Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
SF Hilton Arrest
Premier Sponsor:

Phillbo

Mar 3, 2017, 8:34 AM
Post #1 of 13 (3607 views)
Shortcut
SF Hilton Arrest Can't Post

Sounds like there is a female still outstanding.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/2-Men-Arrested-For-Parachuting-Off-Hilton-Hotel-Tower-in-San-Francisco-Search-Underway-for-Third-Suspect-415096663.html

TomAiello

Mar 3, 2017, 9:00 AM
Post #2 of 13 (3579 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Phillbo] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm guessing the felony conspiracy charge is the DA's way of trying to get them to turn in the third jumper.

Zebu

Mar 3, 2017, 3:38 PM
Post #3 of 13 (3334 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

TomAiello wrote:
I'm guessing the felony conspiracy charge is the DA's way of trying to get them to turn in the third jumper.

Fuck that makes me so mad. We are too lazy to have to do our job? Let's make someone pay for their crime AND extra time unless they rat out on their friends :/

DFR

Mar 7, 2017, 4:01 PM
Post #4 of 13 (2851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zebu] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

Last I heard, felony charges have been dropped and the girl is still at large.

base570

Mar 9, 2017, 6:51 PM
Post #5 of 13 (2362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zebu] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

Zebu wrote:
TomAiello wrote:

Fuck that makes me so mad. We are too lazy to have to do our job? Let's make someone pay for their crime AND extra time unless they rat out on their friends :/

Me too! But why in the hell did they land next to a police sub-station? That seems like a lazy reconnaissance job to me.

How do they know a female jumped as well?

DFR

Mar 9, 2017, 8:13 PM
Post #6 of 13 (2335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base570] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

base570 wrote:
Me too! But why in the hell did they land next to a police sub-station? That seems like a lazy reconnaissance job to me.

Theres one side of the B you can jump from. One good street to land on. other streets are either steep or have electric bus lines. The police sub-station is ~2 blocks away and once street down from the safest LZ. Not too many other options.

base570 wrote:
How do they know a female jumped as well?

Security cameras all over that hotel and in the stairs. Or seeing three parachutes coming down but only being able to nab two.

kenny123

Mar 13, 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #7 of 13 (2047 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DFR] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah. You can't felony conspire to commit a misdemeanor. That's like being arrested for felony conspiracy to not pay the parking meter. It's flagrant overcharging just to bring them to jail for the night for an un-arrestable offense. Probably wouldn't have happened had the news not shown up to sensationalize it (either that or the jumpers were dicks to the cops). Super gay, but cops enjoy immunity from consequence for these decisions.

Maybe this will inspire these jumpers to reach out to the locals and do some research before burning objects already on fire.

nicrussell

Mar 13, 2017, 10:56 AM
Post #8 of 13 (2001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kenny123] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

(at least) One of the jumpers is very local. I have been detained by police here twice with a handcuffs once. Just a stern talking to. But those were different cops.

Halfpastniner

Mar 14, 2017, 8:00 AM
Post #9 of 13 (1784 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kenny123] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup - pretty much how cops seem to do business. I had an accident in 2015 and once I could walk again they arrested me for felony burglary. Then they dropped to felony trespass, then I finally pleaded to a deferred sentence. Just have to finish out probation then the charge will be withdrawn then I can file to expunge from my record.

It was overall a huge and expensive pain in the ass for me, and was I assume the same for the taxpayers. They blatantly over-charge then offer you a "deal", knowing it won't be worth it to take it to court and fight it. Thanks for keeping the community safe DPD.

(This post was edited by Halfpastniner on Mar 15, 2017, 9:41 AM)

blitzkrieg

Mar 15, 2017, 5:32 AM
Post #10 of 13 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicrussell] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

i met a cop once in SF upon landing...

"how high is that building so i can tell my friends"

Tongue

AdamLanes

Mar 15, 2017, 6:30 AM
Post #11 of 13 (1384 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Halfpastniner] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

Isnt that the same as blackmail?

TomAiello

Mar 15, 2017, 6:55 AM
Post #12 of 13 (1363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AdamLanes] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

AdamLanes wrote:
Isnt that the same as blackmail?

But if the government does it it's just called "keeping you safe".

BASEMenace2

Mar 19, 2017, 5:49 PM
Post #13 of 13 (838 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blitzkrieg] SF Hilton Arrest [In reply to] Can't Post

same

SF is pretty liberal. If you watch the new stories on this one, the local media is kinda defending the jumpers...which is pretty cool.

Cops there have much more to worry about than kids with parachutes. Go take acid near Haight and wander around all night, scary shit.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media