Post #1 of 23 (4724 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by seldomseen_mark

crossfirepilot

Dec 4, 2007, 12:53 PM
Post #2 of 23 (4630 views)
Shortcut
Re: [seldomseen_mark] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I said that another post was my last post, however, everyone needs the facts and directives that exist with this protest. I will post the direction and plan of action late tonight when I finish work. Then, after reading the plan of action, I urge everyone to sleep on it and think about it. Then, answer constructively and let's come up with a plan of attack that everyone thinks will work. Nobody has offered anything other than "Don't do this, you will screw it up for everybody!" Well, then, what course of action would you recommend, follow path "A," "B," "C," a Hybrid of all three, or be apathetic and do nothing at all.

I just responded to a PM with this following message:
I appreciate your comments. If more people answered constructively instead of in anger, maybe we could all come to the common consensus of the direction to follow. The community needs to pick a path that we all agree upon and go with it. No one has actively tried to organize a community wide effort. I fear that unless we come together on this issue, nothing will ever be resolved.

Right now, We have two sides, those for, and those against. Those against are not reading anything that we are doing. They have made no efforts to contact me directly, and no efforts to come to a resolution on how this should be handled. Do I know all of the answers, absolutely not. However, If all of us sit idley and do nothing, we will be right back at this same point ten years from now.

Feel free to contact me at any time. It is fairly easy to get my phone number.

Lee Sammartino
Uhuck.com

seldomseen_mark

Dec 4, 2007, 3:10 PM
Post #3 of 23 (4398 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by seldomseen_mark [In reply to]

crossfirepilot

Dec 4, 2007, 3:27 PM
Post #4 of 23 (4367 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
All Im saying is that we as a community need to figure this out and work together, or its divided we fall.

EXACTLY!!! I agree with you 100%. PM Sent.

(This post was edited by crossfirepilot on Dec 4, 2007, 4:21 PM)

jtholmes

Dec 4, 2007, 3:56 PM
Post #5 of 23 (4319 views)
Shortcut

if you have ever been busted in Zion, you would know that your statement about Zion being more likely to become legal before yosemite is totally wrong. absolutely 100 percent wrong and without any evidence to support such blasphemy. Zion might be more likely to follow Yosemite's lead as they did in enforcing a maximum, utmost and more even than yosemite type sentence. The federal magistrate and the head ranger and the prosecuting attorney for the U.S. of A. all sighted Yosemite in ereference to policy and sentence imposement.

leroydb

Dec 4, 2007, 4:26 PM
Post #6 of 23 (4267 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
All Im saying is that we as a community need to figure this out and work together, or its divided we fall.
Smile

fastpete

Dec 4, 2007, 5:59 PM
Post #7 of 23 (4135 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leroydb] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

whats uhuk?Cool

wwarped
Dec 4, 2007, 6:28 PM
Post #8 of 23 (4096 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crossfirepilot] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

crossfirepilot wrote:
everyone needs the facts and directives that exist with this protest. I will post the direction and plan of action late tonight when I finish work. Then, after reading the plan of action, I urge everyone to sleep on it and think about it. Then, answer constructively and let's come up with a plan of attack that everyone thinks will work. Nobody has offered anything other than "Don't do this, you will screw it up for everybody!" Well, then, what course of action would you recommend, follow path "A," "B," "C," a Hybrid of all three, or be apathetic and do nothing at all.

I commend your energy.
I commend your effort.

but I do NOT trust this group, yet.
you keep promising solid action plans and info, and I want to read them.

you ask that people wait and read YOUR plans, and wonder where is the naysayer's plan. fair enough. but what have you investigated? did you investigate ABP's methodology? Vertical Vision's? (I also know of 2 other, more private efforts...) what are their flaws? did you investigate the Frank issue?

you ask us to evaluate YOUR effort. very cool. but we need to evaluate ALL efforts!

you ask to come together and build. great. all for it. unfortunately, protests tend to be negative and destructive. if it must be done, I can live with it. I just do NOT think we have exhausted all positive options. I'd rather see a protest of people kiting canopies and being arrested in front of the media. let the media decide if the punishment fits the crime.

you show an admirable determination. it appears fueled by outrage and emotion. unfortunately, those frequently fail to in a marathon. it is hard to maintain the indignation. when so drained, these anger replaces these emotions. that is why I so need to see a plan.

dave81

Dec 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #9 of 23 (3818 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wwarped] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sure it has already been thought of, but why don't these organizations (ABP, Vertical Vision, 2other, more private efforts, and Uhuck) get together, organize a meeting with the directors of the NPS and find out what needs to be done to allow the permits to be issued before the protest jump.

base428
Bridge Day Organizer
Dec 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #10 of 23 (3777 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dave81] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

As mentioned in my posts two weeks ago, I'm sending a letter to Yosemite officials in the next week requesting a meeting. If they agree to meet with a small group of us, then we can discuss the future of legal BASE jumping in Yosemite. If they won't agree to meet with us, then I guess we'll know where they stand.

Now is the time to come out of the shadows and meet them in person....

nicrussell

Dec 5, 2007, 2:41 PM
Post #11 of 23 (3676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [base428] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

base428 wrote:

Now is the time to come out of the shadows and meet them in person....

I agree, lets hope this can be done through diplomacy. (I however doubt it) I know you'll keep us updated.

pidge

Dec 5, 2007, 3:24 PM
Post #12 of 23 (3635 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fastpete] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

fastpete wrote:
whats uhuk?Cool

No you spelt it wrong Pete, it's ufuck Laugh

Fuck the ufucking fins!Cool

fastpete

Dec 5, 2007, 4:12 PM
Post #13 of 23 (3598 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pidge] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

pidge wrote:
fastpete wrote:
whats uhuk?Cool

No you spelt it wrong Pete, it's ufuck Laugh

Fuck the ufucking fins!Cool

jaah, we will ufuck the every fokink finn tomorrow....ACTRB begans...
what`s that you think? Arctic circle top rail boogie, winter edition 2007 ofcource...very very limited slots...TongueTongue

pidge

Dec 5, 2007, 4:14 PM
Post #14 of 23 (3597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fastpete] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
what`s that you think? Arctic circle top rail boogie, winter edition 2007 ofcource...very very limited slots...TongueTongue

Freefall it ya pussy! The landingi is good for it!Laugh

stevenm

Dec 5, 2007, 4:28 PM
Post #15 of 23 (3585 views)
Shortcut

I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if the following sounds stupid, although I have tried my best to avoid this.

Is a protest jump really a wise idea? It seems that such a jump would antagonize NPS and make them even less receptive to allowing BASE jumping in parks. It may also hinder the progress of any other, more friendly efforts working towards this goal. We need to show NPS that we are willing to work with them and to convince them to change the policy through more "peaceful" means. Demanding that a law be changed by openly disobeying that law just does not seem like a very productive way to go, and can make relations with NPS even more unfriendly.

(This post was edited by stevenm on Dec 5, 2007, 5:07 PM)

fastpete

Dec 5, 2007, 4:41 PM
Post #16 of 23 (3567 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pidge] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

pidge wrote:
In reply to:

Freefall it ya pussy! The landingi is good for it!Laugh

i`m so ufokink scared about it...maybe no freefallink...you come to do it?Cool

leroydb

Dec 5, 2007, 7:45 PM
Post #17 of 23 (3490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevenm] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
Demanding that a law be changed by openly disobeying that law just does not seem like a very productive way to go,

It didnt stop certain people...

In reply to:
I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr.

In reply to:
Einstein once said "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

In reply to:
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
robert frost

I will finish with this quote from GW.

In reply to:
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like
fire,a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment
should it be left to irresponsible action."
-- George Washington

nicrussell

Dec 7, 2007, 3:37 AM
Post #18 of 23 (3312 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stevenm] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

stevenm wrote:
Demanding that a law be changed by openly disobeying that law just does not seem like a very productive way to go, and can make relations with NPS even more unfriendly.

Read the history of The United States of America and ask the same question to yourself and then ask the same question. Of course relations may go bad. wait, can it really go worse (save a strict shoot to kill comand)? Unless anybody comes forward with a better TIME specific, goal oriented shot at the seemingly impossible prior to the Uhucks date of protest, well then I Am fully in support of their plans. 1999 had a small protest that whent bad. (RIP JD) However I think it could be time for another protest. Now I truely hope Uhuck has a lot of ducks in a row before the date.

The Pick

Dec 7, 2007, 5:05 AM
Post #19 of 23 (3294 views)
Shortcut

8th district court of appeals.
Judge: Prosecutor you're telling me It's ok to hang-glide in the park, it's ok to parachute from a plain into the park. But jumping off the cliff then deploying a parachute is inappropriate?
Prosecutor: (Pause) But Judge these are Base jumpers.
They hate us! I don't know why but just let them get there hands on you and you'll find out. It's called conspiracy if your thinking about doing it your guilty of doing it. That's there mind set and they love it.
Jess Neuger, 21 days in federal prison for jumping Half dome.
Gear confiscated Near Moab for "conspiracy" while walking close to (not in) Canyon land Nat. park)
Good luck with Diplomacy

GreenMachine

Dec 7, 2007, 6:58 AM
Post #20 of 23 (3231 views)
Shortcut
Equal Access Strategy [In reply to] Can't Post

In 1993 the good Bush signed the "Americans
with Disabilities Act" into law. From then on
all public buildings and some private had to
be wheelchair accessible, have handi-parking,
and the correct facilities.

I think researching the cases and studying the
legal arguements made by 'People w/ Disabilities'
prior to 1993 might be beneficial.

In my mind the injustice is the exact same:
Citizens having un-equal access to a public
good
that is supported and maintained by
tax dollars.

wwarped
Dec 7, 2007, 3:37 PM
Post #21 of 23 (3124 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leroydb] uhuck protest jump [In reply to] Can't Post

since you like quotes...

protests were big in the 60's.
most failed and generated hostility.
(men protested by wearing long hair. they paid a price. why? many founding fathers wore pony tails! and have you ever see a picture of General Custer?)

some protests provoked needed change, most fell flat. protests scare authorities because they lack control. and protests can quickly turn ugly. do recall the US government SHOT bystanders at one protest?

so... do you recognize the source of the following excerpts?

guess who? wrote:
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
...protests attempt to destroy an existing order

guess who? wrote:
You say you got a real solution
We'd all love to see the plan
...agreed

guess who? wrote:
You ask me for a contribution
We're doing what we can
But when you want money
for people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
...'nuff said

things really DO come full circle. we forget many lessons of the past.

but (as stated before) this sport DOES belong to the young. they get to try what they want.

so who supplied the above pearls of wisdom?

littlestranger

Dec 7, 2007, 6:09 PM
Post #22 of 23 (3090 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
so who supplied the above pearls of wisdom?

lennon/mccartney

what do i win?

RJmoney

Dec 7, 2007, 6:58 PM
Post #23 of 23 (3067 views)
Shortcut

so do you really think its gonna be all right?
give me a break.

also are you doing what you can?

thirdly don't rip off awesome songs to make lame points.

(This post was edited by RJmoney on Dec 7, 2007, 6:59 PM)

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media