Shortcut
Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open Can't Post

https://www.eventbrite.com/...-tickets-35015468208

alantrinidad

Jul 1, 2017, 3:16 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gweeks] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

If you sign up for this you are a trader or a green horn.... that'll teach you to have fun!!!

Trust me, you should totally let my old drama effect how you enjoy your life... and that's just science

baronn

Aug 3, 2017, 10:04 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alantrinidad] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure how " Old drama affect your life" really plays into this. The choice is simple. Go to a 1 day event that has a history of abusing those that make it happen or go somewhere you are welcome (Twin Falls) and enjoy this activity in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. Seems obvious to me......

Stomper2k5

Aug 4, 2017, 5:38 AM
Post #4 of 9 (1013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

baronn wrote:
Not sure how " Old drama affect your life" really plays into this. The choice is simple. Go to a 1 day event that has a history of abusing those that make it happen or go somewhere you are welcome (Twin Falls) and enjoy this activity in a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. Seems obvious to me......
FWIW - You can dwell on the past experiences if you want, but last year had the least bullshit/stress/harassment I've seen there yet. Granted I've only got 4 years of going to compare it to, but no background checks, no security screens, and almost no lines after your first jump, definitely checked off the fun boxes for me. What more do you really feel youre fighting for? Just go to Bridge Day and have a good time, it's pretty easy.Wink

-Edited my shit grammar

(This post was edited by Stomper2k5 on Aug 4, 2017, 5:58 AM)

Huck

Aug 4, 2017, 8:09 AM
Post #5 of 9 (966 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Stomper2k5] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

And if base jumper could have banded together we could have used BRIDGE DAY DEBACLE to spring board too more places with more frequent jumping.....

But no.... Too many individuals that need a common voice.

baronn

Aug 4, 2017, 9:47 AM
Post #6 of 9 (928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Huck] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

The REALLY sad part is it would have only taken 1 time of nobody showing to make a real and lasting difference. Instead, you get justification for the ongoing behavior that continues. 1 day? A 6 hr window? Pay to be there? WTF? This wude be a non-event without the jumpers. Don't believe that? Make me a liar and just try it. Once

Stomper2k5

Aug 7, 2017, 6:23 AM
Post #7 of 9 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] Bridge Day 2017 Registration Open [In reply to] Can't Post

baronn wrote:
The REALLY sad part is it would have only taken 1 time of nobody showing to make a real and lasting difference. Instead, you get justification for the ongoing behavior that continues. 1 day? A 6 hr window? Pay to be there? WTF? This wude be a non-event without the jumpers. Don't believe that? Make me a liar and just try it. Once
So why are we entitled to more than that? Bridge Day is a for profit event, it's not "base jumpers are some kick ass people so lets create an event for them and give it to them Day" The vast majority of us including myself did not attend with the boycott in mind, and people still went. Get over it. People are going to go to Bridge Day every year regardless of how you or I feel about it. We boycotted due to the fingerprinting, they listened, and ended up with less screening than previous years. So at this point you're just bitching about what you feel we're entitled to. FWIW, I have zero skin in this. I could care less if you come to Bridge Day or not, but I'm going to go have a good time with my broskies this year. Isn't that what this sport's about anyway?

baronn

Aug 7, 2017, 8:53 PM
Post #8 of 9 (605 views)
Shortcut

Like you, I have 0 skin in this. If it continues or stops tomorrow, It won't matter to me. As a Free citizen in this country, I will defend anybodies choice for how they choose to spend their time. Where you and I differ, is in what can be considered a real "change:" for BD. If a real boycott had been allowed to happen, a real change mite have occurred. At this point, we may never know. If you are the kind of person that is willing to accept the over reaching and restrictive policies at this event, power to ya. I (and many other's) don't share those low standards and choose to not participate. Glad you had a great time last year. I guarantee these band of bullies with a badge are scheming new ways to make a criminal out of you. If yer stupid enuff to keep takin the bait, they're smart enuff to keep waving it under yer nose.

baronn

Aug 9, 2017, 7:23 AM
Post #9 of 9 (307 views)
Shortcut

Did you have to show an ID? Did you have to register? Was there a fee? Did the rates at the hotel change for that day and event? Was the local LEO (City, County, State) present? Why were they there? Was the NPS there? Again, why? Last time I checked, the only time I've ever seen this type of activity is when they think a crime may be committed. Just who decided these organizations shude be in charge of an activity that is free and unregulated elsewhere? Just because they have made this a royal PITA in the past and then scaled back a bit because there was a real threat to it not happening because so many were fed up with their behavior. Never ceases to amaze me how accepting some folks are about having personal freedoms completely stomped on......

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media