past few weeks. It was very interesting flying each suit back to back taking note of the differences. Both are incredibly capable suits with very different sets of abilities and I'm sure a competent pilot could do you incredible things in either. All in all, it's the wizard not the wand and I need to focus on spending the time in my suit to improve. All said and done, I'm happy with my purchase and looking forward to learning to fly it better. Oh, and incase anyone was wondering, it backflies well too. 😁
Attachments: Screenshot_20190420-180050.jpg (956 KB)

Heat

Apr 24, 2019, 10:57 AM
Post #19 of 36 (1556 views)
Shortcut

Can we see some video? Outside footage would also be nice

erickunkel09

May 6, 2019, 10:18 PM
Post #20 of 36 (1211 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Heat] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I've only had time for a handful more flights and never any jumps with someone else for video. Jumped at SkyDance SkyDive in Davis today and managed to have a really fun 7 way flocking jump with 5 ATCs and a Strix. I really didn't want to post the video because of how much i need to improve my body position but I figure we all have to start somewhere. Nice to finally see all that i need to work on (pointing toes, chin down, and biggest things is stop using my arms as a massive brake flip my palms up arms back on top of the suit and just let it fly.) On the plus side, I'm stable, and still able to fly with intermediate wingsuits so once I actually start flying well that will open up a whole other gear. Youtube Video Link: https://youtu.be/4cyGHlknPz0

DFR

May 6, 2019, 11:38 PM
Post #21 of 36 (1191 views)
Shortcut

erickunkel09 wrote:
https://youtu.be/4cyGHlknPz0

Stickied for you

TomAiello

May 7, 2019, 8:15 AM
Post #22 of 36 (1144 views)
Shortcut

It looks like it wants to be flown like a wing suit, rather than in a tracking body position.

AntoineLaporte

May 7, 2019, 1:29 PM
Post #23 of 36 (1103 views)
Shortcut

If I may, it does fly way better if you do not fly it "like a wingsuit"

TomAiello

May 7, 2019, 2:46 PM
Post #24 of 36 (1094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Half-A [In reply to] Can't Post

AntoineLaporte wrote:
If I may, it does fly way better if you do not fly it "like a wingsuit"

Do you have any outside video of a good flight body position with it?

erickunkel09

May 7, 2019, 7:26 PM
Post #25 of 36 (1067 views)
Shortcut

It definitely doesn't want to be flown like a wing suit. at least not from the waist up. Im fighting against the suit in this position the entire time. If I had more skill and body control I would just go limp and let the suit fly itself but I'm apparently a control freak and only hindering its performance. Its really really hard for me to break the palms down track using my arms for stability. Outside video of how it's supposed to be flown would definitely help. I'm flying blind at this point and realistically only making bad habits that will be hard to break. I sure am having fun doing it though! Haha!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media