Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3
Premier Sponsor:

hjumper33
Dec 26, 2016, 3:52 PM
Post #1 of 21 (2839 views)
Shortcut
Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 Can't Post

https://www.asylumbase.com/

Woke up this afternoon and saw this. Kind of a merging of old school and new school approaches to BASE. Im sure squirrel will benefit from having another 25+ years of BASE experience on their side, and Marty will finally have time to pursue a lot of back burner projects (like the vented seven ive been bugging him to put into mass production for the last 5 years). Should be a pretty cool collaboration from some really great people!

platypii

Dec 26, 2016, 7:32 PM
Post #2 of 21 (2749 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow that's huge! Asylum and Squirrel are both amazing in different ways.

I hope that this partnership leads to rapidly advancing gear technology thanks to squirrel, with the experience and attention to detail of Marty.

TomAiello

Dec 26, 2016, 7:49 PM
Post #3 of 21 (2738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone know if they will be making standard A/V pilot chutes, or just Snatches?

I'm going to be super annoyed if this means we lose Toxics (which are, in my opinion, hands down better than Snatches) and good cheap PCs.

smak

Dec 26, 2016, 10:19 PM
Post #4 of 21 (2665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

same here..

think i may have been the first to pioneer the radioactive patterned toxic and would be pretty gutted if i couldn't score myself one of the rasta toxic's i just saw on the page linked.

oh yeah they open straight and fast too.

jtholmes

Dec 27, 2016, 12:22 AM
Post #5 of 21 (2624 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, BOOhoo, Tom. Only you could read this awesome news and find something to get "super annoyed" about.

Turn that frown upside down. Have some optimism with your coffee tomorrow and don't cry over milk that has not even spilt.

smak

Dec 27, 2016, 4:43 AM
Post #6 of 21 (2553 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtholmes] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

jtholmes wrote:
Oh, BOOhoo, Tom. Only you could read this awesome news and find something to get "super annoyed" about.

Turn that frown upside down. Have some optimism with your coffee tomorrow and don't cry over milk that has not even spilt.

(This post was edited by smak on Dec 27, 2016, 10:59 PM)

hjumper33
Dec 27, 2016, 5:52 AM
Post #7 of 21 (2520 views)
Shortcut

I have it on good authority that toxics arent going anywhere. Marty is pretty excited because he gets a lot of automony still, and plans to produce gear from his own shop in Auburn just as he always has. Im sure the squirrel factory will up the speed of production on asylum canopies immensely. Ive been saying it since I had original seven vented by nick burden several years ago, the vented seven is my all time favorite canopy, and im super stoked that a lot more people are going to get to experience that as well!

hookitt

Dec 27, 2016, 11:39 AM
Post #8 of 21 (2392 views)
Shortcut

I'm super happy to see the official announcement. I don't need any more BASE gear but I kinda wish I did!

I have the first Nic Burden vented Feather and was able to show it off in front of Marty several Months back. It has become my favorite canooy. It's a little snappy slider down but once I was used to the timing, it felt just fine. I'll be very curious to see what vents he ends up using in production.

Ideally, I'd like to have a Se7en/Feather hybrid.

More Useless information: The second Vented Feather was made the same day a couple hours later.

Congratulations to both manufacturers. It's a big move and I think it will be a great one.

MattvB91

Dec 27, 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #9 of 21 (2328 views)
Shortcut

Nice that is awesome!

Bealio

Dec 27, 2016, 7:12 PM
Post #10 of 21 (2198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hookitt] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

hookitt wrote:
Ideally, I'd like to have a Se7en/Feather hybrid.

Can you explain?

(This post was edited by Bealio on Dec 28, 2016, 5:08 AM)

hjumper33
Dec 27, 2016, 7:46 PM
Post #11 of 21 (2182 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bealio] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Muchard just got exactly this if you want to see one. I can't remember the exact combo of fabrics, but it's about half and half standard f111 and lightweight, vented, with a zp nose. 260 that packs about a size and a half smaller even with the vents.

SLAMBO

Dec 27, 2016, 7:53 PM
Post #12 of 21 (2176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bealio] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Bad grammar/sentence structure.

SLAMBO

Dec 27, 2016, 7:54 PM
Post #13 of 21 (2175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jtholmes] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh Tom...

jasonnever

Dec 27, 2016, 10:13 PM
Post #14 of 21 (2136 views)
Shortcut

No

TransientCW

Dec 29, 2016, 7:53 PM
Post #15 of 21 (1757 views)
Shortcut

im rock hard and literally jacking off onto my keyboard as i type (i can type one handed quite well)
This orgy of BASE manufacturers and industry geniuses is really doing it for me!

will we potentially see a toxic snatch soon?

hjumper33
Dec 30, 2016, 5:40 AM
Post #16 of 21 (1631 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got a feeling you've seen a lifetimes supply of toxic snatch already!

basehoundsam

Dec 30, 2016, 7:04 AM
Post #17 of 21 (1603 views)
Shortcut

Seriously funny &#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;&#11014;&#65039;

dan_inagap

Dec 30, 2016, 8:51 AM
Post #18 of 21 (1551 views)
Shortcut

Great news, I'm excited to see what comes out of the merger Smile

Can I get the last batch of Asylum stickers you have please Laugh

blitzkrieg

Jan 7, 2017, 2:46 PM
Post #19 of 21 (987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hookitt] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

hookitt wrote:
I have the first Nic Burden vented Feather...

More Useless information: The second Vented Feather was made the same day a couple hours later.

Yes, i have #2 and it's awesome. however, i will probably sell it because it's a 260 and i prefer the larger canopies these days. :P

hookitt

Jan 8, 2017, 9:30 PM
Post #20 of 21 (816 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blitzkrieg] Old school and new school join forces. Asylum + Squirrel = <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

blitzkrieg wrote:
hookitt wrote:
I have the first Nic Burden vented Feather...

Yes, i have #2 and it's awesome. however, i will probably sell it because it's a 260 and i prefer the larger canopies these days. :P

Ah bummer! Mine is a 240 which is appropriate for my size. after I dialed it in a bit, I really like it.

kleggo

Jan 10, 2017, 3:12 PM
Post #21 of 21 (592 views)
Shortcut

TomAiello wrote:
Does anyone know if they will be making standard A/V pilot chutes, or just Snatches?

I'm going to be super annoyed if this means we lose Toxics (which are, in my opinion, hands down better than Snatches) and good cheap PCs.

Martin does, give him a call next week.
He's currently OOLoft

https://www.asylumbase.com/news/

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media