Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Affordable helicopter insurance for Utah/co/az/Nm
Premier Sponsor:

prdstmnky

Feb 13, 2017, 2:36 PM
Post #1 of 2 (631 views)
Shortcut
Affordable helicopter insurance for Utah/co/az/Nm Can't Post

For the past four years Classic Air Medical has supported American BASE jumpers in a big way. Recently they have offered to support us even further.

First of all, Classic Air medical is a helicopter rescue company that provides services in Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico (I can provide exact locations, but check out their site).
Classiceairmedical.com

In the past coverage cost somewhere in the ballpark of $60 to $100, relatively in expensive bc without their coverage the rescue WILL AND HAS cost tens of thousands of dollars. They now offer a discount to BASE jumpers (how awesome is that?!). They offer a year long plan to BASE jumpers for $40. In order for the rate to apply, or any rate, you must have health insurance. If you're interested or have questions you can contact me, I am not on this site often however. The discount code is BASE33.

At the turkey boogie fundraiser many of you showed extreme interest in making this happen. Many of you even got the coverage then and there. Well now it is even more affordable. I do not work for this company, there is nothing in it for me.

I am interested in people's thoughts or reactions to this bc it is not the only company I'm talking too. Also, as the fundraiser has grown I have more and more contacts with varying potential for the community. Just because I feel something is a good idea certainly does not mean I am right. If you have concerns or other ideas, I would love to hear. I'm more interested in doing what is best for the community long term, that when appears to be good on the surface or at first thought. Plus, I'm. It all that intelligent, so do the thinking for me. In other parts of the world, Heli insurance and similar is required. At very least I think we should get word out there that there is coverage that applies to us.

A tremendous thanks to Ryan cutter for making this happen!

Thoughts?

Matt Laj

seldomseen_mark

Feb 13, 2017, 7:40 PM
Post #2 of 2 (545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prdstmnky] Affordable helicopter insurance for Utah/co/az/Nm [In reply to] Can't Post

To add to this Matt it covers more. Yes you do need to already have an health insurance policy.

But it will also cover you too if you end up in some small little clinic, diagnosed with an Appy and need to be air lifted for surgery.
For one year, if for any reason you required air medical resources for treatment of life threatening issues, you're covered along with fucking up your next base jump.

Just my 3cents.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media