UHUCK.COM is up and running
Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

uhuck

Nov 18, 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #1 of 89 (9859 views)
Shortcut
UHUCK.COM is up and running Can't Post

The site UHUCK.COM is up and running. This is not a site to take away from basejumper.com, but a site with a purpose! So whats the purpose! Organizing a mass protest BASE jump off of El CAP on 6/9/08. We already have 17 jumpers committed and have begun giving out press releases and organizing bail money parties. We would appreciate a positive vibe on this one. The time has come for us to quite talking about it and do it. Please visit the site and show your support for this cause!

(This post was edited by uhuck on Nov 18, 2007, 4:13 PM)

airdog07

Nov 18, 2007, 10:36 AM
Post #2 of 89 (9843 views)
Shortcut
Re: [uhuck] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.uhuck.com/Uhuck/home_page.html

NickDG

Nov 18, 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #3 of 89 (9747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [airdog07] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm there 69/08 . . .

I'm also in for a t-shirt, after all, the ass I'm saving is my own . . .

But in my zeal to contribute I neglected to pick a size and I'm getting an extra small. I need a large!

NickD Smile
BASE 194

(This post was edited by NickDG on Nov 18, 2007, 1:12 PM)

uhuck

Nov 18, 2007, 1:02 PM
Post #4 of 89 (9727 views)
Shortcut
Re: [NickDG] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

Nick,
No worries a large it is, will be in the mail tommorrow. Let the brothers go, awesome!

Calvin19

Nov 18, 2007, 2:25 PM
Post #5 of 89 (9627 views)
Shortcut

some of us can't participate in the jump, as the offense on out record would stop us from doing our jobs. (airline pilots, etc) but I would come and ravel in the LZ.

NickDG

Nov 18, 2007, 3:04 PM
Post #6 of 89 (9571 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Calvin19] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

My current understanding is you need a "permit" to stage a protest in a National Park. But, fuck that, I believe you should be able to peacefully protest anywhere in the United States and they can shove their "free speech zones" up their asses . . .

The entire United States is a free speech zone!

And there are many of us in the same boat as you, Calvin. So the right way to go about this is to overwhelm them.

If every BASE jumper, just in the United States showed up, along with their families, friends, and supporters, there would be thousands of us and they wouldn't have enough paddy wagons for us all!

But if nothing else, buy a t-shirt or shut up Wink

NickD Smile
BASE 194

Sinister

Nov 18, 2007, 4:17 PM
Post #7 of 89 (9498 views)
Shortcut

I'm in the same boat as Calvin but I'll climb half way up the wall and shoot some film for you guys no problem and you never know my rope could just snap and I might just be wearing a special peice of saftey equipment that could save me from impact.

jadeinthesky

Nov 18, 2007, 5:09 PM
Post #8 of 89 (9456 views)
Shortcut

I'm there!!! I cant wait to land next to an nps ranger butt naked giving her the finger. you know what I mean. this is our land and we should be able to use it how we see fit.

(This post was edited by jadeinthesky on Nov 19, 2007, 8:30 AM)

badenhop

Nov 18, 2007, 6:43 PM
Post #9 of 89 (9375 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jadeinthesky] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

We should all imagine that if we land near an NPS Ranger we will smile and give a high five.

uhuck

Nov 18, 2007, 6:57 PM
Post #10 of 89 (9362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [badenhop] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

You know they really want to give you a high five. We have been bombarded with emails and t-shirt orders, thanks for the support. We will be adding a jumper form to the site in the next couple of days. As jumpers come form all over we need jumpers that want to jump to alert their local media and their personal intentions on making the jump, this will make our voice loud and reach the masses. Remember the Tshirts and the dvds are going to be the vehicle that gets us off El Cap, so if you want to jump help organize a bail money party in your area on your behalf. We will have a calander up this week with a coordinator to schedule parties. We will not be stopped!

base428
Bridge Day Organizer
Nov 18, 2007, 7:25 PM
Post #11 of 89 (9338 views)
Shortcut

So who is organizing this protest jump? Who is the face of uhuck.com?

Para_Frog

Nov 18, 2007, 7:42 PM
Post #12 of 89 (9316 views)
Shortcut

Security clearance be damned...

Map, Garmin, guille suit, and a borrowed set of PVS 14s for when the chase ends up in the dark.

My pursuers will end up naked, mushroom-stamped, and duct-taped to a tree. Cool

Can I get an Ooo-rah?

(I've removed my contact information - if you need me, you know how to find me)

psychokiwi_base

Nov 18, 2007, 8:52 PM
Post #13 of 89 (9277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Para_Frog] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

I got your OOH RAAH right here. I'm all for supporting this event but I'm with calvin and Sinister on this one. Not sure my fledgling commercial pilot career could handle a federal conviction but I'll run the beer garden, and bring my T Stake. Love the shirts btw but Chris Pope was wondering if you had one for him in a size 7...low cut?Laugh
Can't wait though it's on my calendar.

NSEMN8R

Nov 19, 2007, 5:11 AM
Post #14 of 89 (9110 views)
Shortcut

I'd like to jump with you guys.

I don't think my employer would give a shit about an aerial delivery charge and even if they did jobs like mine are easy to come by.

Besides, I could probably lose my rig and $2K in bail money and still get out of it cheaper than what I spent on a trip to Norway.

One question though: If you did get popped, would you just lose your base gear or would they steal your wingsuit too?

ChrisHall

Nov 19, 2007, 5:37 AM
Post #15 of 89 (9077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [psychokiwi_base] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey 311, Im almost sure your reading this. Whats the ABP's thoughts on this? Support?? Or Discourage? And if the ABP Supports, is there any legal help that the ABP could contribute? Help with gaining permits for any part of the protest or jump, or good lawyers for after the arrests? I dont mean to put you on the spot Gardner, and I apologize for that, but this is a serious deal brother, which many of us are considering and some are already doing. Im just trying to look at it from every angle!

Thanks Man.

tdog

Nov 19, 2007, 11:59 AM
Post #16 of 89 (8832 views)
Shortcut

I keep thinking of the 1983 Matthew Broderick movie "War Games" where a powerful military supercomputer, with the ability to launch warheads, named Joshua, plays a game of "thermonuclear war". It decides for itself, just like tick-tack-toe, there are no winners in nuclear war. So, instead it invites the humans to play Chess instead, with the somewhat famous line spoken with a 80's computerized voice: "Shall we play a game of chess?"

Quote:
In reply to:
Stephen Falken: Except, that I never could get Joshua to learn the most important lesson.
David Lightman: What's that?
Stephen Falken: Futility. That there's a time when you should just give up.
Jennifer: What kind of a lesson is that?
Stephen Falken: Did you ever play tic-tac-toe?
Jennifer: Yeah, of course.
Stephen Falken: But you don't anymore.
Jennifer: No.
Stephen Falken: Why?
Jennifer: Because it's a boring game. It's always a tie.
Stephen Falken: Exactly. There's no way to win. The game itself is pointless!

How does that relate?

I wonder if this protest jump is just another game of tic-tac-toe, or a game of chess? Will there be a winner? Will that winner be BASE jumpers? What is the strategy to win the battle (long term legal access?). A staged protest jump puts "us against them", and should anyone need medical attention, will just prove we are reckless law breaking yahoos.

I welcome anyone's opinion to educate me on - how the day AFTER the jump - discussions can begin on legal site access, and how this jump will OPEN those conversations instead of closing them? What is the end game? What happens after the bail money is used and everyone gets their fines?

crossfirepilot

Nov 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #17 of 89 (8782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tdog] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

“Each time a man stands for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”

~Robert Francis Kennedy

Obviously there needs to be a post plan of action that still needs to be addressed and discussed. Concerns about incidents adversely affecting the cause are well justified. However, IMHO, this is the best course of action. This is going to ultimately come down to a publicity / PR spin at all stages of the game.

You asked the questions: how the day AFTER the jump - discussions can begin on legal site access, and how this jump will OPEN those conversations instead of closing them? What is the end game? What happens after the bail money is used and everyone gets their fines?

I ask you, for our edification, how would you recommend these issues be addressed? Common consensus is going to be paramount. Obviously, we all have the same concerns. What answers to these questions would best suit the cause? I think everyone needs to answer these questions and voice a course to be stayed.

By the way, the myspace site is up and running also. Please add yourselves by going to: http://www.myspace.com/uhuck

(This post was edited by crossfirepilot on Nov 19, 2007, 12:57 PM)

tdog

Nov 19, 2007, 1:16 PM
Post #18 of 89 (8738 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crossfirepilot] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
I ask you, for our edification, how would you recommend these issues be addressed.

I personally don't believe in breaking the law in protest to get the law changed - so I don't have the "what to do next move" calculated... That is why I asked you...

I have about 10 different ideas of "peaceful demonstrations" that could get just as much PR and press (with a good PR person sending out the proper press releases and photos to the AP and other news organizations)... But it would not involve a jump, - thus not nearly as glamorous, and probably would not get the BASE jumpers to show up...

Butters

Nov 19, 2007, 1:17 PM
Post #19 of 89 (8736 views)
Shortcut

I wish I didn't have to ask but ... what if someone decides to write B.A.S.E. in human excrement at an exit point? I think there needs to be some rules, regulations, and more organization otherwise this will most likely increase the negative instead of the positive public perception.

gbegley

Nov 19, 2007, 1:21 PM
Post #20 of 89 (8729 views)
Shortcut

IF you have the time p.m. please.I work in Santa barbara for a paragliding school and have some contacts for private parties in Santa Barbara bars.My friends bring in 400 people at the parties,and all have money to spend.We can talk and see if we can put something on in Santa Barbara.Thanks
Gary

leroydb

Nov 19, 2007, 1:52 PM
Post #21 of 89 (8685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tdog] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

tdog wrote:
I personally don't believe in breaking the law in protest to get the law changed - so I don't have the "what to do next move" calculated... That is why I asked you...

I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Einstein once said "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

crossfirepilot

Nov 19, 2007, 1:53 PM
Post #22 of 89 (8678 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Butters] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

They will look like this "Pirate" Tarring and feathering will be a blessing comparatively.Wink

brianfry713

Nov 19, 2007, 1:54 PM
Post #23 of 89 (8677 views)
Shortcut

I'm in.

crossfirepilot

Nov 19, 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #24 of 89 (8653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brianfry713] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Guys,
If you could Email (to here in BASEJumper.com) me a photo of you in a "Jump" to be put on the myspace photos page only if you are going to be a jumper in this protest. Faces optionalWink

Butters

Nov 19, 2007, 2:01 PM
Post #25 of 89 (8653 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leroydb] UHUCK.COM is up and running [In reply to] Can't Post

leroydb wrote:
I submit that an individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Einstein once said "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

I really like both of these quotes and have used them over, and over, and over again ...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media