BASE Jumping, it's a martial art!
Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dride

May 11, 2012, 3:44 PM
Post #26 of 48 (7208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nicholas1990] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

hoooooollllly shiiiiiit..."a professor of adventure"? what the hell is that???????

wait i wanna say it one more time s-l-o-w-l-y "a professor of adventure" hahahahahahahahahaha

and last time "a professor of adventure"

........im done

waltappel

May 11, 2012, 4:08 PM
Post #27 of 48 (7198 views)
Shortcut

I will pass on to you two words that have been said to me repeatedly over the years: "grow up".

Makes me feel like a real hypocrite saying that to *anyone*. On the other hand, I think anyone who hears those words from *me* has reason to take a moment and think about it. You have just been advised to grow up by someone who is socially retarded.

Ok, so I'm a hypocrite, but some of the best advice comes from those who have failed miserably and learned from it.

The things that I find most striking about what I have seen from you so far are:

1. I get the sense that you figure that it's all about you.

2. Although you are willing to air your dirty laundry and say you screwed up, you seem to be remorseless.

First impressions are often wrong, but that's my first impression, so I'll go with it.

If the above *does* describe your general attitude, I can tell you from experience that in the long term it can make you very lonely. It does not work because you end up alienating the people around you because if they hang around long enough, you will shit on them sooner or later. Not necessarily intentionally, but by not considering the impact your words and actions have on others.

I'm not saying it's a good idea to run your life based on others' reactions--it's not--but if you are a socail outcast, it just might be wise to look at it as a wakeup call.

I don't have a huge number of close friends, but the few that I have are the kind who would help me move a body. If you want *have* friends like that, you've got to *be* a friend like that.

Just guessing here, but I'm thinking you are not.

There is no shortage of really awesome people in the BASE community--extreme acitivities seem to attract the best and the worst that society has to offer. Which side of the fence do you want to be on? What kind of people do you want around you when you are in deep shit?

Please think about that.

Sorry if this has turned into a lecture. I didn't mean it to be one. Just passing along some lessons learned in case you are interested in getting along better with others.

I hope you stick around and keep posting.

Walt

waltappel

May 11, 2012, 4:17 PM
Post #28 of 48 (7194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dride] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

dride wrote:
hoooooollllly shiiiiiit..."a professor of adventure"? what the hell is that???????

wait i wanna say it one more time s-l-o-w-l-y "a professor of adventure" hahahahahahahahahaha

and last time "a professor of adventure"

........im done

No you're not. I'm guessing you have latched on to that phrase like a Pit Bull and will remember it the rest of your life!

I probably will too.

There are phrases that just roll off the tongue and make imaginations go into overdrive.

"*I* am your Doctor of Love".

"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."

"Don't tase me bro!"

"*I* am a professor of adventure".

Nicolas, you have made your mark on not just the BASE community, but have created a new catch phrase.

Dride, I had already seen the video and was wowed by that phrase, but you have cemented it in my mind. Gee, thanks.Tongue

Oh, and blitzkrieg, you started this!

OuttaBounZ, my crafty friend, how about an appropriate pic for this thread?

Walt

(This post was edited by waltappel on May 11, 2012, 4:20 PM)

GreenMachine

May 12, 2012, 5:18 AM
Post #29 of 48 (7140 views)
Shortcut
Yep, both of these: [In reply to] Can't Post

BASE Jumping, it's a martial art!

I am a professor of adventure.

Had me shaking my head Unsure

yourmomma

May 12, 2012, 5:57 AM
Post #30 of 48 (7128 views)
Shortcut

You will be fine as long as you grow a mustache with that beard. Or log your animal fucking, which I'm shure you amish are loath to do; the mustache bit I mean.

(This post was edited by yourmomma on May 12, 2012, 5:59 AM)

avenfoto

May 12, 2012, 8:51 PM
Post #31 of 48 (7044 views)
Shortcut

Learn from your mistakes, professor. Go slowly, especially when alone, and always leave yourself a margin, it may save your life one day.

Good luck on your journey.

OuttaBounZ

May 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #32 of 48 (7010 views)
Shortcut
Re: [waltappel] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where do I sign up?

Nicholas1990

May 13, 2012, 9:13 AM
Post #33 of 48 (6914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [OuttaBounZ] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

LOVE THAT POSTER!!!! FUCKIN KEWL!!!! Shaved the beard had a piece of humble pie, told yuna to go suck a dick and that she is not getting an exclusive and working on the whole "growing up" thing....It's not about me and I know its not....Thanks to all who gave positive input and to those who made negative comments you really need to find a hobby....mabey you shoulod go BASE jumping? I know I will ;)

p.s. The ground is the limit

waltappel

May 13, 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #34 of 48 (6846 views)
Shortcut

Nicholas1990 wrote:
...told yuna to go suck a dick...

There *are* some no-shit, standup great reporters out there (or at least one, that I know of--Craig Lucie) but you've got to be really careful.

Check this out: clicky.

Funny, but do a search on the followup. The next day the reporter was on TV labeling herself as a crime victim (claimed she was assaulted) and the guy got arrested and charged with a felony. Just because of a stupid and harmless prank.

Reporters have their own agenda and many of them are not concerned about who their agenda hurts.

Walt

Svin

May 14, 2012, 6:16 AM
Post #35 of 48 (6755 views)
Shortcut

waltappel wrote:
Funny, but do a search on the followup. The next day the reporter was on TV labeling herself as a crime victim (claimed she was assaulted) and the guy got arrested and charged with a felony. Just because of a stupid and harmless prank.

Not to hijack the post.. but here is the follow up..
http://youtu.be/VJv0iUS1FnY

That reporter is such a dumb fucking cunt. Million bux says if it was a drunk white guy nobody would have said shit.

Back to whatever it was that was being discussed..

waltappel

May 14, 2012, 8:07 AM
Post #36 of 48 (6714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Svin] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

Svin wrote:
waltappel wrote:

Not to hijack the post.. but here is the follow up..
http://youtu.be/VJv0iUS1FnY

That reporter is such a dumb fucking cunt. Million bux says if it was a drunk white guy nobody would have said shit.

Back to whatever it was that was being discussed..

Not a hijack at all. Talking to reporters or NOT talking to reporters is a very relevant topic in this thread.

I do not think it would be a safe bet at all that a drunk white guy would have received a free pass. I do not think this was a racism thing. I think it was more a case of opportunism on the part of the reporter.

"Assaulted by an intoxicated white male" sounds as good as "assaulted by a young black male" for her purposes.

For all we know, something heinous happened off-camera, but I doubt it. I won't condemn her without getting her side of the story first but I think it likely that she is an opportunist.

I e-mailed her, asking for her side of the story and the e-mail bounced. Apparently her e-mail account has been disabled. She has probably been getting a lot of hate e-mails and threats. Hopefully she deserves them if that is the case.

Regardless of whether she was being an opportunist, I think the lesson here is clear--any dealings with a reporter can have a HUGE downside.

I hope the charges against that guy are dropped.

Walt

(This post was edited by waltappel on May 14, 2012, 8:07 AM)

Nicholas1990

May 16, 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #37 of 48 (6578 views)
Shortcut

THAT WAS BULLSHIT!!!.....HE WENT TO JAIL OVER THAT!!! Im surprised I didn't get firing squad

Svin

May 16, 2012, 7:18 AM
Post #38 of 48 (6521 views)
Shortcut

waltappel wrote:
I e-mailed her, asking for her side of the story and the e-mail bounced.

Funny.. I did the exact same thing with the same result. Crazy

In rethinking your probably right. Wouldn't matter if it was a drunk white guy or a young black guy. Her opportunity to come across as an "attack victim" would only increase ratings for the network and help increase her image as a "I'll do anything to get the story" type of reporter.

The media ALWAYS over dramatizes situations to make them seem more critical. For sure it's the same with any BASE related report. ...Unless a LOT more happened off camera I still say she's an idiot.

waltappel

May 16, 2012, 9:24 AM
Post #39 of 48 (6468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Svin] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

Svin wrote:
waltappel wrote:
I e-mailed her, asking for her side of the story and the e-mail bounced.

Funny.. I did the exact same thing with the same result. Crazy

In rethinking your probably right. Wouldn't matter if it was a drunk white guy or a young black guy. Her opportunity to come across as an "attack victim" would only increase ratings for the network and help increase her image as a "I'll do anything to get the story" type of reporter.

The media ALWAYS over dramatizes situations to make them seem more critical. For sure it's the same with any BASE related report. ...Unless a LOT more happened off camera I still say she's an idiot.

Yep, it's pretty bad.

It seems to me the most likely scenarios are that the reporter is either very new and naive and is being manipulated or coerced into doing some really unethical stuff, or she is fucking evil and will do anything to get a dramatic story--including ruining some poor bastards life just for being a wiseass.

We have no way of knowing without hearing her side but I tend to think she is evil and that she's a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I do not doubt that the guy who interrupted her broadcast is a loudmouthed obnoxious asshole, but no way did he deserve to get arrested for what he did on camera. No way.

I hope her name and the TV station she works for are remembered for a very long time and blacklisted.

Walt

JBag

May 16, 2012, 4:12 PM
Post #40 of 48 (6369 views)
Shortcut

hahahhaa, yuna lee is cross-eyed!

waltappel

May 16, 2012, 4:23 PM
Post #41 of 48 (6361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JBag] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

JBag wrote:
hahahhaa, yuna lee is cross-eyed!

Post pics!

Walt

yeyo

May 16, 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #42 of 48 (6310 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JBag] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by yeyo on May 16, 2012, 8:06 PM)

crenshawfb

May 16, 2012, 8:37 PM
Post #43 of 48 (6298 views)
Shortcut
Re: [yeyo] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

Would tap with vigor.

JBag

May 17, 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #44 of 48 (6249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crenshawfb] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

oh hurro prease!

waltappel

May 17, 2012, 12:41 AM
Post #45 of 48 (6237 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crenshawfb] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

crenshawfb wrote:
Would tap with vigor.

She's an attractive woman for sure, but is she so hot that you would give her an interview as soon as you walked out of jail and lay the "Professor of Adventure" line on her?

I'm starting to see Professor Nick's point of view a little.Tongue

Walt

May 17, 2012, 8:03 AM
Post #46 of 48 (6156 views)
Shortcut

I am the true Professor of Adventure.

There are many other woman out there more attractive who are less cross eyed. So, no to tapping her with enthusiasm.

waltappel

May 17, 2012, 8:36 AM
Post #47 of 48 (6138 views)
Shortcut
Re: [460] BASE Jumping, it's a martial art! [In reply to] Can't Post

460 wrote:
I am the true Professor of Adventure.

There are many other woman out there more attractive who are less cross eyed. So, no to tapping her with enthusiasm.

If you were THE profession of adventure you would just make her wear sunglasses while you tapped her with enthusiasm.Tongue

Walt

May 17, 2012, 9:16 AM
Post #48 of 48 (6123 views)
Shortcut

while talking dirty to her with statements like "you are a terrible reporter" or "you looking to move up in Rupert Murdoch's News of the World?"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media