Onesie 7 / 30%
Wingsuit 16 / 70%
23 total votes

BigfcknG

Aug 7, 2018, 6:28 PM
Post #1 of 11 (1571 views)
Shortcut
Onesie or wingsuit? Can't Post

I saw this today. What is it? A wingsuit or a onesie?

(This post was edited by BigfcknG on Aug 7, 2018, 6:28 PM)
Attachments: 20180808_102515.jpg (65.4 KB)

TomAiello

Aug 7, 2018, 10:27 PM
Post #2 of 11 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't you read the text?

It's a "TrackWingSuit".

Say it fast, and de-emphasize the 'w'. "Trackwingsuit."

MontBlanc

Aug 8, 2018, 11:05 AM
Post #3 of 11 (1369 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Look like a sidecar for me :

In a sidecar, you're stuck in traffic jam, and it rain on your head : get all the disadvantages of the motorcycle and the car Unsure

With this TrackingWingThing, you can't (really) run, your arm position is fixed by the side wings like in a wingsuit, but you don't have the glide ratio of a wingsuit

The worst of both world Crazy

Cool

(This post was edited by MontBlanc on Aug 8, 2018, 11:48 AM)

TomAiello

Aug 8, 2018, 2:03 PM
Post #4 of 11 (1308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MontBlanc] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess time will tell, but personally I tend to agree with you. That's generally how I feel about one piece tracking suits generally though (not restricted to this specific offering).

I bought a PF Onesie almost immediately when they became available and honestly I just don't enjoy it. I have a much better time in my old (it's basically falling apart) PTS.

At this point, I guess I'd rather have a tracking suit or a real wing suit than a "shitty little wing suit" (with credit to Rami).

setarkos

Aug 8, 2018, 2:19 PM
Post #5 of 11 (1302 views)
Shortcut

You can jump many more exits in the current one-pieces than in any two-piece, yet in all of them you can stretch out the arms over your head and there is no armwing complicating the pull and you have more range of motion to make corrections right after exit.
If you prefer to wingsuit, that's fine but for those who want to stay away from wingsuiting for the reasons above but would like to be able to jump more exits there is a clear advantage to the one-pieces with full range of arm motion (not sure about this one).

bluhdow

Aug 8, 2018, 2:22 PM
Post #6 of 11 (1297 views)
Shortcut

My PTS is on it's 5th year and still my my favorite tool to use in the Valley. I'm pretty much with you Tom that I'd rather have a proper TS or a proper WS. These hybrids are interesting but I'll let the arms race settle before deciding if it's really "a thing."

John_Scher

Aug 9, 2018, 3:28 AM
Post #7 of 11 (1164 views)
Shortcut

Montblanc Mentioned:
"...you can't (really) run, your arm position is fixed by the side wings like in a wingsuit, ..."

Squirrel Web Site States:
110 cm running stride with free arms for toggle access

I'm finding it difficult to reconcile these two views as they seem to contradict each other.

(This post was edited by John_Scher on Aug 9, 2018, 3:31 AM)

MontBlanc

Aug 9, 2018, 4:34 AM
Post #8 of 11 (1125 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John_Scher] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:
I bought a PF Onesie almost immediately when they became available and honestly I just don't enjoy it. I have a much better time in my old (it's basically falling apart) PTS.
At this point, I guess I'd rather have a tracking suit or a real wing suit than a "shitty little wing suit" (with credit to Rami).
I love big onesies trackingstuff. But it must remain tracking : full running and totally free arms ...

John_Scher wrote:
Montblanc Mentioned:
"...you can't (really) run, your arm position is fixed by the side wings like in a wingsuit, ..."
Squirrel Web Site States:
110 cm running stride with free arms for toggle access
I'm finding it difficult to reconcile these two views as they seem to contradict each other

110cm is a small step ... not full-power running. If you can't put your knee above your hips, you can't do a full (mandatory for survival reason) running exit without the fear of going head down on the last step ...

Yes you can reach your toggles, but in flight, your elbows MUST stay up to maintain tension in the side cells. so arm position is not free.
I already jumped with this kind of onepiece years ago : the first proto of the PF Onesie was a cuted wingsuit and the side cells where sew to the arms : wasn't a nice position for flying Tongue

(This post was edited by MontBlanc on Aug 9, 2018, 4:56 AM)

John_Scher

Aug 9, 2018, 4:57 AM
Post #9 of 11 (1108 views)
Shortcut

I get what you are saying, thanks for clarifying.

(This post was edited by John_Scher on Aug 9, 2018, 2:07 PM)

alygator

Aug 9, 2018, 7:52 AM
Post #10 of 11 (1068 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John_Scher] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nothing new, they just call it tracking or trackwingsuit wathever what we called wingsuit few years ago (for half price).
Tongue
Zun finally managed to make the access fancy, with Squirrel
Attachments: access.jpg (12.8 KB)

AntoineLaporte

Aug 13, 2018, 9:29 AM
Post #11 of 11 (794 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] Onesie or wingsuit? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm working on something similar for some months, should get it out very soon, classified as hybrid.

That said the only thing interesting in the SQ suit compares to a wingsuit is that you can get the toggles after opening (if you put your legs up...).
For the running part I got a RBird and I can also run with it, so this does not make it a tracksuit.
I'm still looking where is the "track" part in this "trackwingsuit"...
I'm also questionning the landing, I guess you have to get your feet out of the booties to be comfortable unless you would have to keep your legs up to keep your arms up.

At the end it is still the same problem, definition of a tracksuit is very personal.

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media