Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Trumps Base Rigs
Premier Sponsor:

Hanzo

Jan 4, 2017, 2:46 PM
Post #1 of 9 (1782 views)
Shortcut
Trumps Base Rigs Can't Post

Trump has said in the past the he and some of h is employees in the top floors of trump towers had "parachute systems" in case of anything like 9/11 happening again. Anyone know who provided them? The manufacturer I mean.

platypii

Jan 4, 2017, 3:00 PM
Post #2 of 9 (1760 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hanzo] Trumps Base Rigs [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.sosparachute.com/es/site/home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djEiXTNnK6E

5 cell BASE canopy in a velcro container

T_C

Jan 4, 2017, 4:13 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1709 views)
Shortcut
Re: [platypii] Trumps Base Rigs [In reply to] Can't Post

These are priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmq2GneDSvA

On the plus side, the instructional videos make mentors & FJCs obsolete.

MrAW

Jan 4, 2017, 5:30 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1661 views)
Shortcut

There was a small industry that sprung up in the aftermath of 9/11 for high-rise rescue systems.
From memory one system was a cable that reached to the ground, which you would clip on to before jumping and deploy a roundie to slow descent.

TomAiello

Jan 6, 2017, 1:18 AM
Post #5 of 9 (1311 views)
Shortcut

I believe that Basic Research (now Apex) supplied a system to several high rise properties in NYC. I'm not sure if Trump Tower was one of them or not.

beerdrinker

Jan 7, 2017, 8:09 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Trumps Base Rigs [In reply to] Can't Post

If Trump got an off-heading he would definitely blame the packjob.

try2live

Jan 7, 2017, 9:32 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [beerdrinker] Trumps Base Rigs [In reply to] Can't Post

Not true. He would blame China and then mexicans. Then threaten to build a wall to protect all the other base jumpers from the bad rapists. All of this would of course be written in a cryptic tweet to ensure he stays within the 140 letter criteria of twitter. The masses would go wild.

base44

Jan 8, 2017, 9:01 AM
Post #8 of 9 (932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [try2live] Trumps Base Rigs [In reply to] Can't Post

try2live wrote:
Not true. He would blame China and then mexicans. Then threaten to build a wall to protect all the other base jumpers from the bad rapists. All of this would of course be written in a cryptic tweet to ensure he stays within the 140 letter criteria of twitter. The masses would go wild.

So says the wannabe Hollywood hero who hopefully packs better than he thinks.

Zebu

Jan 9, 2017, 11:49 AM
Post #9 of 9 (719 views)
Shortcut

Maybe he would stop NPS from using illegal aerial delivery to prosecute BASE jumpers? That'd make 2 things on my list of "what could I possibly not hate about this election". The only one currently being the dow jones index and S&P 500 spikes after the election. Sigh...that one is only good because it's most of my TSP allocation...which I'm sure will need to be changed quite soon after that bubble gets too big.

Shame there's not enough people that care to even get it in the public eye. If I could actually get permits to jump in yosemite, I'd feel a bit better about this mess.

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media