Forums: BASE Jumping: BSBD - In Memory Of:
Susan Waterfield
Premier Sponsor:

sbarker

Jul 11, 2017, 5:46 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2280 views)
Shortcut
Susan Waterfield Can't Post

My Aunt, Susan Waterfield, passed away today after a tough battle with cancer. By the time of her death, she had 1,018 skydives and numerous BASE jumps as well. She started jumping in the early 90's. I was lucky enough to jump with her many of times, including her 1,000th, as well as BASE jumping together. This allowed her to travel the world whether it be jumping on the international date line into the water for y2k, BASE jumping in Norway, attempting to jump Angel Falls in Venezuela (until she had a malfunction and hit the water going 70mph on a practice jump), WFFC, ETC. Before her death she told all of us that she had no regrets and lived life to the fullest....and that is exactly what she did. I hope she only has blues skies from now on.
Attachments: Bridge day 2008.jpg (50.9 KB)
  Suzie.jpg (95.3 KB)
  1000th night.jpg (61.2 KB)

MrAW

Jul 13, 2017, 3:46 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sbarker] Susan Waterfield [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow. What a legend she must have been. Sorry for your loss.
Thanks for posting.

freeflyJoe

Jul 13, 2017, 5:09 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1920 views)
Shortcut

Nice post, Sorry for your loss bro. She looks familiar. Did she use to do a lot of Magic Carpet Ride jumps with Johnny Gates in the boogie circuit?

sbarker

Jul 16, 2017, 4:58 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1702 views)
Shortcut
Re: [freeflyJoe] Susan Waterfield [In reply to] Can't Post

She actually dated Johnny for a while before he passed during free fall! Her 1000th was a magic carpet ride where she got her gold wings. For all viewing, she will be buried at sea in a couple of weeks...... by having one last "jump" out of the bomb bay of her friends WWII B25 bomber about 30 miles into the ocian. If any of yall knew Suzie, you would know that is exactly her. During her viewing, she was actually in her jump suite. Take care.

Fledgling

Jul 17, 2017, 5:03 AM
Post #5 of 6 (1630 views)
Shortcut

sbarker wrote:
During her viewing, she was actually in her jump suite.

Awesome :-)

blitzkrieg

Jul 17, 2017, 9:29 AM
Post #6 of 6 (1580 views)
Shortcut

damn, that's a really cool send off. blues...

Forums : BASE Jumping : BSBD - In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media