Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Tube 3 Vs Tube 4
Premier Sponsor:

sarahjs125

Apr 14, 2018, 1:24 AM
Post #1 of 13 (751 views)
Shortcut
Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 Can't Post

Tube 3 Vs Tube 4, would love to hear peopleís comments as to a first 2 piece tracking suit

Heat

Apr 14, 2018, 6:36 AM
Post #2 of 13 (699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sarahjs125] Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

Regular PF is the perfect choice as a first tracking suit. Stay away from the tube 3, it's a tricky one.... Very powerful and not a good first suit. I have no experience with the tube 4

RockyShark6

Apr 14, 2018, 2:59 PM
Post #3 of 13 (624 views)
Shortcut

I got a Tube 4. Over all its a great suit with quality work behind it.
It was the first suit I got and although I took it of a plane when I only had 40 skydives it felt really good good.
Only thing is it can "stall" a bit if you're too flat so it starts to turn your heading back and forth /hard to control but just go a little bit steeper and the control comes back. And you can always go back to box positions without any trouble! :)
The volume reduction system is really great aswell, makes it much easier to practice backflying and stuff aswell as those first jumps.

I've tried the regular PF and tbh I wasn't so impressed, felt flimsy and not like a "flying suit" at all, just as regular clothes but a a bit better performance. The tube gives you more of a platform to fly with and you can feel the power.
Don't really get the cult backing the original PF, it's almost religious for some people. IMHO I think ppl look on it with rose tinted glasses, it's a great suit no question about it but it's certainly not THE best suit and there are many more suits who would win over it as first suit as well.
I just think that you get more for the money with a Tube 4, or any other modern suit.

AntoineLaporte

Apr 15, 2018, 12:16 AM
Post #4 of 13 (574 views)
Shortcut

Tube 3 is the worst 2 pieces suit ever made.
Too much power at the end of the legs gives some uncontrolled inputs to almost everybody.
Tube 4 is a good suit, nothing to worry about it. The extension zipper along the leg gives the possibility to have less power for the firsts jumps with it.

Heat

Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 AM
Post #5 of 13 (566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RockyShark6] Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

Part of being THE best suit for beginners is that it's not too powerful and you actually learn how to track. It's called progression and that is something you should respect above all when getting in to base. It's about taking small steps as much as getting the most performance out of your tracking... It just might help keeping you alive

martin245

Apr 15, 2018, 4:33 AM
Post #6 of 13 (547 views)
Shortcut

RockyShark6 wrote:
I've tried the regular PF and tbh I wasn't so impressed, felt flimsy and not like a "flying suit" at all, just as regular clothes but a a bit better performance. The tube gives you more of a platform to fly with and you can feel the power.
Don't really get the cult backing the original PF, it's almost religious for some people. IMHO I think ppl look on it with rose tinted glasses, it's a great suit no question about it but it's certainly not THE best suit and there are many more suits who would win over it as first suit as well.
I just think that you get more for the money with a Tube 4, or any other modern suit.

Dude, I don't want to insult you, but everything you've written smells and sounds like a biased fan-boy, who's pissing towards PF.

Tedis

Apr 15, 2018, 11:34 AM
Post #7 of 13 (481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AntoineLaporte] Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

I totally agree, I had a very bad time trying to control this Tube 3, and I had previously flown other tracking or ws suits. Very difficult to learn how to control it and also very easy to get unstable in this Tube 3!Crazy
In reply to:

W_Heisenberg

Apr 15, 2018, 11:49 AM
Post #8 of 13 (476 views)
Shortcut

I had the PF first, didn't really like it very much. Switched to a tube 2 and it was stable and a great suit.
Went to the Tube 4 and loved it. They make very good quality suits and the service was excellent.

I will say that side by side for a 2p the sumo seemed to fly better. I haven't jumped a sumo or sumo 2 but I wouldn't discount SQL as a 2p suit.

I'd like to jump RBASEG but I believe he only makes 1p suits.

But stay away from the Tube 3. It is a death trap.

sarahjs125

Apr 15, 2018, 2:05 PM
Post #9 of 13 (435 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Heat] Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, yeah Iíve heard the tube 3 can be a bit twitchy

sarahjs125

Apr 15, 2018, 2:07 PM
Post #10 of 13 (433 views)
Shortcut

Thanks everyone for your replyís, I think I will def go for the tube 4 over the tube 3. I like the extra zip options in the leg of the tube 4 also

RockyShark6

Apr 15, 2018, 4:06 PM
Post #11 of 13 (408 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin245] Tube 3 Vs Tube 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well I'll admit that I'm pissing on all unbiased PF fanboys who look upon it with rose tinted glasses and don't judge it fairly to today's competition, as stated.
I do admited that it is a great suit, didn't I?
Back in the days I do understand that it was in fact the best you could get, I just think now days there's many more valueble options instead of the standard answer "get a PF hurr durr".
Disclaimer: The PFT i tested was old and probably had some jumps which could have maked it feel flimsy.

If I could rebuy my first suit today I would have bought a second hand Raven and then a Onesie, but I feel that I got a lot more to progress in my Tube 4 before I can justify a upgrade.

Speak of progression: isn't that the main point to buy a Tube4 as a first suit? Start and learn in the smaller size then progress to the larger volume, you get the original PF and the PTS at the same time.

MrAW

Apr 15, 2018, 11:51 PM
Post #12 of 13 (341 views)
Shortcut

How many skydives did you have when you tested the PF and how many jumps did you do on it?

martin245

Apr 16, 2018, 10:44 AM
Post #13 of 13 (251 views)
Shortcut

RockyShark6 wrote:
Well I'll admit that I'm pissing

Pissing is always nice, buddy, just make sure you don't piss against the wind.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media