Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Las Vegas after MOAB
Premier Sponsor:

RichM

Nov 6, 2017, 2:14 PM
Post #1 of 12 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Las Vegas after MOAB Can't Post

I'm from the UK and doing a West Coast road trip with the GF, soaking up the delights of LA, SF, SLC and jumping at MOAB. I've also just booked 4 nights in Vegas, 11/25-11/29. I'd be interested in at least one night of jumping shenanigans with some locals. Please PM if you are about. Is base now a felony in LV?

Also interested in jumping Bixby Bridge on the way from LA to SF on 11/17. Keen to hear advice from locals. Cheers for the help

Toggle

Nov 6, 2017, 4:59 PM
Post #2 of 12 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RichM] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

RichM wrote:
Also interested in jumping Bixby Bridge on the way from LA to SF on 11/17. Keen to hear advice from locals. Cheers for the help

Thank you Mr. BASE Jumper. I will ensure one of my CHP patrols is in close vicinity of the bridge one week from this Friday, especially during the early morning and late evening hours. Don’t worry, we’ll patrol it more throughout the day as well.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and spending some quality time together after your attempted jump.

Sincerely,
Johnny Law

RichM

Nov 7, 2017, 2:53 AM
Post #3 of 12 (852 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toggle] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah dude, sorry, from the limited info I had I thought most of the USA was cool with just a few locations where jail is a possible outcome. I must have misunderstood.

gnarlysquirrel

Nov 7, 2017, 7:39 AM
Post #4 of 12 (771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toggle] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

Toggle wrote:
RichM wrote:

Thank you Mr. BASE Jumper. I will ensure one of my CHP patrols is in close vicinity of the bridge one week from this Friday, especially during the early morning and late evening hours. Don’t worry, we’ll patrol it more throughout the day as well.

Looking forward to meeting up with you and spending some quality time together after your attempted jump.

Sincerely,
Johnny Law

Bixby bridge is a legal object. Have the local police recorded on audio stating that clearly.

jonmurrell

Nov 7, 2017, 8:14 AM
Post #5 of 12 (759 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gnarlysquirrel] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

The county sheriff also said it was illegal on video.

There may be no statute prohibiting jumping, but there's still the other issues of trespassing, impeding traffic, etc.

gnarlysquirrel

Nov 7, 2017, 8:45 AM
Post #6 of 12 (743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonmurrell] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

Trespassing depends on how you climb out as I understand it. As for impeding traffic, it seems like it would be hard to bring a charge if jumpers are not making a scene on the bridge. Has someone actually been charged with the latter at Bixby?

Where is the county sheriff video and what year is it from? Confirmed that jumping from the bridge was legal in January 2016 via police audio recording.

cavitator

Nov 7, 2017, 8:50 AM
Post #7 of 12 (739 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jonmurrell] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

jonmurrell wrote:
The county sheriff also said it was illegal on video.

There may be no statute prohibiting jumping, but there's still the other issues of trespassing, impeding traffic, etc.

here's the vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nW--V0bNCE

YODO

Nov 7, 2017, 9:17 AM
Post #8 of 12 (724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RichM] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

RichM wrote:
Ah dude, sorry, from the limited info I had I thought most of the USA was cool with just a few locations where jail is a possible outcome. I must have misunderstood.

Fucking foreigners...

DFR

Nov 7, 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #9 of 12 (704 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cavitator] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

The sheriff didn't say it was illegal in that vid... Jester got arrested for a DUI, possetion if pot, disobeying a police officer and something else. Nothing actually jumping related... so if you're not shitfaced making a scene in the middle of the road you won't have a problem.

Heat

Nov 7, 2017, 1:36 PM
Post #10 of 12 (619 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YODO] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

Build a fence to keep them out!

YODO

Nov 7, 2017, 3:41 PM
Post #11 of 12 (579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Heat] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

Why do I get the feeling this is the same dude...

http://www.basejumper.com/...6;page=unread#unread

RichM

Nov 8, 2017, 3:19 AM
Post #12 of 12 (452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [YODO] Las Vegas after MOAB [In reply to] Can't Post

That is not me. I only ever write up in my private log book.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media