Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Kos, Greece
Premier Sponsor:

kege

Sep 13, 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #1 of 6 (982 views)
Shortcut
Kos, Greece Can't Post

Hey, anyone have any info on the island of Kos in Greece? Worth bringing a rig? Can't find much on the interweb and Google Earth. Highest point of the island is supposed to be over 800m above sea level and it's a pretty small island so I'm thinking maybe there could be something. Anyone?

Kerkko
BASE1184

bumbum

Oct 6, 2017, 10:53 AM
Post #2 of 6 (664 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kege] Kos, Greece [In reply to] Can't Post

I was there each summer for the last few years, and several times on the mountain ( Diekos).
Rocky, and on the SE side steep, but to my knowledge nothing vertical ( Im not a jumper but used to hang around with them in the alps).
It's a very windy island, so go windsurfing!

Close to Kos is the island Kalymnos, which is famous amongst climbers...

Hope this helps.

gauleyguide

Oct 7, 2017, 8:44 PM
Post #3 of 6 (513 views)
Shortcut

I went there once when I was in the Navy, I was a climber back then, not a jumper. I’m sure there are some towers to check out. Like Carl said,”The whole World is jumpable”.

It is a great place to party though. The playboy club with the disco floor was pretty entertaining.

BASE1817

Oct 8, 2017, 3:45 PM
Post #4 of 6 (454 views)
Shortcut

Contact Peter Lappas, greel jumper on the mainland, but i'm quote sure he can help you out!

kege

Oct 9, 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #5 of 6 (372 views)
Shortcut
Re: [everyone] Kos, Greece [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your help guys. After some contacts with mainland jumpers its starting to look like it would be a mission to make something happen over there, and right now I feel like I need a holiday in the sun more than I need one jump. Time to say 'fuck it', save some energy and luggage space, and order a piña colada. Or whatever it is they drink over there. Next time I'll bring a rig and some friends and go to Zakynthos instead, this one will be about family time. :)

Kerkko
BASE1184

GreenMachine

Oct 10, 2017, 4:44 AM
Post #6 of 6 (301 views)
Shortcut
Mother Superior [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool Enjoy your family vacation and
I think they drink Ouzo & Grappa.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username: