Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
'Humilite' feature-length base-jumping documentary film by Dennis De Vries
Premier Sponsor:

Reiner1

Mar 20, 2018, 3:32 PM
Post #1 of 9 (3694 views)
Shortcut
'Humilite' feature-length base-jumping documentary film by Dennis De Vries Can't Post

After more than 5 years and over 5000 hours of dedicated work by a true artist and a great film- maker, Dennis De Vries has finally finished the full length feature film, 'Humilite'. There is still a bit of legal work to do and money to be raised, to get the film polished for cinematic release.

Dennis De Vries is the real deal. He graduated from film school and then spent 19 years making short films for a New-York agency. I met Dennis in 2011, while shooting a Casio G-Shock commercial together. After my accident in 2012, I gave Dennis my story and he came back to Europe to continue filming. For the next three years he worked on the film in his spare time, before being inspired by the base jumping community, to quit his job and chase his dreams of completing his first full feature length film. It took almost another three years to finish the edit and I am happy to inform everyone that Dennis has done a marvelous job of telling the story! It has real integrity!

Please help us breathe life into this film and help to put Ludo up on the big screen where he belongs - by contributing to the Go fund me campaign if you are able.

This can be found on the ' Humilite' Facebook page. (Sorry- my phone is not allowing me to paste the link)

This film is a wonderful tribute to Ludovic Woerth and others who have died while chasing their dreams base-jumping.

Thank-you! And Peace.

Reiner

(This post was edited by Reiner1 on Mar 23, 2018, 12:58 PM)

LeeroyJenkins

Mar 20, 2018, 4:28 PM
Post #2 of 9 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reiner1] 'Humilite' documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/dwdocumentary/

Reiner1

Mar 20, 2018, 11:12 PM
Post #3 of 9 (3588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeeroyJenkins] 'Humilite' documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for putting the link up amigo!

Reiner

TomAiello

Mar 22, 2018, 6:33 PM
Post #4 of 9 (3270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reiner1] 'Humilite' documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.gofundme.com/humility2018

StealthyB

Mar 22, 2018, 10:43 PM
Post #5 of 9 (3242 views)
Shortcut

+1

Lucka

Mar 23, 2018, 5:19 AM
Post #6 of 9 (3193 views)
Shortcut

A beautiful tribute to a wonderful human being and exceptional BASE jumper, Ludo! Education for all of us, experienced and new jumpers, breathtaking scenery, never seen footage, a story from an extraordinary angle we have never witnessed before!
Also a story of a legendary BASE jumper, Reiner who goes in but lives and now he is here to bring you this story!
Its a must see!
Love LucyLu

BASEHOUSE

Mar 24, 2018, 7:55 AM
Post #7 of 9 (2963 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reiner1] 'Humilite' feature-length base-jumping documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

I was able to see this movie a while ago. The impression it made was beautiful and dramatic at the same time.
I believe that a non BASE Jumper person will be blown away by it! The story of Reiner Ebert buzzing into the trees... seeing the bark blow of the stem - insane.
But there is a lot of passion in it too, and some people in this world need to get that!
It is not inspiring in a way that people should go out and jump - but to see that there are people following their passion what so ever!
The images of the movie - soundtrack - story line
brilliant.
How can a man survive this? And even more - still keep on jumping - respect brother.
Great job to all involved.

BigfcknG

Mar 24, 2018, 4:45 PM
Post #8 of 9 (2898 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASEHOUSE] 'Humilite' feature-length base-jumping documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the first installment of a series?

florifly

Apr 16, 2018, 5:29 AM
Post #9 of 9 (2116 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Reiner1] 'Humilite' feature-length base-jumping documentary film by Dennis De Vries [In reply to] Can't Post

I got lucky to see a first cut of this amazing documentary and it blew my mind!! Very well made, entertaining and a wonderful tribute to Ludo too.
Passion makes humans doing amazing things!
This documentary has be on Netflix soon Wink

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media