BASEJUMPER.COM Web Security
Premier Sponsor:

d1sguy

Sep 22, 2018, 10:26 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1218 views)
Shortcut
BASEJUMPER.COM Web Security Can't Post

Hi All,

First post ever...been creeping for a long time but here's my first post.

I just logged in and noticed that BASEJUMPER.com does not allow SSL web security.

What this means is when you type in your username/password to login to the site your credentials are passed over the internet in plain text.....Meaning if anyone is listening they can easily see your username/password info.

To the Web Admin: Please setup SSL so us in the BASEJUMPER.COM community are not exposed to hackers

To the people who don't like reading lots of technical stuff there's a short video that explains why this is important.

https://www.globalsign.com/...-an-ssl-certificate/

Colm

Sep 24, 2018, 3:07 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [d1sguy] BASEJUMPER.COM Web Security [In reply to] Can't Post

I asked D4DR media to address this several months ago. They said they were addressing the problem on Dropzone.com before rolling out here. So far, nothing.

You could have a field day at BASE events with open wifi networks... not that I would ever wireshark something like that. Just sayin'...

Don't recycle your password here.

Colm

Dec 14, 2018, 3:12 PM
Post #3 of 3 (616 views)
Shortcut
Re: BASEJUMPER.COM Web Security [In reply to] Can't Post

Over 6 months since I first emailed D4DR media asking them to fix this. It literally would take 5 minutes.

In the meantime, here's a screenshot of how easy it is to sniff my password, with 15 seconds of effort, if you are on the same open wifi network as me. Think about that, next time you login from your local Starbucks. Enjoy

Edit to add: "Emailed them again this week, no response yet."

(This post was edited by Colm on Dec 14, 2018, 3:13 PM)
Attachments: Wireshark.png (58.5 KB)

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media