Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KrisFlyZ

Jul 27, 2007, 5:20 AM
Post #1 of 30 (4648 views)
Shortcut
Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? Can't Post

FYI.

On the recent BASE trip to Kjerag, I jumped without doing up my cheststrap and someone else jumped a sliderdown packjob(15+sec delay).

Kris.

johan420

Jul 27, 2007, 6:23 AM
Post #2 of 30 (4627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KrisFlyZ] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

how did the jumper came out with the 15+sec slider-off jump??
i know another jumper(i think it was a norwegian) did a 19sec slider-off jump on the same place some years ago...
a friend off my almost did the same thing from a terminal cliff....on the way up to the mountain he had bad carma and opened the pack...and yes the slider was down to the floor..Unimpressed

SabreDave

Jul 27, 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #3 of 30 (4529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johan420] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

Holy Fuck.......................

vid666

Jul 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
Post #4 of 30 (4524 views)
Shortcut

KrisFlyZ wrote:
FYI.

On the recent BASE trip to Kjerag, I jumped without doing up my cheststrap and someone else jumped a sliderdown packjob(15+sec delay).

Kris.

my guess is that you had a wingsuit on for a "strapless" opening.

tr027

Jul 27, 2007, 4:24 PM
Post #5 of 30 (4445 views)
Shortcut

Yes, Kris, I believe you are correct. Cheststraps and sliders are optional and more of a waist of time. Please report your results from not using these extraneous parts on your next 100 jumps so we can get a better picture statistically. Thanks for discovering this.

Faber

Jul 28, 2007, 3:19 AM
Post #6 of 30 (4338 views)
Shortcut

so whats the bennefit of not using your cheststrap or pack slider up on high jumps?

did you meet Trolls aswell?
i see no bennefit,you guys were lucky,the sliderdown guy might need to chek his/hers gear throughCrazy

dmcoco84

Jul 28, 2007, 4:46 AM
Post #7 of 30 (4328 views)
Shortcut

Kris,

What is the point of this post?

Your mistake of not attaching your chest strap could have gotten you killed. (And your relaxed attitude over it after the jump was also concerning to many people here in lysebotn) Lucky, as you said, you noticed it right as you were exiting when you tucked your chin. If you had not noticed it and made a full WS flight with a standard deployement (instead of using your left arm to aid in holding yourself in your harness) there is a good chance you could have fallen out.

Why would you wanna broadcast that mistake? Your post doesn't come off as educational or as a warning to be carefully of such matters. Very strange....Hey, you might as well post the pictures or I will with your permission. (For educational means)

Glad you are still with us Kris...

As for the guy who did the slider down 15+ sec delay. He escaped w/o injury but from the look of his canopy, he was extremely lucky he didn't go in. He had 5 lines brake including a few other things that will need to be repaired before the rig is jumpable again.

Lesson from this, if you have multiple rigs, and do not remember how it was packed...Skip the load and repack it. Especially if you store the rig without an attached PC (Which could aid in remembering how it was packed. If you have a rig with a 46 on it, you can guess it was not packed slider up.)

Coco

Colm

Jul 28, 2007, 9:33 AM
Post #8 of 30 (4274 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

dmcoco84 wrote:
Kris,

What is the point of this post?
Why would you wanna broadcast that mistake? Your post doesn't come off as educational or as a warning to be carefully of such matters. Very strange....Hey, you might as well post the pictures or I will with your permission. (For educational means)
Coco

Why? He's just "fessing up" and saying hey, it happened to me, it could happen to you, so don't get complacent like I did. His post may have not seem "educational" to some but it has started a good discussion and that's quite good too. Pilots in professional organizations do this all the time, there are even formal systems set up to encourage this kind of learning from others' mistakes, even if luckily no harm resulted. Trust me the last type of pilot you want to fly with is the dude who makes mistakes and tries to cover them up, even if his reputation is shit hot. Base jumpers and aviators fall into quite similar categories in this regard. I think the kind of self-reporting Kris did should be fully encouraged.

(This post was edited by Colm on Jul 28, 2007, 9:38 AM)

Faber

Jul 28, 2007, 2:08 PM
Post #9 of 30 (4192 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Colm] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
He's just "fessing up" and saying hey, it happened to me, it could happen to you, so don't get complacent like I did. His post may have not seem "educational" to some but it has started a good discussion and that's quite good too.
read the tread name again..
In reply to:
Cheststrap and Sliders Optional?
sounds more like a person who might think sliders and cheststraps are optional..
Nothing in KrisĀ“s post told us that it were near accsidents actualy it were ore telling the oppwersit.. really bad juju if you ask me.

In reply to:
I think the kind of self-reporting Kris did should be fully encouraged.
me too but only to currage people to be more carefull rather asking why do we use this stuff(in the above case).
Sliders and cheststraps aint optional,its required to do safe jumps,we has known that for a loong time,no need to Question if we should use it or not,it aint optional,its REQUIRED!!!

Crazy
Kris hope it were a drunk post,i dont rember similar posts from your side,and cant figure out why you would do so.Unsure

Colm

Jul 28, 2007, 3:57 PM
Post #10 of 30 (4170 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Faber] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

Faber wrote:
read the tread name again..
In reply to:
Cheststrap and Sliders Optional?
sounds more like a person who might think sliders and cheststraps are optional..

Nah, don't you think he's just being sarcastic? That would make more sense. Tongue

Personally, I wonder what a 15sec slider-down delay feels like, but not nearly enough to try it. Maybe the person in question could chime in?

Faber

Jul 29, 2007, 2:37 AM
Post #11 of 30 (4083 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
Nah, don't you think he's just being sarcastic? That would make more sense.
if you do a sarcastic post as above(if its meant sarcastic) you should stick your head out and tell the storry..

Rember loads of newbies read theese forums,i think its really bad juju if some of them (stupied)should think that either slider or cheststrap is optional..

Perhaps some one from the states were you sue if the cruisepilot dosnt keep your vericle on the road,did a stupied thing...(just to make a joke out of the people who also need to be warned not to dry animals in their microovens)SlyLaugh

dmcoco84

Jul 29, 2007, 3:17 AM
Post #12 of 30 (4077 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:

You obviously do not know Kris.

In reply to:
I wonder what a 15sec slider-down delay feels like

It F'in hurts, what the heck do you think it feels like.... "shaking head"

Coco

KrisFlyZ

Jul 29, 2007, 7:34 AM
Post #13 of 30 (4025 views)
Shortcut

Faber wrote:
In reply to:
if you do a sarcastic post as above(if its meant sarcastic) you should stick your head out and tell the storry..

Rember loads of newbies read theese forums,i think its really bad juju if some of them (stupied)should think that either slider or cheststrap is optional..

Perhaps some one from the states were you sue if the cruisepilot dosnt keep your vericle on the road,did a stupied thing...(just to make a joke out of the people who also need to be warned not to dry animals in their microovens)SlyLaugh

What more do you want to know?

If you think the title is confusing, please have a moderator change it to whatever is appropriate.

Kris.

Faber

Jul 29, 2007, 7:47 AM
Post #14 of 30 (4018 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
try start telling the storry,if not try ask a moderator to remove your post,it has nothing good to say at this point as i see it..

In reply to:
have a moderator change it to whatever is appropriate.
Perhaps "wow i lived doing this mistake" instead of " do we really need sliders and cheststraps???"

Go figure your selfCrazy

KrisFlyZ

Jul 30, 2007, 7:38 AM
Post #15 of 30 (3699 views)
Shortcut

Faber wrote:
In reply to:
try start telling the storry,if not try ask a moderator to remove your post,it has nothing good to say at this point as i see it..

My intention was only to state what happened.

Faber wrote:
In reply to:
have a moderator change it to whatever is appropriate.
Perhaps "wow i lived doing this mistake" instead of " do we really need sliders and cheststraps???"

Go figure your selfCrazy

I don't think it matters. If this is so important to you, as suggested before, have a moderator change the title to whatever you want it to.

Maybe "I am the doofus that jumped without the cheststrap". Wink

Kris.

leroydb

Jul 30, 2007, 8:28 AM
Post #16 of 30 (3669 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
It F'in hurts, what the heck do you think it feels like.... "shaking head"

Coco

<(HELPS COCO "SHAKing HEAD")>

<--not a personal attack.. just a funny to lighten up the situation...

KrisFlyZ

Jul 30, 2007, 8:40 AM
Post #17 of 30 (3654 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

dmcoco84 wrote:
In reply to:

You obviously do not know Kris.

Coco

Coco,

Make and effort to understand/know yourself before claiming to know others.

Kris.

Faber

Jul 30, 2007, 9:15 AM
Post #18 of 30 (3625 views)
Shortcut

perhaps you should enlighten us in what happened and wht you did to prevent dying,as you do so i think you do somthing cool,which might help others.As i see it now its a storry about 2 people who fucked up but only post the board to say "see i lived" like jackass..
I think its posible to all to do sh!t but as you posted here telling so pleace enlighten me about the storry..Thats why we have the boards..

telling you that i shag blond girls is just bragging,but if i tell that you need to touch their nippels to get into their pants then you have some usefull infoTongue get what i mean?

In reply to:
Maybe "I am the doofus that jumped without the cheststrap".
maybe you can tell how long a freefall,what did you do to stay indside the harness,did you jump a ws? etc etc

havensiangst

Jul 30, 2007, 9:17 AM
Post #19 of 30 (3622 views)
Shortcut
Re: Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

yezzzz....this thread is almost as good as the "fatality@perrine" thread....Unimpressed

78RATS

Jul 30, 2007, 9:28 AM
Post #20 of 30 (3615 views)
Shortcut

In reply to:
telling you that i shag blond girls is just bragging,but if i tell that you need to touch their nippels to get into their pants then you have some usefull info

Now that's what I'm talkin bout.

go faber. Tongue

Spiderbaby

Jul 30, 2007, 5:47 PM
Post #21 of 30 (3508 views)
Shortcut

Yep, that was a sweet zinger Faber.

wwarped
Jul 30, 2007, 7:06 PM
Post #22 of 30 (3480 views)
Shortcut

Faber wrote:
if i tell that you need to touch their nippels to get into their pants then you have some usefull infoTongue get what i mean?

I think more of us would rather hear your story...
it definately sounds more interesting.
(please omit the part where you discovered she was male!Tongue)

Faber

Jul 30, 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #23 of 30 (3423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wwarped] Cheststrap and Sliders Optional? [In reply to] Can't Post

In reply to:
please omit the part where you discovered she was male!Tongue
Well only this summer i got aware about chikswhithdicks,and only as i were told by the Italians that most of their girls are like that.. But as most people know the only blonds down there are fat danes and germans and you wouldnt try hit on themTongue

Kris,you owe me a beer i official hijacked your tread saving your a$$Laugh

(This post was edited by Faber on Jul 30, 2007, 10:53 PM)

KrisFlyZ

Jul 31, 2007, 8:41 AM
Post #24 of 30 (3326 views)
Shortcut

It was a wingsuit jump. Can't be exactly sure of how long of a freefall it was...maybe 7-8 secs at most. The exit went a bit headlow and as I pulled out of it and tucked the head, I noticed that the cheststrap was not done up.

Later, I sat up to kill the forward speed, held the right side of the harness with my left hand and pitched at the same time. That caused a 180 but that was not an issue as I was a good distance away from the wall.

I think this compares more to ass fucking a hooker without a condom than shagging some hot blond. Wink

Kris.

Faber

Jul 31, 2007, 8:47 AM
Post #25 of 30 (3323 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for your details mateSmile

In reply to:
I think this compares more to ass fucking a hooker without a condom than shagging some hot blond. Wink

Theres no real difference,the blond takes it in the ass aswellTongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : BASE Jumping : General BASE

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

D4DR Media