Forums: BASE Jumping: General BASE:
Important Notice for Lauterbrunnen BASE Jumpers
Premier Sponsor:

idemallie
Jan 4, 2016, 9:59 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2189 views)
Shortcut
Important Notice for Lauterbrunnen BASE Jumpers Can't Post

This was put on the SBA Facebook page yesterday.

In reply to:
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR LAUTERBRUNNEN BASE JUMPERS

Today, i've got a call from the director of operations at AIR GLACIERS after one of two jumpers that exited from STAUBBACH without calling AIR GLACIERS prior to jump, broke his femur and had to be hospitalized.

Other jumpers exited La Mousse without calling AIR GLACIERS for clearing. Lately we notice a increase in the amount of jumps done from exits that lay within the control zone of the AIR GLACIER BASE without calling them and asking for clearance.

1: Please - DO NOT jump any of the STAUBBACH exits. NEVER. They are CLOSED.

2: Please - ALWAYS call AIR GLACIERS with NO EXCEPTIONS on 033 856 05 60 (+4133 856 05 60 from int. phone) before any jumps from the following exits:

YELLOW OCEAN - LA MOUSSE - HIGH LA MOUSSE - ALL NOSE EXITS - DUMPSTER

On calling, communicate the following:
Exit
Number of jumpers
Slick/track/wingsuit
If it's HIGH LA MOUSSE the line of flight right/left.

Be aware: Once the clearance is given, you are expected to jump in the next two minutes.

We wish you a fantastic 2016 with lots of safe jumps and we say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH" for buying the new landing card, for complying to the few rules and regulations and for being nice and behaving like real sportsmen. This will help to keep the valley a FREE PLACE for our passion.

THANK YOU for sharing

robi caspani - swiss base association local contact

(This post was edited by idemallie on Jan 4, 2016, 10:01 AM)

seeya

Jan 26, 2016, 8:13 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [idemallie] Important Notice for Lauterbrunnen BASE Jumpers [In reply to] Can't Post

should we be calling before jumping Melkstuhl ? I don't see it listed here , but it does say to call on the SBA page -

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media