Adrenalin Addiction
Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Hanzo

Dec 28, 2017, 1:19 PM
Post #1 of 74 (6763 views)
Shortcut
Adrenalin Addiction Can't Post

Hey y'all. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone interested. This kids name is Chase Reinford and he runs a You Tube channel called, you guessed it, Adrenailin Addiction. Ive been a fan of this kid for some time now. He's best known for a being one of the gnarliest cliff jumpers out there. One of his most popular videos is him throwing a MASSIVE backflip off a 140 foot cliff into water. (no canopy, wasn't a base jump, just sent it into the lake) He's also a skydiver with a pilots liscence that he uses to scope out hard to get to cliff jump spots. BTW, kids only 22 lol. He recently started base jumping , and no, it doesn't seem like he racked the usual prerequisite sky jumps so lets not start that conversation please. Anyway, point of this thread, since we are on basejumper.com, is to point out that this I'd has incredible control of his body due to his cliff ju and gymnastic background. Seems to have pretty low jump numbers but he was throwing some sick shit out at Moab. Doesn't all seem to be on you tube anymore but he threw a gainer with a full twist into two backflips and opened super clean. A
So was his triple gainer, again at Moab, wwas SICK. Don't know the specific exits. If it was anyone else I would say hes rushing way too fast with his ariels but he's so good in in the air i think he's gonna be ok. His rope swing off the span in WV is also fun to watch. He jumps it with a buddy who lets go during the swing, opens, and makes a clean getaway. Chase is forced to wait out the cops in the steel for hours. (uses an ascender) anyway, sorry for the novel, check him out.

(This post was edited by Hanzo on Dec 28, 2017, 1:22 PM)

BASE1817

Dec 28, 2017, 4:32 PM
Post #2 of 74 (6688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hanzo] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

He‘s a lying POS too, he will do himself in in no time i‘m sure. I will not bother doing the clean–up.

hookitt

Dec 28, 2017, 4:46 PM
Post #3 of 74 (6684 views)
Shortcut

Talent and skill are different things.

He's a very talented person with good aerial skills.
He's not good at progression.

I've taught hundreds of people to skydive. Very good gymnasts, and other types of skills. They all showed up with mad air awareness. Naturally, the act of skydiving came easy. When it came to canopy control, the person naturally thought they were going to bypass the entire learning to fly a parachute properly and learn to swoop without help.

Without fail, most of them pounded in because they knew better ... until they didn't. But of course, I'm old now so what the heck would someone like me know Tongue

A person can use all their other skills to enhance another skill. Chances are they'll become exceptional if they actually progress.

Chase has a horrible attitude toward anyone who only wants the best for him. He's ripped on anyone that wants to help. He deletes every comment that doesn't say how amazing he his. None of my comments were derogatory however they weren't to his liking of self awesomeness. Instagram and youtube stardom apparently is lucrative. It's too bad he doesn't have respect for other jumpers. Funny thing is, when he pounds in, those same people he disses, are the same ones who will carry him off the talus.

I don't care who you are or how great your air skills are in another area, Experience does matter. 26 years of parachuting shows me that he is no more special than we are. Even the best BASE jumpers and sky jumpers I know had to learn the craft in a progressive manner.

You can use your previous skills to better learn a new skill. Just hucking something and getting away with it isn't skill, but go ahead and believe what you want to.

Skydiver who refuses to take advice. BASE jumper who refuses to take advice.

I wish the guy well. I hope his attitude toward one of the absolute coolest. and caring groups of people I've met, improves. He can use his talent for good if he wants to.

InternetHero

Dec 28, 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #4 of 74 (6588 views)
Shortcut

If i wanna see flips n shit i just go watch Chuma lol.

He doesnt want to be a part of the basejumper community at all. I can respect that, aslong as he doesnt burn stuff.

BASE1817

Dec 29, 2017, 12:24 AM
Post #5 of 74 (6576 views)
Shortcut
Re: [InternetHero] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, he has burned plenty already. Bridges too, for that matter!

Mitchpee

Dec 29, 2017, 1:19 AM
Post #6 of 74 (6559 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASE1817] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

This thread is stupid and reeks of self promotion.

Fledgling

Dec 29, 2017, 7:51 AM
Post #7 of 74 (6503 views)
Shortcut

Hanzo wrote:
since we are on basejumper.com,

Well since this is BJ.com Chase is a spoilt little rich kid that thinks his cool Arenailin Addiction bullshit actually means something. The reality is his father should be ashamed that his son turned out to be such a fucking brat.

hjumper33
Dec 29, 2017, 10:27 AM
Post #8 of 74 (6432 views)
Shortcut

He’s a huge tool that caused a lot of heat at one of the best objects in NorCal. I spoke with him about this and made it well known to him that he is not welcome in this area again. He was initially a huge ass when I confronted him about this, but my old defense for him is he seemed to realize what he’d done eventually. I always thought base could use another YouTube hero, we don’t have enough.

AZcevuchar

Dec 29, 2017, 2:25 PM
Post #9 of 74 (6342 views)
Shortcut

Hanzo wrote:
Hey y'all. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone interested. This kids name is Chase Reinford and he runs a You Tube channel called, you guessed it, Adrenailin Addiction. Ive been a fan of this kid for some time now. He's best known for a being one of the gnarliest cliff jumpers out there. One of his most popular videos is him throwing a MASSIVE backflip off a 140 foot cliff into water. (no canopy, wasn't a base jump, just sent it into the lake) He's also a skydiver with a pilots liscence that he uses to scope out hard to get to cliff jump spots. BTW, kids only 22 lol. He recently started base jumping , and no, it doesn't seem like he racked the usual prerequisite sky jumps so lets not start that conversation please. Anyway, point of this thread, since we are on basejumper.com, is to point out that this I'd has incredible control of his body due to his cliff ju and gymnastic background. Seems to have pretty low jump numbers but he was throwing some sick shit out at Moab. Doesn't all seem to be on you tube anymore but he threw a gainer with a full twist into two backflips and opened super clean. A
So was his triple gainer, again at Moab, wwas SICK. Don't know the specific exits. If it was anyone else I would say hes rushing way too fast with his ariels but he's so good in in the air i think he's gonna be ok. His rope swing off the span in WV is also fun to watch. He jumps it with a buddy who lets go during the swing, opens, and makes a clean getaway. Chase is forced to wait out the cops in the steel for hours. (uses an ascender) anyway, sorry for the novel, check him out.

Hey Chase Wink

personally I would recommend a new promotional manager for yourself.

2 base jumps "does not" give someone the proper credentials to promote your brand of "mindless self promotion"....effectively Angelic

I really hope this thread doesn't get deleted. Dumb is always looking for a new face Blush

(This post was edited by AZcevuchar on Dec 29, 2017, 2:32 PM)

hjumper33
Dec 29, 2017, 3:02 PM
Post #10 of 74 (6320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AZcevuchar] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

I see no reason to make any changes to this thread. The first post is hilarious. MASSIVE Backflips! Dude that’s so rad!!!!!!! Epic!!!!!!!!

I’m sure anyone with any real experience can see this as waving a flag that says “don’t let me on your objects”. We’ve all seen guys like this come and go. Sadly the last one I remember was Johnny strange.

Eaztah

Dec 29, 2017, 4:06 PM
Post #11 of 74 (6300 views)
Shortcut

Ok, he might go in eventually, but i have to admit that his videos and skills are pretty sick: https://youtu.be/GDuUjlZBSoM
https://youtu.be/GVwZCZzC9Co

Wingsuit proxy videos have got boring a long time ago and wingsuits are still the most potent killer. Chase’s style of jumping is much more exciting than wingsuit proxy. So lets hope the statistics is on Chase’s side.

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 5:10 PM
Post #12 of 74 (6271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hookitt] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

WOOW. I don't know the kid personally whatsoever, everything yall are mentioning is obviously not cool. No agenda just thought he had a couple cool vids. Seems like a nice kid in his videos but I guess it goes to show ya, u never know.

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 5:13 PM
Post #13 of 74 (6270 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AZcevuchar] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Lmao, I'm not chase, don't even know him personally. I knew people would have strong opinions about his progression and apparently his attitude sucks as well. Lol itmismkinda crazy how up in arms this forum gets. I get it about burning objects, the ultimate mortal sin in base. Just thought u guys would enjoy a couple cool jumps, nothing more, nothing less. Damn....

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 5:14 PM
Post #14 of 74 (6269 views)
Shortcut
Re: [InternetHero] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Chuma the best, I won't argue that. At least in the states. I'm sure everyone will think I'm chuma now that I complimented him. XD

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 5:16 PM
Post #15 of 74 (6268 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

If his offense is worthy of the ultimate tar and feather punishment, them you missed your best chance, he jumped in a CHICKEN SUIT! XDD plenty of feathers already there.

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 5:25 PM
Post #16 of 74 (6265 views)
Shortcut

Putting everything on hold for a quick second, anyone care to comment on his 140ft backflip into water. (cliff jump not base)

BodeyM

Dec 29, 2017, 5:33 PM
Post #17 of 74 (6264 views)
Shortcut

Hey, it's hard to understand what you're saying with Chase so far down your throat.

DFR

Dec 29, 2017, 7:33 PM
Post #18 of 74 (6228 views)
Shortcut

Hanzo wrote:
If it was anyone else I would say hes rushing way too fast with his ariels but he's so good in in the air i think he's gonna be ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L75QFBfMeys

Super good in the air with all that aerial awareness... Crazy

Hanzo wrote:
BTW, kids only 22 lol
Being young doesn't make you any cooler, just makes you a bit dumber and more likely to push it. Seriously, there studies on it. Look it up.

Hanzo wrote:
Putting everything on hold for a quick second, anyone care to comment on his 140ft backflip into water. (cliff jump not base)
No. Go ask a cliff jumping forum.

Hey Chase, stop being a douchebag and stop trying to self promote on here. I know your mom probably told you any attention is good attention but thats not always the case Wink

(This post was edited by DFR on Dec 29, 2017, 7:39 PM)

Hanzo

Dec 29, 2017, 8:22 PM
Post #19 of 74 (6213 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BodeyM] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol now this is getting fun. No idea why your so salty. My original post was just to say hey here's a cool video. As usual people here just start talking shit. Egos on here are outta control.

BodeyM

Dec 29, 2017, 8:51 PM
Post #20 of 74 (6204 views)
Shortcut

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness

DFR

Dec 29, 2017, 9:04 PM
Post #21 of 74 (6199 views)
Shortcut

Everyone knows you're a troll, and a bad one at that. Between your "first jump" thread and your "El Cap jump" thread. If you're going to troll atleast make it realistic or funny so people play along. Or else you just look like an idiot. Smile

BASE1817

Dec 30, 2017, 3:38 AM
Post #22 of 74 (6127 views)
Shortcut

I repeat, lying piece of shit. Make sure you get video when you go in, that way your fame will be „immortal“. Karma will bite your ass, rest assured.

hookitt

Dec 30, 2017, 11:20 AM
Post #23 of 74 (6009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

DFR wrote:
If you're going to troll atleast make it realistic or funny so people play along. Or else you just look like an idiot. Smile

That sounds very familiar.

jakee

Dec 30, 2017, 1:48 PM
Post #24 of 74 (5949 views)
Shortcut

Hanzo wrote:
I'm sure everyone will think I'm chuma now that I complimented him. XD

Hehe nah. Chuma's actually a cool guy, so no-one's gonna think you're him Tongue

hjumper33
Dec 30, 2017, 2:43 PM
Post #25 of 74 (5920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] Adrenalin Addiction [In reply to] Can't Post

Everyone gets to be young. The tricky part is getting old...like Tim ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media