Shortcut
A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS Can't Post

Get one!

Wink

BASE1817

Dec 10, 2016, 8:03 AM
Post #2 of 41 (5617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASE1817] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

Had only 2 skydives with it, but I was averaging a GR of 1.7 with a peak of 2.4. I havent even scratched the surface of what this suit is capable of.

It's a BEAST!

Flies very stable (as I'm used to with PF-products), pressurization is rocksolid, workmanship is flawless!

Zebu

Dec 12, 2016, 8:33 AM
Post #3 of 41 (5157 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BASE1817] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you talking about the PTS or is there a new PF tracking suit not on their website?

maretus

Dec 12, 2016, 8:49 AM
Post #4 of 41 (5140 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zebu] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

Zebu wrote:
Are you talking about the PTS or is there a new PF tracking suit not on their website?

http://phoenix-fly.com/portfolio/onesie/.

BASE1817

Dec 12, 2016, 9:11 AM
Post #5 of 41 (5120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [maretus] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

maretus wrote:
Zebu wrote:

http://phoenix-fly.com/portfolio/onesie/.

Markus beat me to it. Thanks! Smile

baseDragon

Dec 13, 2016, 12:59 PM
Post #6 of 41 (4826 views)
Shortcut

How does the Phoenix-fly Onesie compare with the other one piece suits?

BASE1817

Dec 13, 2016, 11:31 PM
Post #7 of 41 (4663 views)
Shortcut
Re: [baseDragon] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only put two skydives on a Sausage and no BASEjumps, so it wouldnt be fair for me to compare. The first jump with it was a pretty wild ride, but the fit of the suit was also very bad. So there's that.

What i can say though is that the Onesie seems to have them all beat in terms of sheer size.

I should have a few jumps from cliffs soon and will let you know my impressions.

wasatchrider

Dec 14, 2016, 6:54 AM
Post #8 of 41 (4551 views)
Shortcut

I think other companies have proven that the suits with the most sheer size are not always the fastest or have the best performance but it will be interesting to here everyones thoughts and see some comparisons

BASE1817

Dec 14, 2016, 10:45 PM
Post #9 of 41 (4347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wasatchrider] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont argue that, just what I observed. There were a few wingsuiters at the dropzone, when i geared up they came over to talk to me. Then they realized I put on a Tracksuit. Laugh

(This post was edited by BASE1817 on Dec 23, 2016, 1:03 PM)

BASE1817

Dec 23, 2016, 1:07 PM
Post #10 of 41 (3624 views)
Shortcut

Got the chance to put a few jumps on it at Monte Brento, who's familiar with the place, I tracked over the sunplate and still landed on the main landing area. This after a fully fucked up exit.

I still have to practice a whole lot more, but I'm pretty confident there will be great things happening in the future.

No video because I'm cool like that.

Cool

hjumper33
Dec 24, 2016, 6:50 PM
Post #11 of 41 (3444 views)
Shortcut

I miss the good old days where no one had video, and everyone flew a v1 at 3:1 ;)

Was your fucked up start something you fucked up, or are you just learning how the suit likes to start? One of the things that sold me on one pieces was seeing how impressively fast some of the homemade Frenchy suits and the cruise were starting with a nice run up.

One piece tracksuit wars might be the new wingsuit wars. Ill be very interested to see where this all goes in the next few years. Im just skydiving the sausage for the winter, but man, all these new one pieces have pretty shocking performance. Backflying next to a funk in a tracksuit is not something I ever thought Id be doing.

BASE1817

Dec 24, 2016, 11:35 PM
Post #12 of 41 (3400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

That comment was to be expected, no hard feelings! Wink

Completely fucked up myself, tried a more "wingsuit-style"-exit going straight into track position when my foot left the rock, but only ended up going head-low. Usually have some problems with speed-management since apparently i just like going too flat, but it just seemed what it likes/liked. I'm working on that.

Valley today with my best mate in his Sausage, Tuesday there will be more skydiving.

I didnt go for the backfly-inlets as per Robi's recommendation so wont be able to deliver anything in that regard.

Also had a chat with Jarno which gave me another few pointers. I'm still less than ten jumps in, still lots of practice to be done, but things are starting to click nicer and nicer with every subsequent jump.

If anyone's noticed, I gave up on the whole squirrel-bashing (always, and i mean ALWAYS in response to fanboys of the other camps attacks). If you enjoy your Vietnam little boys and girls made suits, more power to you! I just like the genuine inventors that produce at home, at factories I've had the pleasure to visit and see where the magic happens.

I'll keep this thread going and update whenever I feel the need to. Eventually there will also be video, outside at least as I've started jumping my G3 in the BASE-environment because I've also started fucking around with a Flysight that i got together with (and for) the Onesie.

This suit has soooo much potential. I feel like a little kid in a candyshop, totally overwhelmed by what is possible. As I stated before, MUCH more practice is needed to even get a feel for it's real capabilities.

Smile

(This post was edited by BASE1817 on Dec 25, 2016, 3:32 PM)

wasatchrider

Dec 25, 2016, 12:15 AM
Post #13 of 41 (3385 views)
Shortcut

Vietnamese girls and boys need jobs too.

Heat

Dec 25, 2016, 2:31 AM
Post #14 of 41 (3356 views)
Shortcut

Boasts about giving up squirrel bashing -> proceeds to bash squirrel

LolLaugh

hjumper33
Dec 25, 2016, 4:01 AM
Post #15 of 41 (3331 views)
Shortcut

Yah, brand wars were way more fun when you could look at a suit and instantly tell who made it. I guess people kind of figured out what worked the best performance wise, and it got hard to bad mouth other suits since they looked and performed pretty darn similar.

I just hope whenever you see anyone in Europe flying an Ozone paraglider, you remind them that they are not made by genuine inventors and that little Vietnamese children make them.

Back to the original point, ill be really interested to see where track suits go, because I can see a lot of potential for innovation and development of a single piece suit, or even something like the split tail tony suit that won a base race last year. Im going to spend the winter skydiving mine and hopefully see what it can really do come spring.

BASE1817

Dec 25, 2016, 3:47 PM
Post #16 of 41 (3184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hjumper33] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont know if you've noticed, but Paragliding is gay. And european paragliders are very gay, not even in the good, old fashioned bear-style gay, but Brüno-gay.

I've managed to cross river from Flowerbox today, and still pulled plenty high, but I'm a chicken, 10th jump in total sky- and BASE. I'm having so much fun I want to hump a dog, which is still less gay than paragliding.

Didnt I bash Squirrel before and never mentioned Ozone?

(This post was edited by BASE1817 on Dec 25, 2016, 3:54 PM)

hjumper33
Dec 25, 2016, 6:25 PM
Post #17 of 41 (3148 views)
Shortcut

Who still jumps flower box? ;) Like 2008 all over again. And the real name of Via Ferrata is definitely Mighty Penis, and always will be.

And yes, paragliding is gay, but speedflying is pretty fun.

(This post was edited by hjumper33 on Dec 25, 2016, 6:26 PM)

Bealio

Dec 26, 2016, 8:59 PM
Post #18 of 41 (2974 views)
Shortcut

Didn't you hang glide back in the day? You don't speedfly! Liar!!!

jtholmes

Dec 27, 2016, 12:34 AM
Post #19 of 41 (2935 views)
Shortcut

I achieved a 1.8 bravo with max GR LTD+ of 9.1 tango deuce on the V2 onesie from Robi.

Anyone been able to match that?

hjumper33
Dec 27, 2016, 7:55 AM
Post #20 of 41 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bealio] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

Bealio wrote:
Didn't you hang glide back in the day? You don't speedfly! Liar!!!

I got my H1 in 2009 I think, but never went again after the course ended. I actually did a decent amount of speed flying, but that came to an end with a nasty crash in the Remarkables in NZ in spring of 2013 on an unintentional downwind launch. Was really lucky to limp away after tomahawking so hard that only my feet were badly bruised (blew off the left shoe on the second rotation), and my helmet was cracked. I said to myself "I don't like this enough to justify how dangerous it is". And that was the last time I flew a speedwing.

Hows that for a tangent!

Lau

Dec 27, 2016, 9:12 AM
Post #21 of 41 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Moderator, could we please move this post to another thread - way off topic. I suggest you title it: "I tried going gay, and sucked at it"

BASE1817

Dec 27, 2016, 9:55 AM
Post #22 of 41 (2795 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lau] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

I created this thread for those with an interest in the Onesie. Just a little more information than what is available at the moment (which is none). If you feel the need to clutter it up with cute shit-talking, please feel free to do so, because then I will stop bothering and just not give a shit.

Thank you for your consideration.

TomAiello

Dec 27, 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #23 of 41 (2743 views)
Shortcut

Can you post some photos, please?

And if you have any hard numbers on GR or start arc in the BASE environment, that would be fantastic as well. I've seen the numbers from aircraft so up and down that I don't really trust them very much.

Thanks!

(This post was edited by TomAiello on Dec 27, 2016, 11:42 AM)

BASE1817

Dec 27, 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #24 of 41 (2724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] A little word about the Phoenix-Fly Onesie TS [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be in the mountains again in the coming few days, there's a chance for video or stills being available. Not doing videos myself, because, well, I'm cool like that. Unimpressed

flooooooo

Dec 27, 2016, 12:35 PM
Post #25 of 41 (2700 views)
Shortcut

just tell them you lost your gopro(s), doesnt matter, ill take outside video for you ;)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : BASE Technical

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media