Forums: BASE Jumping: BASE Technical:
freak2 vs strix
Premier Sponsor:

roostnureye

Jul 10, 2017, 2:34 PM
Post #1 of 7 (983 views)
Shortcut
freak2 vs strix Can't Post

I'm in the market for a new suit. I would like a suit I can use for xrw backfly and base. I currently jump an A1 in the base world.
I want to know who has flown both, which has a higher arm sweep (less like a race suit), which was easier to backfly, and also which has a better glide ratio and base start.
Thank you.
Jeremy

wasatchrider

Jul 10, 2017, 3:03 PM
Post #2 of 7 (957 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roostnureye] freak2 vs strix [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know about the strix but I went from the a1 to the freak 2 and the glide and speed are better then the a1 and the starts are just as good if not better but I could just be getting better at my starts anyways not a noticeable difference in the start.

TomAiello

Jul 10, 2017, 9:15 PM
Post #3 of 7 (865 views)
Shortcut

Some views in this thread:

http://www.dropzone.com/..._latest_reply;so=ASC

You only need to read the first three or four responses. After that it degenerates into pointless brand war and name calling.

roostnureye

Jul 11, 2017, 6:51 AM
Post #4 of 7 (705 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] freak2 vs strix [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks tom, I've been through that one a few times. But there were questions I have that weren't answered. That's why I posted a new topic.

skydave89

Jul 11, 2017, 7:34 AM
Post #5 of 7 (686 views)
Shortcut

Got about 40 jumps on my Strix now, and I really love it. Haven't flown a Freak2 but I've jumped quite a few times with people flying Freak1s and I've found the suits to be almost perfectly matched in terms of performance. When the guys in Freaks punched it, they never pulled away or above, but I couldn't gain, seems like they have VERY similar flight profiles.

That said - the Freaks tail flaps around to an extent I've never seen on any suit, unless your body position is where it likes. My Strix tail literally has never flapped in any orientation and even when flying slow with Phantoms on my back. The root of the arm wing does flap a little when you're flying dirty, but not too bad. Hope some of that helps.

(This post was edited by skydave89 on Jul 11, 2017, 10:12 AM)

hookitt

Jul 11, 2017, 10:01 AM
Post #6 of 7 (612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skydave89] freak2 vs strix [In reply to] Can't Post

Apparently the Flutter was fixed in the Freak 2.

I was looking up this exact subject yesterday morning. I'm not likely to Wingsuit BASE but I do want to get one for the sky. I'll have to fly something smaller first, but my desired suit will be something like the Freak2 or Strix.

MrAW

Jul 12, 2017, 4:52 AM
Post #7 of 7 (396 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] freak2 vs strix [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:
... it degenerates into pointless brand war and name calling.

I simply cannot believe it.
Very unusual.

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media