First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

bluhdow

Jul 18, 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #26 of 58 (5610 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Huck] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Basically, my BASE instructor is a dumbass."

Nailed it.

This almost seems like a joke. Danger BASE? #DANGER_ZONE? Professor of Adventure? It's like a caricature of a BASE edit.

Pretty f*cking whack if you ask me.

Edited because I misspelled "f*cking."

(This post was edited by bluhdow on Jul 18, 2014, 12:05 PM)

TransientCW

Jul 18, 2014, 2:28 PM
Post #27 of 58 (5530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bluhdow] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

that was the lamest video ive ever seen. no points are awarded, and we will never get those precious two minutes back. may god have mercy on your pathetic souls!

Dadsy

Jul 18, 2014, 6:48 PM
Post #28 of 58 (5456 views)
Shortcut

If the Professor of Adventure is teaching people we have more than a ethics problem

SubTerminallyill

Jul 18, 2014, 9:31 PM
Post #29 of 58 (5415 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

The Professor of adventure is back!!

BigfcknG

Jul 19, 2014, 1:14 AM
Post #30 of 58 (5357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dadsy] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree. Prime examples right here..

http://www.epictv.com/...-3/277831?header_b=1

And then these dickholes....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...ny-market-place.html

Some of my favourite quotes:

'We have military laser range-finding equipment'

'It does get very scientific'.

Talk it up wankers.

If this is the future of peoples ideas of ethics then we are clearly fucked.

Shredex

Jul 19, 2014, 4:47 AM
Post #31 of 58 (5326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel like there should be some secretive board where people can upload their underground shit to. So at least they have the satisfaction of other base jumpers seeing it without uploading to FB or publicly to youtube.
Not sure if this would help reduce the publicity people bring to the sport...But one thing is for sure, I do love watching the underground shit.
Douggs even recently uploaded a chase he got in...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9Zcdu0VWI
and his troll wall bust, but I guess when you're busted you're busted lol

(This post was edited by Shredex on Jul 19, 2014, 4:48 AM)

TomAiello

Jul 19, 2014, 8:56 AM
Post #32 of 58 (5263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shredex] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

All I had to do was click on the link and see the name...that pretty much explained everything right there.

No amount of reasoning is ever going to reach "The Professor of Adventure."

base570

Jul 19, 2014, 9:49 AM
Post #33 of 58 (5243 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Shredex] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Shredex wrote:
Douggs even recently uploaded a chase he got in...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg9Zcdu0VWI
and his troll wall bust, but I guess when you're busted you're busted lol

I guess I should be posting SWIM's jump from the same building the night before.... much better chase footage and B fly through!

RayLosli

Jul 19, 2014, 2:11 PM
Post #34 of 58 (5158 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base570] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya but Douggs is the daddy and deviation from the common rule, Motherfucker just keeps on rolling, anomaly and exception to the Rule by rights earned .
As far as I am concerned, he can YouTube whatever the fuck he wants . he has eared it with the years he has put into it with working his ass off to gain the respect he gets . Respect in BASE is just not handed to you overnight or from just YouTubing it .

Shredex

Jul 19, 2014, 2:27 PM
Post #35 of 58 (5151 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base570] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

base570 wrote:
I guess I should be posting SWIM's jump from the same building the night before.... much better chase footage and B fly through!

I'll take it in a PM :P

MrHey

Jul 19, 2014, 5:49 PM
Post #36 of 58 (5083 views)
Shortcut
Re: Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Monkey see, monkey do.

If the 'stars' are posting illegal jumps, new jumpers will too.

(This post was edited by MrHey on Jul 20, 2014, 2:29 AM)

Bealio

Jul 19, 2014, 6:29 PM
Post #37 of 58 (5073 views)
Shortcut
Ethics [In reply to] Can't Post

Stop being pussies. Go tar and feather someone if they're fucking with your shit. I'm gonna star dayblazing your shit cause I know all you guys will do is cry about it on online.

OuttaBounZ

Jul 19, 2014, 11:12 PM
Post #38 of 58 (4994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bealio] Ethics [In reply to] Can't Post

Bealio wrote:
Stop being pussies. Go tar and feather someone if they're fucking with your shit. I'm gonna star dayblazing your shit cause I know all you guys will do is cry about it on online.
lol

dandandan

Jul 20, 2014, 8:07 AM
Post #39 of 58 (4888 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

unfortunately, Tom is right. Anyone who has ever had a conversation with "the professor of adventure" (it almost hurts to ACTUALLY call him that) knows that there simply is no getting through to him.

this guy has quite a resumé.
- He has hit camelback in free fall after trying to jump it solo instead of taking a local (who OFFERED TO GUIDE HIM!!!) shattered both legs after JUMPING THE WRONG EXIT POINT!
-vowed to quit BASE while in the hospital from that one
-Kicked out of angel BASE in twin falls for bringing over stolen food
-asked for "tips" (begged) from pedestrians at the bridge to "put on a show" for them
-never donated to the boat driver, then bragged about it
-admitting to tricking people out of money

and now just because he has been in the sport for a while he feels he is qualified to TEACH!?! his own student said that a teacher should understand how to teach. this is crazy.

the screenshot I attached is the most out of this world part of the whole thing in my opinion. He wants people to sign up! like he's running a legitimate business! oh god, I didn't even think about that! is he making these poor souls PAY for this service?
Attachments: Screen Shot 2014-07-20 at 10.36.43 AM.png (97.2 KB)

Zebu

Jul 20, 2014, 2:41 PM
Post #40 of 58 (4768 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dandandan] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

dandandan wrote:
the screenshot I attached is the most out of this world part of the whole thing in my opinion. He wants people to sign up! like he's running a legitimate business! oh god, I didn't even think about that! is he making these poor souls PAY for this service?

That's beyond just being an idiot. Someone close enough to him should put their foot down on that. He'll get someone fucked up or worse.

TomAiello

Jul 20, 2014, 8:15 PM
Post #41 of 58 (4665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Zebu] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Zebu wrote:
That's beyond just being an idiot. Someone close enough to him should put their foot down on that. He'll get someone fucked up or worse.

The people close to him already had him involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility (from which he escaped). I doubt they're going to be able to "put their foot down."

Zebu

Jul 20, 2014, 8:46 PM
Post #42 of 58 (4657 views)
Shortcut

TomAiello wrote:
Zebu wrote:

The people close to him already had him involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility (from which he escaped). I doubt they're going to be able to "put their foot down."

Wow Crazy...fair enough...

base570

Jul 20, 2014, 10:16 PM
Post #43 of 58 (4621 views)
Shortcut

TomAiello wrote:
Zebu wrote:

You have to kind of question the type of people who would trust this guy with their lives. Crazy

tunnelvision9

Jul 21, 2014, 9:01 AM
Post #44 of 58 (4392 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dandandan] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering he was getting tourists to give him money to jump in Twin by "putting on a show", im sure he is charging for his "teaching" services Crazy What I don't understand is that anyone who has talked to him for more than 1 hour still decided to go on a "course" with him :/ This is the same guy who nobody trusted to let him PCA them in Twin.

Dunny

Jul 21, 2014, 9:13 AM
Post #45 of 58 (4382 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tunnelvision9] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been transmitting live go pro footage lately using FPV stuff and it works really good for the groundcrew. I was hoping somebody may be able to do a live broadcast on internet video of "the" tar & feather of said Professor? Smile

Huck

Jul 21, 2014, 10:24 AM
Post #46 of 58 (4338 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dunny] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

So like a Pay per view !!! Awesome Idea and then after the people pay top dollar for the live feed, we can see how many youtube hits we get?

I heard we get paid after 30,000 hits !

(this comment was made semi sarcastic, with a lot of karma attached to it)

RiggerLee

Jul 21, 2014, 1:53 PM
Post #47 of 58 (4257 views)
Shortcut

Fuck sarcasm, A Lot of people would pay to watch that live. Will we be able to down load the video so we can watch it over and over again. I'm not a tec guy. Will I need any special software or to sign up for a service to view it?

Let us know so we can be ready.

Lee

BigfcknG

Jul 21, 2014, 11:21 PM
Post #48 of 58 (4103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dunny] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Can I pay with Paypal?

surfers98

Jul 22, 2014, 12:01 AM
Post #49 of 58 (4092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where do I mail the check?

REDAKTOR

Jul 22, 2014, 2:57 AM
Post #50 of 58 (4026 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surfers98] Ethics...... [In reply to] Can't Post

Physical harm threats, as well as guarantees to destroy their gear if spotted anywhere on objects does wonders for base ethicsWink

We had a bad case just over a year ago, and after above said, I haven't heard or seen from the guy at all. And he did do over 70 jumps in the city during that timeLaugh

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media